Ally McCoist - all chat in here

Adoniram

706 members have voted

1. 1. Is Ally the man for the job?

I do like to think we have more class than chanting 'Ally, Ally get to fuck' (again)

We have fans groups/websites getting interviews with Wallace, Somers and Laxey, it should be brought to their attention that the club is potentially losing money due to the man in charge. In a dignified manner.

We would need to be getting raped on the park week after week for they chants to become prominent IMO.

I feel this is where the statements attacking the board etc should instead be used to state our concerns with regards to the management.

Agreed.

As much as I don't think Ally's the man for the job , I won't be chanting get to fuck .

I'm not defending it, I'm just saying it happens all the time and our club isn't above it.

I find it cringy that some in our support seem to think there's a different class of person that supports us

I don't particularly think there is, just odd how standards and class only ever seem apply one way.

I'm not defending it, I'm just saying it happens all the time and our club isn't above it.

I find it cringy that some in our support seem to think there's a different class of person that supports us

I don't think that. I think that I've been going to see Rangers for 30 years and it's pretty close to me now. As are those that have been my heroes during that time, or even before it. I'd no more chant 'get to fuck' to McCoist than I would to Johnny Hubbard or a member of my family. That doesn't require a different class of person.

People saying "Ally, Ally get to fuck" chants are below us; though I agree with that.. if we lose to Hibs, and then to Hearts, and then go on a losing streak, I genuinely believe fans will lose that "dignified approach" and just turn into an angry mob who are unhappy at what they are being served up as "entertainment"

Our club, above all else; Is a club that needs to be winning, anything else is just a bonus. If Ally can't produce it, Ibrox will echo with "Ally, Ally get to fuck" as sad as it seems.

While I would never call a legendary Rangers player a buffoon, the Legend status is now wearing pretty thin. I was at Derby yesterday and I can say in some 40yrs watching my team play, home & away, at home or abroad, I don't think I can ever remember such a gutless, clueless and rudderless display by them. It was absolutely woeful and no plaster can cover over the huge gaping cracks there was on show yesterday....but do you know what the worst thing of the whole thing is that the headlines in some media outlets today have our manager saying he "wasn't too unhappy with the loss at Derby"

Over 10,000 fans paid good money to go and see how our team is looking before the start of the new season, and for any manger of Ranger to be pleased with that performance shows a complete disregard to the fans and a complete misunderstanding of the basics of the game. Any manager, let alone the manager of Rangers would not go online and say he wasn’t unhappy with that shambles…..yes its pre season and its play time, but 10,000 reasons to put on a performance and show the fans what they have been practicing the past couple of months…..ummmm looks like they forgot to practice.

If the team that started against Derby is the ‘backbone’ of what we will deem as our best 11 for this season…..it’s going to be one hellova long hard season. We should have got rid last season, we have again waited too long to do anything. When will people realise that a football legend does not make you a great manager. We have been dire for years under McCoist and will continue to be dire until he has gone…..can we get rid of him at present? Can we afford not to get rid of him at present? Lots of arguments and logic for both I would suggest but let’s put it this way, what will it cost us not getting out of this division this year? Will that cost be bearable, and we still have a crap management team after failing to win promotion? It is a double edged sword….and the decision will have to be made.

If this board is serious about taking us back to the top? ….then these are the decisions they must stand up and face and how they do this will tell you how committed they are to this. From my point of view, we have waited at least one season too long to make the change and we most certainly cannot afford a failure of a campaign and still have McCoist in situ at the end.

Some will argue Hibs & Hearts etc will be crap as well and that’s probably true but here is the kicker and why we are in bad shape….these two along with one or two others will, due to financial constraints, be filled with fit pacey young players…..while we have neither pace nor youth on our side. We are one paced, lethargic, clueless and will struggle to win many games by just turning up like we have the past two seasons.

So while I would never call McCoist a buffoon….I sometimes think we would be better organised with a real buffoon on the side lines. Sorry Ally….we can’t take any more of this gash…..do the honourable thing if you really do love the club as much as you claim

GSTQ

I don't think that. I think that I've been going to see Rangers for 30 years and it's pretty close to me now. As are those that have been my heroes during that time, or even before it. I'd no more chant 'get to fuck' to McCoist than I would to Johnny Hubbard or a member of my family. That doesn't require a different class of person.

you must be mother fuckin Theresa if you've never told one of your family to fuck off

I'd hate to have that attitude to complain about a Rangers legend "at any opportunity".

This isn't going to be an easy season, the last thing we need is folk like you getting on the managers back before the season has even started.

Mate Ally is a legend but it doesn't stop him being a shit manager.

If it wasn't for his legend status he'd of been long gone.

you must be mother fuckin Theresa if you've never told one of your family to fuck off

Don't think I have, actually. I've probably said it to other people I shouldn't have though. Blurted it out in anger.

That's quite different to a sustained chant.

I am not part of the ally out crew nor am I part of the ally in crew: I like ally as a man and as a manager I haven't made up my mind yet,

but having said that, if I was the manager of a team struggling to string together good performances, I would prefer to walk rather than be pushed, even if just for prides sake.

I am not part of the ally out crew nor am I part of the ally in crew: I like ally as a man and as a manager I haven't made up my mind yet,

but having said that, if I was the manager of a team struggling to string together good performances, I would prefer to walk rather than be pushed, even if just for prides sake.

I doubt it will come to that. We can and will romp this division.

People on forums crying their eyes out won't change that.

We are somewhere where we don't deserve to be. The SFA, SPL, the tax man, Loyds and Murray and wyte put us here.

Ally had a mountain to climb and we should be giving him our full support until such time as he is no longer our manager.