Ally McCoist - all chat in here

Adoniram

706 members have voted

1. 1. Is Ally the man for the job?

From the Telegraph site.

"Derby’s team cost only £2.2 million, including three frees, those two loans and two Academy graduates "

I said finances not how much the team cost, quality of player, wages, money in compared to what Rangers have made out of winning div one compared to the money Derby would have got being at the top end of the English championship.

My point was it is easy for people to point at the gulf in finances that Rangers have over most of their counterparts, but it seems to me the same logic is missing because it doesn't suit the threads. Just my opinion of course

see the people who say you can't sack a manager because of a pre season game, have you even been watching rangers for the last couple of years? out of all european competitions to wee diddy teams, out of the league cup to falkirk, out of the scottish cup to scumdee utd, losing a 15 point lead in the spl, terrible performances against part time teams, losing at ibrox to peterhead and annan, losing 3 nil against inverness and scumdee, out of the league cup in the 1st round against forfar, followed by more terrible football in league 1, getting beat AGAIN by scumdee, losing in the ramsdens cup final to raith rovers, touring america and getting beat by a 4th teir american team, then more dreadful football against college teams, then the performance today. Ally isn't a fucking manager and he is holding us back YEARS.

I think we have the makings of a decent squad, but that is only applicable if you make the right selections, Play them in the correct position and play the correct system to suit the players.

At the end of last season we have 4 recognised strikers, Daly, Shiels, Clark and Little.

We released Little and brought in Boyd and Miller, That gives us 5 recognised strikers.

Ally has signed 5 strikers when his preferred formation is 4-2-3-1, so he will play 1 out of these 5 strikers.

The 4-2-3-1 is a decent formation and was the formation used by the World Cup Winners, but they have the players to play it and they also go about it in the correct fashion.

Germany :- Both the German fullbacks bomb forward, because they have the 2 sitting midfielders who dominate their area of the park and put out fires. They also get forward as required and can also hurt teams

Rangers :- Wallace bombs forward when fit, McGregor is a centre half who takes a nose bleed when he crosses the half way line

Black and Hutton are weak in their position and have no pace or mobility, They offer nothing going forward and seldom even attempt to cross the half way line.

I was going to go through our whole team and compare it to the German system, but it does not even compare because we simply do not have that quality of player or even that type of player to play that system.

Our Central defensive partnership should be Zaliukas and McGregor, but it wont be, It will be Jig = a n other.

Lewis McLeod is being ruined and he played both right and left midfield today, He is a creative central midfielder, Something that has no place in any McCoist team.

Aird is right footed, but is often played on the left and has to cut in and never seems to want to go past a player and get behind teams and provide a service to the striker.

Kenny Miller has no real strength in possession and can't deal with the inevitable long ball from Jig,

We don't really have enough decent possession in the last 3rd to allow Law to support and the gap between Law and Hutton and Black is not a gap, It is a fucking abyss.

The system is ineffective, The players are unsuitable and as stated above, The manager is a complete buffoon.

There is absolutely no point in outlining the above.Something we have spoken about elsewhere. 3 seasons after taking over and the same mistakes are being made. Those players do not respect him nor do they fear him and Stevie Wonder could see it.

I was hoping this would change for the coming season, obviously not.

These friendly games are about picking the right team, the team thats gna be played for the season.

For me players seem unfit at this stage, a week before the season starts.

american tour was bollocks there was nothing to take from that at all

Think we are really defensive and the formation played today is the one that ally will use this season which is pathetic.

Im not part of the ally out gang but at this stage i just feel we are gonna be embarrassed in this league this season if something doesnt change.

Mr Rangers in his pay decrease negotiations made sure it will cost £1.5m to get rid of him and his team. I have no doubt the upturn in ticket money would offset this, but sadly we have a moronic collection of Fans groups who would just use it against the Board. Having nonsense to fire at Wallace or the Easdales means more to them than Rangers actually being a decent football team.

The man should walk and waive any pay off given he is such a Real Rangers man, he has taken more than enough off us for his "management".