Fans Board Elected

Siam69

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/7676-fans-board-elected

Fans Board Elected

Written by Rangers Football Club

Fans Board Elected

RANGERS Football Club is proud to confirm the inaugural Official Rangers Fans Board has been elected after Club Members voted for 12 candidates to represent their interests and engage directly with key Club staff.

Following an overwhelming response from the fanbase, a number of high-calibre applications were evaluated by an independent Nominations Committee Reverend Stuart MacQuarrie, former Rangers Captain David Weir, international rugby star Alastair Kellock and supporters Tom Mowbray, Mhairi McKenzie, Melville Curry, Ross Hardie and Holly-Jade Johnston and Club Members selected 12 candidates from a shortlist of 38 to form the first Official Rangers Fans Board.

The successful candidates and the supporter category they represent are.

Corporate Fans - Thomas Clements

Disabled Fans - William Paterson

Ethnic Minorities - Zia Islam

Families - Christine Murdoch

Glasgow/Govan Area - William Gillan

Away Games - Alan Harris

Female Fans - Alison Clark-Dick

Match Ticket Purchasers - Robert Callaghan

Overseas Fans - Gary Gillan

Official Members - Tom Johnstone

Season Ticket Holders - Alan Fraser

Under 18 - William Findlay

The 12 members will now arrange their first meeting and elect a chairman, vice chairman and secretary. As a Fans Board member each individual will have a responsibility to liaise with supporters from the Group they represent and ensure they best serve their interests at meetings with the Club.

Following their initial meeting, the 12 elected members will have a public profile on the official Rangers website.

They will be clearly identified as Members of the Rangers Fans Board and will be contactable by the wider fanbase via email to allow them to obtain feedback and questions from the group they represent.

They will also provide those fans with updates after all meetings.

The Official Fans Board will meet a minimum of 4 times each season and further meetings will be held between Club executives and the Fans Board throughout 2014/15.

The Official Fans Board has been created to benefit all Rangers supporters and will provide a platform for fans to communicate directly with key Club staff in a structured manner

It will also give the Club greater insight into the topics and issues that most affect and concern the wider Rangers fanbase and allow supporters to better understand the Clubs decision-making process on key issues.

Supporters have the chance to play a crucial role in helping the Club achieve success on and off the pitch and the creation of this democratically-elected Official Fans Board is an important step in the Clubs Ready to Listen fan engagement strategy.

Rangers Chief Executive Graham Wallace commented: I would like to thank all the Club Members who took the time to participate in this process and the independent Nominations Committee for selecting candidates for election to the Official Rangers Fans Board.

Supporters have a vital role to play in helping Rangers achieve success on and off the pitch and the introduction of the Official Fans Board will provide the platform for more structured dialogue as well as providing the Club with a better understanding of the issues and concerns of the fanbase.

The Nominations Committee evaluated a number of high-calibre applications from Club Members and it is supporters themselves who have voted for the 12 candidates they best feel will represent their interests.

This process underlines our commitment to improving communications and engagement with our supporters and is another tangible step forwards in our bid to strengthen and improving communications with our global fanbase.

Full details on the Official Fans Board can be found here.

Delighted for Zia Islam used to be my family GP and a good bluenose, sons are pals with his son. Can't believe billy the grass got elected, will be nothing but a disruptive influence looking for the crimes that never existed and telling his rhebel record pals all about it.

Fuck me the polis and daily rhebel will be kept busy

What a fucking laughing stock this RFC exec board are, clowns to a man

We will now be able to read the minutes of the meetings in the Daily Record.

Fuck democracy and fuck the polis snitch

I'm glad arch-Dingwall critic Alan Harris got in, while the Uof, the Daily Record and ǝpɐbıɹq uǝǝɹb ǝɥʇ will be delighted Paterson the grass got in.

pramthrow.gif

pramthrow.gif

pramthrow.gif

pramthrow.gif

Glad my pal Gary Gillan got elected, and believe me Gary will not suffer fools gladly any leaks from any member of this group and they should be removed post haste. Just really happy the Lackey's of Lawwell seem to have been shut out. Expecting a release from them around 10 pm tomorrow blasting the fans board.

Glad my pal Gary Gillan got elected, and believe me Gary will not suffer fools gladly any leaks from any member of this group and they should be removed post haste. Just really happy the Lackey's of Lawwell seem to have been shut out. Expecting a release from them around 10 pm tomorrow blasting the fans board.

Out of interest how did he deal with the RFFF committee after their attack on the NARSA Executive?