Ally McCoist - all chat in here

Adoniram

706 members have voted

1. 1. Is Ally the man for the job?

Hmm not best to post it on here really.

Should of posted it in (link) OT or something

Will be jam packed of nappy rippers like tattie mucher McGhee below

PLS MISTER WALLACE!! REMOVE FAT SALLY NOW SHE IS THE WORST (AND ONLY) MANAGER IN SEVCOS HISTORY!! I A NO MA SPELLIN ISNT VERY GOOT OR THAT AM JUST A SEVCONIAN xx

I'm not signing a petition, it's a bit cringe worthy. I've sent a simple letter to the board stating why I think McCoist is not doing the job he needs to and hope that will make some kind of difference but I'm not going to sign a petition to get someone sacked.

I know. People need to take a breath, calm the fuck down and think. Some people are letting their anger run away with them.

50 odd fucking threads since the end of the game, most of which really should be single posts inside another McCoist thread. It's getting like a competition to see who can show themselves to be the most upset.

Fucking Scotzine, indeed.

has there ever been a move to get that re-named as it seems a little strange that a magazine that - on the surface is for all scottish teams - absolutely hates one of them. people who are not from Scotland will very quickly get the news and views on why we are the bad guys with no counter-reasoning. the taigs have played a very good game over the last 3 decades infiltrating these organizations

has there ever been a move to get that re-named as it seems a little strange that a magazine that - on the surface is for all scottish teams - absolutely hates one of them. people who are not from Scotland will very quickly get the news and views on why we are the bad guys with no counter-reasoning. the taigs have played a very good game over the last 3 decades infiltrating these organizations

The mhanks have always been expert propagandists. We've never learned the dark art.

Try googling 'propaganda'.....................................They STARTED IT :ph34r:

The origin of the word? Yes, I know. It's not surprising, is it.

We need to beat them at their own game!

I'm surprised Ally is still there.

I'd have thought he'd have seen the writing on the wall and did the decent thing. Mind you, seeing danger and acting on it isn't his strongpoint.

I hope it's not down to money on his part. Surely he is only hanging in for his pride.

On the boards part, the only reason for not sacking him that makes any sense is they can't afford him.

Ironically the non renewers may be keeping Ally in a job.

Either way this puts us in a really bad position.

If he stays we probably won't get promotion and into the big money, but we may have to sacrifice some of the plan to get rid now.

I'm quite sure Wallace would bin him right now, so I can only surmise he reckons Ally will seek a full pay off.

There are only two likely ways out of this jam.

Negotiate with Ally to reach a workable settlement, but that depends on Ally.

Find the money to sack him. Borrow it from somewhere, anywhere. The savings made will more than cover it. Surely there must be Rangers men who would help out ?

It will be a sizeable amount as I'm sure Allys "pay cut" was more a deferral and he will be due full whack.

It is clear something must be done and I hope the board are busy behind the scenes making it happen. I'm also aware there will be a cost so I would hope (in vain probably) that we don't see an outbreak of mock outrage at the cost.

We all know it has to happen.

He is turning into the George Lucas of Rangers... :dry:

Despite the hatred on here for Ally by many, I feel sorry for him as I think he has given his all as a manager (at a time unprecedented in club history) but has not met the clubs high standards and his time has come to move on. The stress of the last few years would tax any seasoned manager never mind an inexperienced one. (td) Perhaps with a lesser club back to back lower leagues would be better appreciated by fans.

This ... ach well. :(

What is better.....

The pay off for McCoist

or

The increase in ST and ticket sales once he's gone

We would only be guessing. Season tickets/fan numbers may plunge if his removal led to worse performances/manager replacement (look at Dundee Utd - Craig Brewster or Hibernian - Terry Butcher - both at the time hailed as the man to turn the clubs around and failed). Ally may not take this pay off if he decides in Rangers interests. Until the moment it happens only then can we judge.

Trying not to be pessimistic but success is not guaranteed... the current predicament has many potential outcomes - it is however important to make sure the right one is taken. (tu)

He is turning into the George Lucas of Rangers... :dry:

Despite the hatred on here for Ally by many, I feel sorry for him as I think he has given his all as a manager (at a time unprecedented in club history) but has not met the clubs high standards and his time has come to move on. The stress of the last few years would tax any seasoned manager never mind an inexperienced one. (td) Perhaps with a lesser club back to back lower leagues would be better appreciated by fans.

This ... ach well. :(

We're not a lesser club!

We're not a lesser club!

Context! Who said we were - not me... <cr>:dry:

That is exactly my point - Rangers being the biggest club in the league system - by winning these leagues are as many fans on here have pointed out a 'given' (personally I am pleased but not overwhelmed we won them as I know the main goal is the top division title). However had Ally been in charge at another club used to playing fourth tier football such a rise would NOT be a 'given' by their fans.