Ally McCoist - all chat in here

Adoniram

706 members have voted

1. 1. Is Ally the man for the job?

1)no it isn't, not even close.

2) you have no idea why gunslinger was banned, neither do you know why others were banned. Who gets away with "literal murder :lol: " on here, name names, or Pm me if you wish and we can discuss it.

3) no it isn't

4) yes there is and if you see someone breaking that rule then report them and staff will deal with it.

Got to go to work. to be continued.

So I'm ok to pass of opinions I disagree with as hatred and in fact to go even further and outright questions someone credentials as a "real" supporter? Can I get that in writing please?

Plenty of discussion was had about GS and his banning, even some admin piped up and said they were getting sick of his posting style which they felt was intended to be derogatory towards other posters without ever being overtly abusive: plenty of people fit this description at present, particularly in the BR section.

Point 3 and 4 are one and the same, the logic is sound and I stand by it: No Rangers supporter hates Ally Mccoist, not one. So the inference is quite clearly that we are not real Rangers fans, so what else is it if its not an accusation or questioning of "credentials" as a supporter?

You want names? I'll give you one right off the top of my head: Carson's Cat. Blatant troll. Pretends to debate but when faced with facts he ignores them or claims he's being "rounded on".

That isn't debate, its trolling and if that isn't enough even for a warning then what's the point of the rules against trolling?

Average SPL standard players playing shite in the SPL I'll accept, against part timers? Come on to fuck mate.

They never lost though, but on many occasions performances were average, but I don't recall us being lucky to avoid defeat And the only notable matches we lost were to Raith and DundeeU. Both operating in leagues above us at the time. By the way, all I'm trying to do is show context.

The relevance of something that happened 57 years ago please?

And your reaction to the Raith Rovers result was...

Everything in our glorious and occasionally inglorious history is important. It made us what we are today. Get the impression some fans have forgotten or ignored our glorious history in past few years and become almost self loathing of being a Gers fan. We will rise to the greater level again, for that is the standard we set. Too many posters seem to (rightly) loathe where we are today, but (wrongly) forget the external circumstances that influenced that so much. Sack the manager, maybe, but don't forget Ally stood like a rock for us in our worst moments.

Hate that some of our current fans are apparently losing sight of our traditions and achievement. It's the rock we stand on and have survived on, especially in our recent adversities.

So I'm ok to pass of opinions I disagree with as hatred and in fact to go even further and outright questions someone credentials as a "real" supporter? Can I get that in writing please?

Plenty of discussion was had about GS and his banning, even some admin piped up and said they were getting sick of his posting style which they felt was intended to be derogatory towards other posters without ever being overtly abusive: plenty of people fit this description at present, particularly in the BR section.

Point 3 and 4 are one and the same, the logic is sound and I stand by it: No Rangers supporter hates Ally Mccoist, not one. So the inference is quite clearly that we are not real Rangers fans, so what else is it if its not an accusation or questioning of "credentials" as a supporter?

You want names? I'll give you one right off the top of my head: Carson's Cat. Blatant troll. Pretends to debate but when faced with facts he ignores them or claims he's being "rounded on".

That isn't debate, its trolling and if that isn't enough even for a warning then what's the point of the rules against trolling?

I'd add Bawsburst to that.

Then where is everyone when we are playing them? This isn't a new phenomenon either. It'd been happening for years. I remember a League cup game vs Killie a few years back where the crowd was 14k.

That was the scottish cup on a Monday night when it was live on bbc, some folk plough all their money into ST's. Then are asked to pay big prices for scottish cup ties. Fuck knows why it happens but it does.

It still matters

Everything in our glorious and occasionally inglorious history is important. It made us what we are today. Get the impression some fans have forgotten or ignored our glorious history in past few years and become almost self loathing of being a Gers fan. We will rise to the greater level again, for that is the standard we set. Too many posters seem to (rightly) loathe where we are today, but (wrongly) forget the external circumstances that influenced that so much. Sack the manager, maybe, but don't forget Ally stood like a rock for us in our worst moments.

Hate that some of our current fans are apparently losing sight of our traditions and achievement. It's the rock we stand on and have survived on, especially in our recent adversities.

There's a Bill Struth quote that springs to mind here. I won't quote it, just in case some posters feel I'm insulting their intelligence again..

That was the scottish cup on a Monday night when it was live on bbc, some folk plough all their money into ST's. Then are asked to pay big prices for scottish cup ties. Fuck knows why it happens but it does.

It still matters

If it had been Celtic we were playing it would've been packed.

Ally's skillset clearly doesn't fit with football management. But I've long been a vocal supporter of keeping him until such time as he was holding us back on our journey- let's face it, the Rangers Manager's job has been 99% non-football related for a while now. I've maintained that despite the poor on-field showings, he has been holding us together behind the scenes.

This has now changed. The presence of Hibs and Hearts in the Championship, plus the perceptible settling down of the boardroom issues, mean I now favour a change. Not being comfortable with saying this without naming my preferred replacement, I'd have to say Billy Davies should be among the front-runners. Not in an ideal world, but he's clearly got the skills, and his circumstances are such that I believe we could be good for each others' futures.

So thanks Ally, you've done a job nobody else would or could have, and have been a key part in getting us back to our rightful place. We still need you on our side too, just not in the dugout.

Was thinking this is probably the most sensible post but you ruined it with mentioning Billy Davies, why do people see him as some sort of saviour? His credentials aren't actually that good, only slightly better than Mowbray in the English Leagues and he's been given more chances.

Football fans are such a fickle lot. Do I think McCoist is the answer long term? No I do not. But I do know that at times he has had us playing some attractive attacking football, unfortunately people are too short minded at times and as a habit (maybe it's a Scottish thing or just a Rangers supporter thing) can only remember the times where the team has played shite,

As to people using the cup games, FFS give us a break, we have had a lousy record against Dundee Utd even before McCoist took over, there have been many teams who lost to poorer opposition in cups and not only that but we did reach the final of one cup and the semi-final of another cup. I've said it before no board is going to sack a manager of a team who has just taken that team through a season unbeaten in their league irrespective of the league they play in.

Absolutely mental over-reaction to a pre-season friendly loss away to a team that just missed out on a premiership place and whose players play consistently at a higher level than most of our current crop ever have or could ever dream of.

And whatever your personal opinion of the manager, just remember it wasn't him who was responsible for us dropping down the leagues, losing all our players and being left trying to encourage others who would never ever normally get anywhere near a Rangers shirt in normal circumstances to come and play in a footballing backwater. That's where we are, and with very average players because that's all we can afford. Reality check needed for plenty in this thread it seems.

It's his fault we persist in pumping high balls to lone strikers

Not that. At the "stupid money".

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2618277/Rangers-players-believe-earn-according-Kevin-Kyle.html

The money is that stupid that the players themselves can't believe it.

I couldn't believe it either, but I don't think the manager would have the authority to approve the contract offer. He'd merely ask for player "A" and leave the signing and contract negotiation to others. That said, I did question the signing of Kyle at the time!

I don't think everyone who wants Ally out the door hates him. I have read some vile comments on here about him, parasite springs to mind. They can be personal and pretty vicious and seem like those people hate him, I have no idea why they would get to that stage with the guy.

BP

do you go to the matches on a regular basis?

can you honestly say that we play well, you are on the edge of your seat?

As a result of our woeful football my eldest wont even watch us on the TV anymore.

In his class at school, he is the only Rangers fan (no its not a tim school)

When a ten year old is bored of the way we play then maybe its time we started thinking that this is not all about agendas.

If we are not careful we will find a missing generation of RFC supporters.

"If we are not careful we will find a missing generation of RFC supporters". I think you make a great point. One of the positives for me over the past few years was the increase in young bears coming to Ibrox, mainly due to affordable prices. I think it's already showing that to keep these younger fans, as prices increase, we need to provide a degree of entertainment. It should come as no surprise if they are voting with their feet and staying away. A very poor business model or negligence, you decide?