Sky Sources: McCoist Tenders Resignation

Where are people getting this 12 months notice from?

Richard wilson BBC, Peter Martin (yes I know...) on Talksport. It's a 12 month rolling contract and he appears to have formally asked that it doesn't renew therefore he has one year to work unless the come to an arrangement

From BBC

"But, as it stands, he will be in charge for Friday evening's Scottish Championship fixture against Queen of the South - until told otherwise.

The 52-year-old has a 12-month rolling contract with the Glasgow club, who are refusing to comment at present.

So either the club pays his salary up in full, comes to a settlement, or keep him in place for the next 12 months."

Sounds like McCoist has told the board, "Sack me or back me!". This aint over yet.

Richard wilson BBC, Peter Martin (yes I know...) on Talksport. It's a 12 month rolling contract and he appears to have formally asked that it doesn't renew therefore he has one year to work unless the come to an arrangement

Pfft I'll wait until SSN say more.

The way I'm looking at is Ally has offered his resignation today and that has took the board by surprise hence the no official comment from the club.I doubt he'll be in charge tonight tbh if he his however I fully expect it to be his last.Though I could be wrong.

He has done what is is contractually obliged to do, timing ain't the best.

Leaves the board with a conundrum, leave him in charge, put him on gardening leave, or come to a deal financially.

I will reserve judgement until the dust settles, but on first look he doesn't appear to have the interests of the club as a number one concern.

Best of luck Ally you may have been the wrong man for the job,but you didnt deserve some of the critisisims thrown your way by a minortity of the support.Bloody disgracefull and totaly disrespectfull.

He deserved every bit of criticism he got

What he did not deserve was the personal abuse which is a different matter all together