Ally McCoist - all chat in here

Adoniram

706 members have voted

1. 1. Is Ally the man for the job?

Not a lot I can disagree with here.....in many ways those who continue to make excuses and defend mccoist (the manager) are just as culpable as they create this aura that masks our glaring deficiencies under him that many of us have seen for a long time!

We need a change for the good of the club long term.

The guy is spot on.

And Ally does look Tired.

It is a concern couple that with the weight he has put on his Blood pressure must be Sky high.

The Man looks worried and lost to me as he wasn't experienced enough.

Our Troubles haven't helped either.

Its quite Sad, and this was my reason for not wanting Ally as Manager.

I reckon it's taking its toll on him.

'Ally Ally get to fuck' is something we might well hear again soon.

Listen, I don't need the history lessons. I know all about it.

It was wrong then, it'd be wrong now. It's a shite support that does that kind of thing.

What would have been the consequence of failure to get out of either league? Or do you prefer to dwell on competitions we were never likely to win for your negatives?

You mean two gimmes, why do rockets like you always make two gimmes akin to discovering the meaning of life. :lol:

Your stupid if you think it's just because of Derby

So it's just a coincidence that this thread was made right after the Derby defeat?

Just like it was a coincidence that threads were made after the Brora and Ventura County Fusion friendlies because of the results?

As I've said before, if you wanted to complain about last season then you're a few months late. He didn't get sacked for it then so he's not going to get sacked for it now.

Did I just see people talking of bringing the "Ally Ally get to fuck" chant back :ohmy:

It was just Jamie 'not JamieD'

It can safely be ignored.

Yes, apparently 'Rangers class' doesn't need to apply to the support

Don't agree with such chants, however sometimes people are pushed far enough when they're unhappy at a situation that they'll do anything to try and "fix" that situation I guess. Some people just go the more undignified route.

we are rangers we don't do this- what pretentious drivel

Is it? Lol.

Hmm, yeah, because people don't like their clubs to be seen in the best light. They don't like their club to represent certain things and behave in a certain way. Sure. (tu)

I don't try to attach greater importance to Rangers than it actually possesses (pretentious). It is important. Perhaps the question should be why you, as a Rangers fan taking the trouble to post in a forum, would think of that as pretentious and clearly therefore think that Rangers is not that important.

Listen, I don't need the history lessons. I know all about it.

It was wrong then, it'd be wrong now. It's a shite support that does that kind of thing.

It's a shite support? Really? It's wrong, yes maybe it is but it's not exclusive to our support, it's how football works and Ally McCoist and everybody else is very aware of that.

It's a shite support? Really? It's wrong, yes maybe it is but it's not exclusive to our support, it's how football works and Ally McCoist and everybody else is very aware of that.

Who said anything about exclusive? I don't care about anyone else.

It's shite to behave that way. It's especially shite towards someone like McCoist.

The OP was about the case or sacking the Manager now. It's not going to happen 'now' because the objective he and the squad are working to as set by the Board in the April Review document is to win the Championship in this s2014/15 Unless it becomes evident that the objective won't be met or is under sufficient threat of not being met then despite all the threads, articles and posts Ally McCoist will be given the backing of the Board and, by implication, the benefit of doubt.

You can feel the tension in the threads and the posts about the pre-season games, the abilities of the Manager, the tactics, the playing players out of position and so on. As many have said there would have been no excuse in the last 2 seasons for not winning promotion. There is no excuse this season either with the quality (on paper) and experience of the squad. But the pressure at Rangers for success this season to return to the top fight could prove to be a burden too heavy for them. That may be what many in the Support privately consider to be a real risk and which brings itself out in posts that pick up on what are justifiably perceived to be managerial shortcomings that result in games where confidence in the end goal gets dented. The spiral of vocal concern takes hold and 40 odd pages later the debate and arguments are in full flow.

If the games in August go badly, or are on balance ('all in all' to borrow Ally's phrase following the Derby game) less than ideally where Rangers would want to be results-wise at he end of August, then 40 pages on here would look like the starter for 10. And its more than possible that the spiral of vocal concern is heard more loudly at game.......which would heap more pressure onto a squad where handling that pressure is (imo) far from evident at present. If any encouragement could be given it would be to back the team to the absolute hilt and save any vocal concerns for social media sites. Speaking entirely personally I want the team be given every opportunity and encouragement to deliver the results even if that is despite of and not necessary a direct consequence of the way they are set up to play.

At Derby yesterday there was no adverse pressure on the team, but they still played shite! The buck stops with Ally and he has let the fans down time and time again with his negative tactics and inept team selections. It is time for the fans to let him know our support is not unquestionable and if he continues with his "no lose" tactics he will feel the wrath of the fans who pay good money to support the team home and away to be served up dross. We do not get luxury coach travel and ***** Hotels before games!

Or is he just happy to pocket our cash? :cgreen:

So it's just a coincidence that this thread was made right after the Derby defeat?

Just like it was a coincidence that threads were made after the Brora and Ventura County Fusion friendlies because of the results?

As I've said before, if you wanted to complain about last season then you're a few months late. He didn't get sacked for it then so he's not going to get sacked for it now.

Ill complain about McCoist at any opportunity going.

He's not the right man for the job.

Who said anything about exclusive? I don't care about anyone else.

It's shite to behave that way. It's especially shite towards someone like McCoist.

Yes it is shite towards McCoist but nae wonder. You don't want to see a 'legend' getting shit from the fans but when a legend puts himself on the pedestal then he has to take the flak that comes with it.

Ally won't be the first to feel the heat...but the pay is good.

People acting like "Ally ally get to fuck" is somehow below our support are fucking morons.

We are not some upper class version of a football support and never have been as far as im concerned. Football fans turn on managers/players when things aren't up to standard all the time, it's no different here

I do like to think we have more class than chanting 'Ally, Ally get to fuck' (again)

We have fans groups/websites getting interviews with Wallace, Somers and Laxey, it should be brought to their attention that the club is potentially losing money due to the man in charge. In a dignified manner.

We would need to be getting raped on the park week after week for they chants to become prominent IMO.

I feel this is where the statements attacking the board etc should instead be used to state our concerns with regards to the management.

People acting like "Ally ally get to fuck" is somehow below our support are fucking morons.

We are not some upper class version of a football support and never have been as far as im concerned. Football fans turn on managers/players when things aren't up to standard all the time, it's no different here

Nah, it should be below us. Acting like that towards someone like McCoist, all he's done is shite.

I wouldn't want to call you a fucking moron, but It's basically moronic to defend it.

Ill complain about McCoist at any opportunity going.

He's not the right man for the job.

I'd hate to have that attitude to complain about a Rangers legend "at any opportunity".

This isn't going to be an easy season, the last thing we need is folk like you getting on the managers back before the season has even started.

Nah, it should be below us. Acting like that towards someone like McCoist, all he's done is shite.

I wouldn't want to call you a fucking moron, but It's basically moronic to defend it.

I'm not defending it, I'm just saying it happens all the time and our club isn't above it.

I find it cringy that some in our support seem to think there's a different class of person that supports us