Our Beloved Ibrox.

WATPRFC1872.

Every time I see our stadium I just feel so proud and in awe. Stadiums these days are all modern and shit but ours just looks classic. You know just looking at it that it has a lot of history around it. I'll never get tired of seeing it appearing out behind all the buildings surrounding it or looking up as I walk around it. Just an amazing stadium.

That's a great print. May be wrong here but it looks more like a painting than a photograph but that's a small point - its a great picture and one to be proud of.

I hope - really do hope - that Ibrox does not become simply a football museum or relic of past glories. Why say that? Becasue between the acts and omissions and rank poor quality stewardship and leadership of Rangers by various recent Boards and by the more recent starving of funds to Rangers by boycotters and those who have deciced not to attend on match days it is not beyond possibility that future football glories may not be possible and we are left with great artwork and great DVDs of past glories. Pictures like this should inspire us for the future and I hope that is the case.

Forgive me, I wasn't sure if it was a photo or painting. I agree about the stadium not becoming a 'simple' stadium, it would be a tragedy. You look at all the stadiums throughout the World and there are some stunning ones out there, but Ibrox does seem to stand out itself. There is no other like our stadium it is unique and a very special. A name change would bother me to be honest but at the end of the day, if it will bring in money to keep our wonderful club afloat so be it.

It is a painting and is called Spirit of Rangers, painted by John M Boyd. Looks like late 50,s very early 60s. I received a print of it as a 60th pressie. Love it as I relate to the time.

Is the blue car not a Type2 Beetle first built in 1967??? Great painting all the same

Every time I see our stadium I just feel so proud and in awe. Stadiums these days are all modern and shit but ours just looks classic. You know just looking at it that it has a lot of history around it. I'll never get tired of seeing it appearing out behind all the buildings surrounding it or looking up as I walk around it. Just an amazing stadium.

Agreed it stands the test of time. As impressive now as it was back in the time that painting is capturing.