Ricksen Tribute Match 25th Jan

greg_1987

Well done Bears , excellent turn out today . For a change football took a back seat to showing support to one of our own.

Really saddened watching the big screens on Fernando's happier times with us and it really brought home what a horrible illness this really is. I hope today gave him a slight relief from all that .

Was incredible to see so many fans and so many ex players come and create a memorable day, not just for Fernando Ricksen, but for everyone in the Rangers family. It was also fantastic to see so many names come and play, even with no real connection to Rangers, to make the day of a club icon.

I was working today in Cumbernauld and decided to take my laptop and watch the game. Bought the game as a one-off and was proud of everything I witnessed.

Everything was well and truly put into perspective, and it breaks my heart to see someone I grew up watching in such a way, but it makes me even more proud of the fans who showed up to make it a special day, and to the organisers and players who were able to make it happen. Well done to everyone who attended and made me feel like I was watching the Rangers that I remember.

Once again we proved to be The People. (tu)

was unsure about going all week then decided to this morning normally don't like friendly matches but this is different, glad I did exceptional turnout by the Bears to support Ricksen, so sad to see someone whose body is just giving up on him. Ok just a kickabout between a bunch of old men but great to see some of the heroes of days past returning home. keep on fighting Fernando we are all behind you

Loved the feeling of being a Ranger today. So proud. Can't help but reflect on how polarised we have become and wonder if it's been at all worth it. Surely with today in mind we could all take a fresh perspective and collectively do whatever is right by the club.

Really emotional day. Horrible to see Fernando so frail, yet inspiring to see him show so much fight. But then, we all know how much fight he's got so it's not that surprising. I hope he keeps fighting bravely.

No Surrender, Fernando. We're all behind you.

Sore to see how crippled he seems by it already.

Loved the feeling of being a Ranger today. So proud. Can't help but reflect on how polarised we have become and wonder if it's been at all worth it. Surely with today in mind we could all take a fresh perspective and collectively do whatever is right by the club.

Maybe its karma and it takes something like today to get the club onward and upward