Ally McCoist - all chat in here

Adoniram

706 members have voted

1. 1. Is Ally the man for the job?

Oh a professional taking a wage is a parasite - perhaps we should alwAys have been an amateur club ! One day, wether Ally makes it or not, I hope you come to your senses and realise just how bitter, uncalled for, and unreasonable calling our manager that is and hang your head in shame!

An extremely over inflated wage at that.

I didn't litterly mean playing like Barcelona, I meant when we don't play exciting football. I used that as an exaggerated way of putting my point across. I think you knew that though.

I can assure you there was plenty of threads made about this after wins last season.

Yes, there was plenty of threads made about a 7 million pound a year squad playing shite against teams costing 1/20th of that.

How dare we.

You are unbelievable, He's been AWFUL since day one! I don't even commend you loyalty because, honestly, ITS BLIND.

woeful since day 1 :lol: - and yet I bet you basked in glory when he won the old firm game!

It's comments like yours that exaggerate the situation but to what purpose?

woeful since day 1 :lol: - and yet I bet you basked in glory when he won the old firm game!

It's comments like yours that exaggerate the situation but to what purpose?

Is beating the taigs all you care about ?

Because they won in the end with McCoist blowing that 15 point lead.

I notice none of the excuse makers commented on the Hutton/Black combination that bombed against Raith but was reintroduced yesterday.

Or signing a centre half in McGregor and playing him at right back then wondering why we aren't creating anything in an attacking sense down the right.

Or playing a slow 36 year old forward at centre half

Or playing your most creative and skillful midfielder out wide where he is not as effective.

Or having 5 strikers and only playing 1

Or playing a left back in left midfield again when he's proved it doesn't work before.

All of the above are the actions of a clueless manager who simply doesn't know how to set up his team properly. That line up was an indication of his thinking ahead of Hibs and Hearts.

And while he persists with this ludicrous set up Rangers will continue to play the turgid route one crap we have witnessed the last 12 months.

I notice none of the excuse makers commented on the Hutton/Black combination that bombed against Raith but was reintroduced yesterday.

Or signing a centre half in McGregor and playing him at right back then wondering why we aren't creating anything in an attacking sense down the right.

Or playing your most creative and skillful midfielder out wide where he is not as effective.

Or playing a left back in left midfield again when he's proved it doesn't work before.

All of the above are the actions of a clueless manager who simply doesn't know how to set up his team properly. That line up was an indication of his thinking ahead of Hibs and Hearts.

And while he persists with this ludicrous set up Rangers will continue to play the turgid route one crap we have witnessed the last 12 months.

Spot on mate, unarguable points.

Yes, there was plenty of threads made about a 7 million pound a year squad playing shite against teams costing 1/20th of that.

How dare we.

To be fair though the team is worth nowhere near that in terms of quality. Due to lack of investment we have been forced to rely on free transfers ever since we were relegated to the third division. Most of which we had to offer a high wage to give them an incentive to play in the third tier of Scottish football.

Despite this we won the third division by 20 odd points and finished League Two unbeaten.

The games against Dundee United we simply came up against a team who had better players at the time and were playing Premier League opposition week in week out while we weren't being tested most weeks.

The Raith and Forfar defeats I admit there is absolutely no excuses for losing those games, but in cup ties these things happen.

This is the season I will make my judgement on Ally. We are playing in what will be a competitive league this year, therefore will have to play at a higher standard every week, meaning we should be better prepared for facing SPL sides in the cups. We have good competition for places in most positions in the team so the players should be motivated to play well and fight for their place.

If this isn't the case then I too will want Ally out but I think he deserves a chance this season.

Always cracks me up when folk hold up Ally being 15 points clear over them as an example of how great he was. Anyone taking over a business runs on the previous managers methods/ organisation until they implement their own systems. That was Walters team and organisation from the previous season and the time Ally had to prove himself was when things went wrong eg Naismiths injury. Sadly we all know what happened then.

Spot on mate, unarguable points.

You should expect the usual "until we stop moving up the leagues Ally has met every requirement put to him" or "goals are how I judge entertainment in football, not the overall performance of the team over the 90 mins". This will all be finished off with something like "back the team! Ally forever!"

No - but I think Ally is! And your point? ( which I guess will be to try to equate performances somehow ? Do I get a star?)

okay, so what makes ally a good manager and lennon not a good manager

they have massively overspent to win two league titles that are worthless, Lennon has managed to win a domestic cup mind you, oh and he made it to the last 16 of the CL with that shower of shite

so what makes ally a better manager than him

McGregor was played right back because both Faure and Foster were out with injuries, so that one point is invalid.

Jig should only ever be on the bench as can be still be useful, really wondering if there is anything written in his contract that say he has to play if fit?

Smith and Wallace on the left have worked pretty well at times, and Smith came on as a sub he didn't start there.

I've seen Macleod play well on the left with Wallace at LB, they seem to compliment each other, though totally agree that Hutton and Black shouldn't both start, should be one or the other.

At least when we conceded a goal McCoist did change it to two strikers though should have started that way, why bother bring those two back if not going to play both of them together.

Always cracks me up when folk hold up Ally being 15 points clear over them as an example of how great he was. Anyone taking over a business runs on the previous managers methods/ organisation until they implement their own systems. That was Walters team and organisation from the previous season and the time Ally had to prove himself was when things went wrong eg Naismiths injury. Sadly we all know what happened then.

ally is to get credit for gaining the lead, but apparently he isnt to blame for us throwing it away miles before admin kicked in :lol:

Alistair is allegedly on a rolling contract per year, it has a starting date and a finishing date...when either party can decide not to continue the arrangement....much like your yearly insurance DD, either you or the insurance company can end the arrangement or continue to let it roll.

If Alistair has only 4 months left on his alleged rolling contract it would require the payment of the remaininh 4 months only to terminate the arrangement.

It is a nonsense to claim we cannot afford to pay him off under those conditions.

Indeed it is nonsense.

Can't believe people are really using this as an excuse to keep him at the Club.

I was at Derby and the performance was poor, however this game is a means to an end and in the scheme of things means absolutely zero.

Ally McCoist definately has his limitations and has the team set up similar to Walter Smith who's teams (worth many millions) occasionally offered little entertainment but got results (similar to McCoist).

We could bring a new Manager in now at the most critical season in years and allow him to tinker with the squad (change formations, bring in his players etc) however as seen with Le Guen this may not happen over night.

The only continuity we have had in recent times is via the manager, when he doesnt get the results sack him, in the meantime hows about stopping the greetin, support the team and save our bile for our enemies.

McGregor was played right back because both Faure and Foster were out with injuries, so that one point is invalid.

surely we have another right back, even a young boy that can fill in for one game

shoe horning a centre half there does absolutely nothing for us, as it showed

we arent the team of superstars pre admin, we scraped the bottom of the barrel at times, these guys can barely play well consistently in their natural positions nevermind playing out of position

thats 6 pre season friendlies now, and ally seemingly doesnt know his ideal starting 11, formation to play, and style of play he wants, that effectively makes pre season a pointless fitness exercise, we could have had the guys running around bellahouston park and saved an absolute fortune in travel costs

The only continuity we have had in recent times is via the manager, when he doesnt get the results sack him, in the meantime hows about stopping the greetin, support the team and save our bile for our enemies.

continuity, as in continually shite, we have an awful record against decent sides under ally, what have you seen in pre season that convinces you that ally will turn this around

and even if we win the league this season, which we should given our spending power over everycunt else, what has he shown that convinces you that ally can win the premiership

sometimes a short term pain is needed for a long term gain, any decent manager can take over right now, use the squad available and still win the championship, this includes tinkering