***The Official Queens Park vs Rangers Match Thread***

was really looking forward to atleast 4 goals last night and thought it was gonna happen when mcleod scored only for it to be chopped off,if offside it must have only been by a baw hair.

from then on the team were very laboured and it was scrappy to say the least,and what really pissed me off was that the food stall in the east stand ran oot of pies BEFORE half time. arrrgh :angry:

was really looking forward to atleast 4 goals last night and thought it was gonna happen when mcleod scored only for it to be chopped off,if offside it must have only been by a baw hair.

from then on the team were very laboured and it was scrappy to say the least,and what really pissed me off was that the food stall in the east stand ran oot of pies BEFORE half time. arrrgh :angry:

I got a cold pie - fucking beelin!!

I thought we deserved a few more goals and that the performance was not too bad. Apart from Simonsen throwing one in, they rarely threatened.

I will be happy if we scrape 2-1 every round including the final

Midweek games especially cup games against poorer opposition have always been scrappy affairs a lot of the time

We've heard this every year under McCoist yet as soon as we play against half decent opposition we get pumped out.

After two good displays we needed to keep it up and we failed to do so again

We've heard this every year under McCoist yet as soon as we play against half decent opposition we get pumped out.

After two good displays we needed to keep it up and we failed to do so again

We actually did have another good display, and won. But apparently someone had his hands in his pockets.

We actually did have another good display, and won. But apparently someone had his hands in his pockets.

You must have been at a different game from me seriously.

After Boyd's chopped off goal when it looked like it would be a rout we certainly didn't have a good display, it was scrappy and Queens Park were never killed off.

You must have been at a different game from me seriously.

After Boyd's chopped off goal when it looked like it would be a rout we certainly didn't have a good display, it was scrappy and Queens Park were never killed off.

It's all about opinions! As I've pointed out earlier in the thread the report in the Scotsman echoes my own take on the game. Perhaps I'm just a glass half-full type, or know more about football, or was sober? (tu)

It's all about opinions! As I've pointed out earlier in the thread the report in the Scotsman echoes my own take on the game. Perhaps I'm just a glass half-full type, or know more about football, or was sober? (tu)

Ah the Scotsman, right that changes everything, my apologies!

From The Scotsman.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/latest/queen-s-park-1-2-rangers-boyd-at-the-double-1-3521581

Which I suppose just goes to show that different people at the same match will have different opinions. The guy from the Scotsman obviously agrees with me. It is also interesting that those who have demanded performance over results are less than happy with a 2-1 win despite a good performance. I repeat Rangers were never in any danger, should have scored more. Simonsen did make a James Hunt of things at their goal, but hey, that's what poor keepers do!

Fixed that for you.

I've just watched the first 30 minutes on RTV (nice and relaxed, knowing the result), and until the equaliser, I was more than happy with our performance.

Having had a quick glance through this thread, I dread to think what the rest of the game's gonna bring. :(

I've just watched the first 30 minutes on RTV (nice and relaxed, knowing the result), and until the equaliser, I was more than happy with our performance.

Having had a quick glance through this thread, I dread to think what the rest of the game's gonna bring. :(

Don't actually watch the game GB, It's better just to castigate the team and manager on the basis of a quick swatch at the score. (tu)

2-1 doesn't look convincing

How did we play?

Did Gallagher get on?

During the early play it looked as if we were going to totally destroy them but after the disallowed second goal which looked onside from where I was sitting, Queens Park seemed to take heart from this and consequently their new found enthusiasm resulted in them starting to win more of the fifty/fifty balls as the game became a more scrappy affair.

However, having won the ball, their forward play lacked the guile to cause us any real damage defensively other than their goal which came from a soft free kick that Simonson came out for and totally missed as the ball seemed to bounce of the head of one of their players and into the net

Although we were still the better team the determination of the Queens Park players in closing us down when we were in possession meant that we were resorting more to the long punt up the park which was being adequately defended by their well marshaled defense.

Although we never looked in any real danger of loosing the match,the Queens Park players deserve applause for their determined attitude which at times we struggled to master until the appearance of Ian Black who introduced a snappy short passing assurance to our midfield play that was lacking in Nicky Law's meandering attempts at maintaining possession.

On the plus side Chris Boyd is up to his old tricks again of scoring goals whilst young Nicky Clark is looking sharp and taking up good positions off the ball alongside him

Although putting in the occasional good cross ball, Peralta was caught in possession far too often which may be down to a lack of match practice and Jig just seemed to be there without contributing anything great creatively.

Defensively we were solid enough with Zaliukas winning nearly all the high balls punted to their stocky wee target man.

Although the game was a wee bit tense at times the reaction from some of the fans around me was disappointing to say the least as they directed abuse towards the manager and some of our players so much so that I thought some of them might have been candidates to use the phone number displayed on the big advertising board located in the left hand corner of the stadium offering advice for anybody feeling suicidal.

FFS we won 2-1.

That net infront of the stand was the main excuse.

I didn't realise that we needed to make excuses when we win.

we scored two, had another one chalked off, and hit the post. Not brilliant, but we progressed in a cup that we have really struggled in over tje the past few years.

Four wins on the bounce, a good few goals scored too. Some half decent football played in parts. My main worry is how easy we are shipping a goal a game.