Ally McCoist - all chat in here

Adoniram

706 members have voted

1. 1. Is Ally the man for the job?

If you think Law was poor for Motherwell then you are the one who need's to actually go and watch previous games and do a bit of research before talking utter shite on here.

He was one of the best midfielders in Scotland the season he joined us.

It's you who has no clue what he is talkiung about...and it seems a few have picked up on it :lol:

You're struggling to read too. Take a chill pill and show me where I said Law is poor...

Ive said this before and I'll say it again.

A very public vote of no confidence in Ally from his employers SHOULD be enough to make Ally walk. It would be for most managers with any self respect.

Wallace can play it any way he wants, But he needs to get it out there that the manager and his staff should shape up or ship out..

Ally would be a laughing stock within the footballing world if he was to continue with that turgid mince tactics every week, after such a comment and the headlines it would create.

You're struggling to read too. Take a chill pill and show me where I said Law is poor...

You are saying he was bang average despite being one of the best midfielder the season before he joined us :lol:

You have no clue what you are on about.

Another roaster who spends him time spouting pish to defend his wee hero.

Is getting the best out of players getting them winning? Which is pretty much what's happening at the moment. At best our lot are an average bunch that play average football, thats why we're doing okay in the lower divisions and struggling against better teams. Dundee Utd, for instance, is a top half premier team, which only the best of our lot of last season could aspire too. Derby were top drawer Championship, where our strikers, for instance, were average and poor when they played there. We are where we are, and that wasn't Ally's fault and he's been left trying to live up to Rangers standards with Bob the Builders plastic toolkit.

so when united rolled up to ibrox with a 17yo and two 19yo's in their defence, one of whom was only playing for queens park the year before, and they turned us over 3-1, its not allys fault that he cannot coach a team full of premiership experienced players to beat a team of boys

I would happily lose tonight in a diddy cup if it meant Ally was replaced. Ill still be cheering us on but I just think its a matter of time before we struggle further down and remain mediocre. It will set us years behind.

You are saying he was bang average despite being one of the best midfielder the season before he joined us :lol:

You have no clue what you are on about.

Another roaster who spends him time spouting pish to defend his wee hero.

So you've now admitted you've made four mistakes with your "examples" or should I say all of your "examples" and you're calling ME a roaster? Lolz

I accept our opinions on Law are exactly that, opinions. But who, exactly, apart from us were in for "one of the best midfielders" in the SPL?

so when united rolled up to ibrox with a 17yo and two 19yo's in their defence, one of whom was only playing for queens park the year before, and they turned us over 3-1, its not allys fault that he cannot coach a team full of premiership experienced players to beat a team of boys

My recollection of that game is we were the better team, missing a couple of gilt edged chances before conceding and then an abomination by our goalkeeper rubbed salt in the wound.

My recollection of that game is we were the better team, missing a couple of gilt edged chances before conceding and then an abomination by our goalkeeper rubbed salt in the wound.

better team? we had two good chances, our experienced players missed them (daly and shiels, two of ally's signings) dundee united had 2 chances at least, they scored them, and we got back into it with a smith free kick

HT 2-1 and with a chance to get the guys in and gear them up for a second half that could win us a place in the scottish cup final, ally gives his team talk

we come out in the second half and if my memory serves me correctly, another stevie smith freekick was the closest we came to an equaliser

better team? we had two good chances, our experienced players missed them (daly and shiels, two of ally's signings) dundee united had 2 chances at least, they scored them, and we got back into it with a smith free kick

HT 2-1 and with a chance to get the guys in and gear them up for a second half that could win us a place in the scottish cup final, ally gives his team talk

we come out in the second half and if my memory serves me correctly, another stevie smith freekick was the closest we came to an equaliser

Correct. We should have went 1 up from Moshni and it could have changed the game. Utd had another gear or two and were comfortable as we rushed about losing our energy. It was more the players playing for a rocking Ibrox rather than playing for Ally

I would happily lose tonight in a diddy cup if it meant Ally was replaced. Ill still be cheering us on but I just think its a matter of time before we struggle further down and remain mediocre. It will set us years behind.

Well done Jamie. At least you admit your hate for our manager is greater than your love of our Club. (tu)

Much of the debate in this one centres around a couple of things, McCoist the person and McCoist the manager.

Lets take McCoist the person.

Legend at Rangers and always will be, that’s never in question and I berate anyone who thinks it is. But take McCoist away from the legend status and have a look at what the man has and has not done for the club.

He stuck by us and was a rock as everything around him was crumbling, again that has never been in doubt and I do think a lesser person would have capitulated and said fuck it im off. So big plus for that one and it is probably the main reason people stick by him.

On the flip side, he was the first ‘spiv’ to buy bucket loads of penny shares, well everyone else who bought them was branded the same, so there should be no differentiation there.

Ally has stabbed more people in the back the past three years than you care to shake a stick at, sometimes not by what he said …but mostly by what he didn’t and by his actions. He has never stood up once and asked the fans to get behind the board or to buy season tickets, seems a bit strange considering the powerful influence he has with some elements of the fan base. No support/Season Tickets/Merchandise….no fukin team, so the logic behind this one is a bit of a mystery….perhaps when he leaves it will all become clearer.

So McCoist the person is a bit of a fucked up icon as far as his actions and what he actually does to benefit the club and its finances…..people have their own ideas but I think Ally has made a packet and will be very comfortable for the rest of his life….whether we survive or not.

Lets now look at Ally the manager:

He has had a torrid time and has had to work under things none of his predecessors ever had to and that is never easy, being compared with Smith or Advocaat for example, a bit unfair. Managers have to work with what they have and in the past 10yrs Rangers managers have not been exactly cash rich to strengthen and improve again a tough one to criticise.

There are some things that he can certainly be criticised for though, and there is no hiding from them. His ability to ‘spot a player’ is astonishingly bad for someone who played at the highest level and worked under one of the greatest. By this I don’t mean talent spotting, by this I mean looking at a player and seeing what they do well, like finding space, and what they do badly, like closing space. If you can read these signs and see where they fail or do well, you can piece together a team that doesn’t have to be full of expensive signings, especially playing in the lower leagues of Scotland, but you can see and play people who play well together and play to their strengths. This is what managers do when they do not have the funds to buy and improve that way, instead of this Ally tries to make them play a game and a role they are not comfortable with and for the most part why they look slow, lethargic and out of sorts, yes I know they are not the best standard of player, but playing them correctly would make an improvement. What I meant by him not being able to spot a player shows through in some of the stupid signings he has made, he has very very very rarely bought a player to play a role….he just buys players and lets them struggle, lose confidence and regress as far as their Rangers careers goes. But again that doesn’t explain why he plays certain people all the time…Hutton for one….my god the lad looks as if he is running in treacle most of the time…..he of the one square, two back then lump up the park passing rota!!!

Lots of guys have given many good reasons and fair judgements as to why Ally is a pish manager but my one is that he cannot motivate or get his team up for a game, irrespective of the occasion, as seen in our disgraceful cup exits etc last season. For someone who was always ‘the life and souls of the party & a Jack the lad’ he gets nothing out of his players to show that. Even average and poor players would bust a gut for a great motivator and would put in a shift fort the cause if motivated properly. There should be very little motivation required playing for a team like Rangers, yes on a cold December day in Elgin its tough, but it happens every week come rain shine hail or anything….there is never any oomph in the team…..could it be they are disillusioned and flat because of the lack of respect they have? No idea….but they better get their mojo going pretty quick, we don’t have time to fuck about this year and we certainly don’t have time for people in blue not getting motivated and up for the fight…..and that includes the manager and his cronies.

My opinions only....as seen by the debate ...others have different ideas, isn't that the great thing about it though :-)

GSTQ

Much of the debate in this one centres around a couple of things, McCoist the person and McCoist the manager.

Lets take McCoist the person.

Legend at Rangers and always will be, that’s never in question and I berate anyone who thinks it is. But take McCoist away from the legend status and have a look at what the man has and has not done for the club.

He stuck by us and was a rock as everything around him was crumbling, again that has never been in doubt and I do think a lesser person would have capitulated and said fuck it im off. So big plus for that one and it is probably the main reason people stick by him.

On the flip side, he was the first ‘spiv’ to buy bucket loads of penny shares, well everyone else who bought them was branded the same, so there should be no differentiation there.

Ally has stabbed more people in the back the past three years than you care to shake a stick at, sometimes not by what he said …but mostly by what he didn’t and by his actions. He has never stood up once and asked the fans to get behind the board or to buy season tickets, seems a bit strange considering the powerful influence he has with some elements of the fan base. No support/Season Tickets/Merchandise….no fukin team, so the logic behind this one is a bit of a mystery….perhaps when he leaves it will all become clearer.

So McCoist the person is a bit of a fucked up icon as far as his actions and what he actually does to benefit the club and its finances…..people have their own ideas but I think Ally has made a packet and will be very comfortable for the rest of his life….whether we survive or not.

Lets now look at Ally the manager:

He has had a torrid time and has had to work under things none of his predecessors ever had to and that is never easy, being compared with Smith or Advocaat for example, a bit unfair. Managers have to work with what they have and in the past 10yrs Rangers managers have not been exactly cash rich to strengthen and improve again a tough one to criticise.

There are some things that he can certainly be criticised for though, and there is no hiding from them. His ability to ‘spot a player’ is astonishingly bad for someone who played at the highest level and worked under one of the greatest. By this I don’t mean talent spotting, by this I mean looking at a player and seeing what they do well, like finding space, and what they do badly, like closing space. If you can read these signs and see where they fail or do well, you can piece together a team that doesn’t have to be full of expensive signings, especially playing in the lower leagues of Scotland, but you can see and play people who play well together and play to their strengths. This is what managers do when they do not have the funds to buy and improve that way, instead of this Ally tries to make them play a game and a role they are not comfortable with and for the most part why they look slow, lethargic and out of sorts, yes I know they are not the best standard of player, but playing them correctly would make an improvement. What I meant by him not being able to spot a player shows through in some of the stupid signings he has made, he has very very very rarely bought a player to play a role….he just buys players and lets them struggle, lose confidence and regress as far as their Rangers careers goes. But again that doesn’t explain why he plays certain people all the time…Hutton for one….my god the lad looks as if he is running in treacle most of the time…..he of the one square, two back then lump up the park passing rota!!!

Lots of guys have given many good reasons and fair judgements as to why Ally is a pish manager but my one is that he cannot motivate or get his team up for a game, irrespective of the occasion, as seen in our disgraceful cup exits etc last season. For someone who was always ‘the life and souls of the party & a Jack the lad’ he gets nothing out of his players to show that. Even average and poor players would bust a gut for a great motivator and would put in a shift fort the cause if motivated properly. There should be very little motivation required playing for a team like Rangers, yes on a cold December day in Elgin its tough, but it happens every week come rain shine hail or anything….there is never any oomph in the team…..could it be they are disillusioned and flat because of the lack of respect they have? No idea….but they better get their mojo going pretty quick, we don’t have time to fuck about this year and we certainly don’t have time for people in blue not getting motivated and up for the fight…..and that includes the manager and his cronies.

My opinions only....as seen by the debate ...others have different ideas, isn't that the great thing about it though :-)

GSTQ

K8uEMfi.png

Well done Jamie. At least you admit your hate for our manager is greater than your love of our Club. (tu)

Incorrect- I'm actually looking at the bigger picture. A win over Hibs ....or Ally out and a new Manager with new mentality (who is actually a Manager) in.

its a no brainer.

Ally will ruin us and we will never get near its rivals across the city- its so obvious until he is removed. Winning is papering over the cracks. He wont get away with it this season with his pish tactics- The fans are speaking- look at the ST sales

Incorrect- I'm actually looking at the bigger picture. A win over Hibs ....or Ally out and a new Manager with new mentality (who is actually a Manager) in.

its a no brainer.

Ally will ruin us and we will never get near its rivals across the city- its so obvious until he is removed. Winning is papering over the cracks. He wont get away with it this season with his pish tactics- The fans are speaking- look at the ST sales

You must be genuinely concerned that Ally will just keep on winning games week after week until we win the SPL and Champions League, then he may never be stopped from ruining us

That's the Rangers way. Embarrassing.

its a no brainer.

Season ticket sales? There is a bloody boycott on!

Good try at a deflection though. I'd rather Ally won and you went, the football is piss after all, eh?

At least we know he doesn't want us to lose.

Season ticket sales? There is a bloody boycott on!

Good try at a deflection though. I'd rather Ally won and you went, the football is piss after all, eh?

At least we know he doesn't want us to lose.

12,000 boycott aye? :lol: nothing to do with the piss poor football.

If you believe theres a boycott are you slagging the 12,000? 35k sales last year only 23000 now