Ricksen Tribute Match 25th Jan

greg_1987

Never cried so hard in my life today. Seeing that man I grew up watching who fought for every ball and gave it everything struggle to walk was overwhelming. It really struck a cord and took me way back to my first Rangers game with my Dad and I took a picture of Ricksen taking a throw in that day, it meant a lot to me and players like that knew what it was like to play for us.

Will never ever forget his face today.

On the bright side some of the football on display today was really good. My idol Stefan Klos was amazing to watch. Wouldnt mind Gattuso and Ferguson in the middle for next Sunday as well.

One Fernando Ricksen

A very special and emotional day and thanks to the generosity of an RM member my son and i were able to be part of it.

Really hearbreaking to see the effect of this horrible disease on Fernando. I'm glad he got to see how much he meant to the Rangers family.

Can't believe I did that :rolleyes: , good goal though, very fitting for the occasion.

He's forever young Sheringham. Hardly changed.

You are right bud it was a classy finish on a day when a whole lot of class was on show.

Will always admire Fernando for how he is dealing with this. Showing more bravery, strength and character than what I expect most could

A great turn out for a great guy. No Surrender Ricksen .

sat with my 27 year old son reminisced about all the great players that were on the park and games we both have been to since he was 5. It was good to be a bear again then seeing Ricksen being carried round Ibrox nearly broke my heart. You have been part of the Rangers Family and will never be forgotten. Thank you for playing your part.

Couldn't have been more proud to be a bluenose today just shows what our club is and always will be.

Shame it has been missing recently, and that the players there at present should take note of the passion and affiliation the legends have with the fans.

Fernando Ricksen was involved in my best day and my worst day. Best day, helicopter Sunday, worst day, UEFA cup final Manchester. But once a Ranger always a Ranger. I love Rangers and I love Fernando. We are with you every step of the way.

Today was tragic, yet overwhelming.

I walked out of ibrox stadium with a different perspective in life, something only those that experienced the disaster and paid tribute to those that lost their lives can only possibly feel.

Keep up the fight fernando, the rangers family love you

I've got to confess that (to my shame) I'm usually the first person to be cynical about such events.

Today it was impossible to be cynical. Only decided to go this morning and so glad I did. Great effort from all the players and the support. A worthy financial cause and an opportunity to make Fernando and his family feel our support and compassion.

From a human point of view it really does make you feel blessed to be in good health. If it can happen to Fernando it could happen to any one of us.

From a football point of view it completely affirms why we all support Rangers. I don't mind admitting that there's been times lately when I've been completely sick of it all. Today it felt like the Rangers we all know and love.

The DeBoers share a twitter account?!

Yeah, when Ronald tweets he puts an R first and obviously F when it's Frank. Definitely seems to be their own twitter page because even other players from the game today are using that twitter address. You know the occasion was something when a player like De Boer says he had goosebumps. Still can't stop thinking about the game and Fernando.

I never made it today but well done for all who went and showed Fernando that we all have him in our hearts.

So tragic at 38 and it brings home on how lucky we are just living our daily life's.

Well put. Our daily turmoils are nothing compared to Fernando's, yet he still gives 100%. A great day for a fantastic man.

Today was tragic, yet overwhelming.

I walked out of ibrox stadium with a different perspective in life, something only those that experienced the disaster and paid tribute to those that lost their lives can only possibly feel.

Keep up the fight fernando, the rangers family love you

Absolutely this mate, cheers. Feel like this is what id have liked to say but couldn't find the words.

Been pondering for the last 10 or so minutes trying to decide what I'm going to post,but what can you really say about yesterday.I think the one thing I can take away from it all is that I don't think I've ever been more proud to be a part of the incredible support that our club has,we all came together and united for Fernando,god love him.