What's the story?

legalbeagle

Playing amateurs every week for 2 years was obviously going to bring the standard of play down it's only natural that Rangers players might struggle when facing full time teams in the cups over that period.

Now we are playing full time teams in the league and being tested more the level of play is vastly improving.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a deflected shot got the win.

we are playing well again but it's nothing to shout about and with the squad we have it should be expected that we won last night, by more than one deflected shot i might add.

An argument many have utilised over the last couple years is it's the performance not the result that matters...

Well last night we played well and dominated a team top of the spfl.

An argument many have utilised over the last couple years is it's the performance not the result that matters...

Well last night we played well and dominated a team top of the spfl.

true although we all know they will be lucky to end up top 6, their in decline already if last nights anything to go by. We did dominate but they weren't up to much.

Happy with the effort in the last couple of games and if it continues more regularly and the team do not let their standards drop we may start seeing a few fans returning to watch.

Still nice to wake up in the morning still happy with a good win the night before.

I'm happy :thumbup:

Dominating and winning against a top end SPL team.

Showing good effort and grit when required

A positive team selection.

Picking players who have been in form.

Good substitutions at the right time.

No sly wee negative digs, am genuinely happy and thrilled for the players and Ally.

Well done.

Last night was the first time in I don't know how long that I came home full of pride for my team, just like the old days.

Last night was like the old times except the lack of fans. Friday was the best we have played under McCoist. Last night I thought we were by far the better team even though it was a lot tougher opponents. If Ally had played this style from the start no one would be asking for his head.( unless it was to get rid off his huge wage ).I sit right behind the dug out and I still think he`ll never be a manager with his antics but we have played well and I hope it continues for the rest of the season.

Yes we're all quick to slag off the manager and team when results go against us, we've had two years off pretty poor performances and when it started badly this season many had enough but now things are looking up , I really wish everyone would get behind the team , I know it's expensive to get to every game but hopefully crowds will increase and the team will feel the support behind them.

Well done to the management and team for a great performance .

You obviously don't log on to RM during games. The negativity will be posted 5 minutes after kickoff by the 'usual suspects'.

Previous five games we scored 22 goals and now we beat one of the 'top tier' teams. We're not back yet but perhaps heading in the right direction though in honesty I am far from convinced that Mccoist is the man to take us there.

Falkirk are there for the taking just need to keep a balanced approach.

You are right - I don't tend to log on during games - either there if we are at home or watching the tv.

But there seems to be lots of negative threads created after games as well.

For the first time in over 2 years we have just beaten a top league team, we actually were the better team by some distance against a mob who are joint top of the table.

This has come on the back of a really good performance and result at the weekend and a general upturn in form over the last few weeks.

So the question has to be, where is everyone?

I come on here after a bad result and have a bunch of new threads created, usually about a dozen to slag off the manager and then one for every player who played or didn't play in the game to be told how awful they are.

Why don't we get the reverse after a good result? Even the few threads that do exist are quiet.

Have most of us become so entrenched in disliking everyone employed by the club that we can't give credit out when things go well?

When we have a bad result a whole load of people seem desperate for BP9 and, to a much lesser extent, me to come on here and try and defend players or the manager, they all seem quiet today, and that is really sad.

We have just had a good result, it is admittedly only an early cup round and we have a long way to go, but why aren't people enjoying it for what it is and celebrating the success - we haven't had that many opportunities over the last couple of years to do it!

What a knob you are.Wee were shit last year.Were playing shite this year.Had a good result and wanting to ram it down everyones, piss off . He's still a prick of a man.

Negative is easier. To be fair, most of it has been warranted. But we have been playing well, scoring goals, and finally starting to keep clean sheets.

It's not just one game, this game came off the back of a brilliant performance against the team that beat us last season in a cup final. I'd say we have played more good stuff than bad over the course of this season so far.

But the negativity ( while warranted) sets in and takes hold, it's hard for some to find that positivity again, possibly because they are a pessimistic person in life. positivity is easier for an optimist like myself I guess :lol:

A few more good wins, and another top league scalp or two, and the perma-negative will have to start changing their minds.

I'd also say some of the more vocal negative guys are starting to crack and some praise is sneaking back into their posts :D Long may it continue.

The team and management have to keep giving us reasons to be positive though, we must keep this momentum going.

whit.You on drugs.FFS.