Ally McCoist - all chat in here

Adoniram

706 members have voted

1. 1. Is Ally the man for the job?

We don't need to have a successor in mind, invite applications.

There's a decent salary at a massive club up for grabs and the chance to lead the team into the Champion's League.

This is if Ally fucks up big time, as the way it stands he's going nowhere but I don't understand the folk that downplay the attraction of the job here.

If he were sacked NOW I would feel it was a bit harsh. If they were going to sack him it should have been the morning after the Ramsdens cup final.

It's pretty clear the board are sticking with him, probably for a few reasons. One is fear of a backlash from a fanbase who's trust and faith in the board are probably quite low. This one is a black mark against the board for me, they should have had the stones to do it.

Another reason is finances, it's not just Ally that would be punted IMO, if they were going to do it, he would have to take his backroom staff too. We need a totally fresh set of faces in ( when it eventually happens). its 3 contracts that would need paid up, so 3 decent sized payoff that we probably can't currently afford. If it gets any worse, and we do start losing in the league, I'd probably be happy enough with us getting another director loan to fund the change of management.

The board might also fear a bit of a backlash from the rest of the staff too ( which would be another weakness if it's the case). Ally is clearly a very popular person in the corridors of Ibrox.

I guess I would prefer if he walked away, and I think he might if he fails to do the business this year, and i am sure he will if we get back to the top fight and fail badly.

I don't think he is the man to take us forward anymore, but while he is here I'll be as optimistic as possible, and give him my backing. There are tons of very VERY valid criticisms of Ally ITT, and no longer argue or try to defend against those things.

Where I differ from some is I won't constantly moan about how shite he is and how he should just "fuck off", I won't blame all of the problems at Ibrox on him, and I will still defend him if i feel someone is being over critical, abusive, or just wrong in what they are saying :P Also he could still change my mind and regain my trust in his ability...... IF we end up having a successfull season, win a cup, and win the league comfortably, while raising the entertainment value ( which can't get much worse tbh) Then i will spin again and want him to get a crack at the top flight :D

/ramblings.

Most of what you said I agree with or somewhat agree with but the quoted statement, I don't. Ally will not walk away as he knows that will forever be used against him by every jungle alive! He really can't take us forward just now as we seen since Christmas. We've regressed again and just now we are frankly woeful.

I fear, Ally needs the sack and he has keys to closets preventing his sacking.

fair play mate. the we dont do walking away comment probably would play on his mind when and if he thinks about giving it all up.

There are ways he could do it without officially resigning, a word with the board and they could probably be convinced to take one for the team and "sack him", he could later do an interview where he admits it was probably the right decision, and we could all move on.

Most boards keep managers than win divisions.

But but we keep getting beat in friendlies.. WATP and we must win every game. So fuck if Dundee beat Man City....We are the best team in the whole wide world! Better than City better than United...We are the fucking best! WATP!

I doubt it will come to that. We can and will romp this division.

People on forums crying their eyes out won't change that.

We are somewhere where we don't deserve to be. The SFA, SPL, the tax man, Loyds and Murray and wyte put us here.

Ally had a mountain to climb and we should be giving him our full support until such time as he is no longer our manager.

I hope he is a better mountain climber than he is fuckin manager!!!

Oh, please! Spare me. That's such arrogant nonsense.

Not at all....unfortunatly an "I told you so...." Situation is just around the corner. I just hope those with their heads buried in the sand realise before too much damage is done.

I'd like to see Ally go. He's done what he can, and I'm appreciative of that. But ya know we'll only appoint dross to replace him. So before we'd sack him I'd want some reassurance that there will be competent people in charge of the process to finding a new manager. I'd suspect the club to bring in your typical british 4-4-2 man management "we'll win games with passion" manager. If the club is to dominate scottish and british football again we need the new Klopp or a Vrba and it'll need a real youth system and givning the youth a chance. Sadly it looks like we haven't learned a thing since our finances went "sour".

Not at all....unfortunatly an "I told you so...." Situation is just around the corner. I just hope those with their heads buried in the sand realise before too much damage is done.

Seems like that's what you are interested in - the ' I told you so..' Sad

I am not part of the ally out crew nor am I part of the ally in crew: I like ally as a man and as a manager I haven't made up my mind yet,

but having said that, if I was the manager of a team struggling to string together good performances, I would prefer to walk rather than be pushed, even if just for prides sake.

But what defines good performances ? Winning games? Or some other nebulous subjective factor? Winning the league is our number 1 priority - always is - and here we have a manager that has won two leagues - has strengthened to win a third and suddenly the chat is about 'performance' not results! I wonder if we played easy.on the eye football and lost how many folks would be saying 'but results are what count' ?

People are seriously doubting Hearts this season if they think we'll romp the league.

We'll be lucky to get a draw next Sunday, they really are hitting some good form and racking up good results.

We've got no form and no good performances at all in pre-season, aside the games behind closed doors.

Yeah he's clearly after an "i told you so" situation, instead of sitting back and not pointing out many of mccoists faults he's openly debating them

Have a word with yourself ya fucking idiot

No idea, why you all still insist on replying to that clown. We all know his soul reason for being on this forum and it's not for the love of Rangers. He's a sad wee man that likes to posts shite to get a rise out of people. Don't give him it. Block him. He'll soon get bored.

was great walking in to the stadium on saturday and being surrounded by bears giving it laldy again for the first time in a few months, being able to drink and get it up to your seat was also enjoyable however it was the lack of anything on the pitch and the familiar sight of ally standing in the dugout with his arms folded and lookiing like he has no idea how to change the game where it sunk in that we are probably in for the same turgid, predictable pish we have been served the last 2 years. :disappointment:

Yeah he's clearly after an "i told you so" situation, instead of sitting back and not pointing out many of mccoists faults he's openly debating them

Have a word with yourself ya fucking idiot

It was him that fking said it - calm doon dear!

No idea, why you all still insist on replying to that clown. We all know his soul reason for being on this forum and it's not for the love of Rangers. He's a sad wee man that likes to posts shite to get a rise out of people. Don't give him it. Block him. He'll soon get bored.

Cause I'm a soul man - do do do do do!

But what defines good performances ? Winning games? Or some other nebulous subjective factor? Winning the league is our number 1 priority - always is - and here we have a manager that has won two leagues - has strengthened to win a third and suddenly the chat is about 'performance' not results! I wonder if we played easy.on the eye football and lost how many folks would be saying 'but results are what count' ?

If you're playing good football most weeks it's highly unlikely you'll not be getting results. We're playing shite football and getting results so why would playing good football make us lose games?