Ally McCoist - all chat in here

Adoniram

706 members have voted

1. 1. Is Ally the man for the job?

FK me - then why do Man City even need a manager after all the cash they have paid - surely as the biggest spenders in the EPL they must win the treble every year and without needing a manager? But we all know that no matter the class of player they need managed - and Ally sourced and improved the squad

and ally has managed them........badly, our performances got steadily worse and players were noticeably off form, but we continued with the same shite just because he didnt know what else to do, jon daly an example

and we all know cup games are just that, cup games where the smaller teams always have a chance as on the day that regularly happens.

regularly? again i'll ask, how many rangers managers have the unwanted record of not winning a domestic cup in 8 attempts, 2 of them were mostly part time cups

cups provide shocks and off days, ally has had far too many in 3 years to simply be the romance of the cup

what about the point on macleod, even if he looks alright wide left, he was easily our best centre mid in division 3, and was shunted out wide to accomodate ally's signings

rather than play templeton wide left, and macleod centre mid, we played the half arsed law and black no matter how fucking bad they were

as for trying the likes of faure etc in different positions, why not try him in his actual position first seeing as we are playing the likes of plumbers and posties, we were never in any danger of losing the league, but instead we played the likes of cribari at centre half

square pegs in round holes only works when your square pegs are high class players, or you are in desperate times, we had neither situation in the last 2 years

That half arsed Law is one of our most talented players. It isn't his fault he gets the ball lobbed over his head every game and ends up having to drop deep instead of up attacking with the ball. Black was probably our second best player last season, he is very consistent and holds the midfield together.

and ally has managed them........badly, our performances got steadily worse and players were noticeably off form, but we continued with the same shite just because he didnt know what else to do, jon daly an example

regularly? again i'll ask, how many rangers managers have the unwanted record of not winning a domestic cup in 8 attempts, 2 of them were mostly part time cups

cups provide shocks and off days, ally has had far too many in 3 years to simply be the romance of the cup

How many Rangers managers have had to deal with the same shite as ally or this level of squad? None - this is uncharted territory and some fans have cracked

How many Rangers managers have had to deal with the same shite as ally or this level of squad? None - this is uncharted territory and some fans have cracked

uncharted territory aye, no other rangers manager has had a chance to play in the challenge cup and failed to win it twice

the tarriers have only won 1 domestic honour since our demotion, which left the other 3 for us

Must say though, while Ally has a crap record in cups, I think his productivity on buying cheap and selling on for profit has to be the worst in any division pmsl .....and I think that shrewd bit of business capturing Daly last year just shows he can spot a sinking ship a mile away!!!!!!

GSTQ

If I could do the shifty eyes I would. Sinking ship?

Not at all....unfortunatly an "I told you so...." Situation is just around the corner. I just hope those with their heads buried in the sand realise before too much damage is done.

If you want to debate the issue, fine, but as I say, spare me the arrogant nonsense, which your certainty of your own correctness is lurching into.

I actually think it shows huge disrespect to the fans from the Manager. He must surely know the majority of fans are exasperated with the quality of product on offer and yet he persists with it and completely ignores fans frustrations.

As an Ally backer I'm annoyed at his disregard for modernising his approach. Getting us back to the top division is the main objective of course but there is no reason why he can't play a more attractive and dynamic style of attacking football whilst still achieving our goals.

Modern football in this modern era demands more than just winning. The manner in which you win is also critical to satisfy your paying supporters and attracting the next generation of fans. He needs to lift his head and see the bigger picture. We are supposed to be in this together so don't ignore your stakeholders.

Ally has won quite a lot of cup games without actually winning a cup.

Here's Ally's 10 cup defeats in 3 seasons as Boss.

2011-12

C.L.Q Malmo H L 0-1.

C.L.Q Malmo A D 1-1.

(Agg.1-2

E.L. Q Maribor A L 1-2.

E.L. Q Maribor H D 1-1.

(Agg.2-3)

LC Falkirk A L 2-3.

Sc Cup Dundee Utd H L 0-2.

2012-13

RC Queen of South H D 2-2.

(lost on pens)

LC Inverness C.T. H L 0-3.

SC Dundee Utd A L 0-3.

2013-14

LC Forfar Athletic A L 1-2.

RCF Raith Rovers N L 0-1.

SC Dundee Utd H L 1-3.

I'd say Scumdee Utd are his 'jinx'

Thought it be wise to put his 'successful' cup record up in the spirit of fairness...

2011-12

Sc Cup Arbroath A W 4-0

2012-13

RC Brechin City A W 2-1.

LC East Fife H W 4-0.

RC Falkirk A W 1-0.

LC Falkirk H W 3-0.

LC Motherwell H W 2-0.

SC Forres Mechanic A W 1-0.

SC Alloa Athletic H W 7-0.

SC Elgin City H W 3-0.

2013-14

RC Albion Rovers N W 4-0.

RC Berwick Rangers H W 2-0.

RC Q.O.S A W 3-0.

RC Stenhousemuir A W 1-0.

SC Airdrieonians H W 3-0.

SC Falkirk A W 2-0.

SC Dunfermline H W 4-0.

SC Albion Rovers H D 1-1.

SC® Albion Rovers N W 2-0.

It suggests some relative improvement

He's aged about 20 years here.

Id of loved seeing nothing more than McCoist walking after his unbeaten league campaign with his head up.

I was saying this to somebody last night.

If you like him as a manager or you don't I doubt you will find one person who would try to deny that he's been through the ringer over the past two and a half years like the rest of us have and although you age as you get older he's done it at a rapid rate in that time.

You often hear about how people totally burn out when they are passionate about something and whenever I see him I see a guy who is burnt out and needs a proper break away (not a two week break to Portugal) from the game for a bit and I think that's also showing in the way that we always seem to just be going through the motions.

I was saying this to somebody last night.

If you like him as a manager or you don't I doubt you will find one person who would try to deny that he's been through the ringer over the past two and a half years like the rest of us have and although you age as you get older he's done it at a rapid rate in that time.

You often hear about how people totally burn out when they are passionate about something and whenever I see him I see a guy who is burnt out and needs a proper break away (not a two week break to Portugal) from the game for a bit and I think that's also showing in the way that we always seem to just be going through the motions.

Potentially I see McCoist being here another 3-5 years as well.

I reckon he'll do next year. Then get 2 years in SPL maybe even 3.

I think that people are sick of negative tactics and formations. They want to see Rangers attacking with style and they have not really seen that under Ally. I think we are heading for a bad beating somewhere and then we will hear Ally GTF coming from the stands. The more negative we play the more likely to hear Ally GTF and that will be a sad day for all.

Unfortunately I think Ally believes that the style and standard of football is ok and he is not reading the fans feelings.

Ally does not give two fucks what the fans think mate .He is way too thick skinned .He will always give us the sales speel though that the fans are sooooo important

Iirc we haven't beat Dundee utd in the Scottish cup since the late 70s.

You've already been corrected on that one (wins in Feb 1980 & may 1981).

Oh - and March 89, with the current manager netting the winner.

Thought you 'd have known that much about him.

Why do you ignore the three times we beat them in the league in the same time period? don't those count?

I am happy to admit that the 5-0 win in the penultimate home game of the admin season was an absolutely cracking display.

Other than the couple of scum wins, the only stand-out performance in 3 years.

Thought it be wise to put his 'successful' cup record up in the spirit of fairness...

2011-12

Sc Cup Arbroath A W 4-0

2012-13

RC Brechin City A W 2-1.

LC East Fife H W 4-0.

RC Falkirk A W 1-0.

LC Falkirk H W 3-0.

LC Motherwell H W 2-0.

SC Forres Mechanic A W 1-0.

SC Alloa Athletic H W 7-0.

SC Elgin City H W 3-0.

2013-14

RC Albion Rovers N W 4-0.

RC Berwick Rangers H W 2-0.

RC Q.O.S A W 3-0.

RC Stenhousemuir A W 1-0.

SC Airdrieonians H W 3-0.

SC Falkirk A W 2-0.

SC Dunfermline H W 4-0.

SC Albion Rovers H D 1-1.

SC® Albion Rovers N W 2-0.

It suggests some relative improvement

Hardly inspired reading there. The only team of note was Motherwell & that performance has yet to be replicated. I'm not so sure that win was down to Ally's management & more from the backing of us fans which was outstanding that night.

Hardly inspired reading there. The only team of note was Motherwell & that performance has yet to be replicated. I'm not so sure that win was down to Ally's management & more from the backing of us fans which was outstanding that night.

How many defeats do you put down to negativity from the fans? Or is there just an unwillingness to give Ally credit for anything at all?

How many defeats do you put down to negativity from the fans? Or is there just an unwillingness to give Ally credit for anything at all?

Derby was crackling with support/positivity on Saturday and the usual shite fare was served up as per, its a two way street.

My point being that the Motherwell game seems to be an anomaly in an otherwise dismal cup record.

I give him a lot of credit for actually holding this club together during the tough times but after 3 years of managing this club he has yet to show any signs of improvement in his management skills & learning from his mistakes.