Sky Sources: McCoist Tenders Resignation

keith jackson@tedermeatballs 2m2 minutes ago

Was working on this story until midnight last night. There was too much misinformation to be certain of the truth. Not much has changed.

Jesus.

We just roll from one clusterfuck to another.

Why is it like this at this football club? we are a bloody joke.

Will folk dry their eyes FFS!! Ally is going nowhere!!

An absolute masterstroke...pulled the boards bluff knowing full well they cannot afford to sack him...makes the gullible think he is 'honorable'.. absolutely bullet proof until the end of his contract...

You can slag him for his coaching ability and style of management but he is an absolute genius and pulling the wool over folks eyes as well as looking after his pockets.

Full renditions of 'Super Ally' tonight and will galvanize a win. All will be forgotten until a couple of weeks when we inevitable lose more points. Genius.

The way I see it is hes offered his resignation, meaning no pay off, and thats that. The board will hopefully give us comments later that it will have been accepted.

The fact that this was done today I think means he will see out the remainder of this day "game tonight" professionally while the board ponder their response to the media and the way forward.

I dont expect him to be in the dugout next week nor do i expect him to demand a pay off for remainder of the contract.

I can see where the "at the end of the 12 months" is coming from but again its just a theory like my own untill we can get confirmation.

Hoping the 12 months thing is tarrier talk as this will make allys position even more difficult and have an even more negative impact on the team, their current lack of motivation and focus.

Equally a bigger backlash from the fans so I hope its not true and hes away this week, this will be better for everyone as he will leave with respect.

An absolute masterstroke...pulled the boards bluff knowing full well they cannot afford to sack him...makes the gullible think he is 'honorable'.. absolutely bullet proof until the end of his contract...

You can slag him for his coaching ability and style of management but he is an absolute genius and pulling the wool over folks eyes as well as looking after his pockets.

Full renditions of 'Super Ally' tonight and will galvanize a win. All will be forgotten until a couple of weeks when we inevitable lose more points. Genius.

Not going to lie the thought did cross my mind.

The support and players all showing vital support for

tonight in a crucial away game.

Super Ally chants making the board think we want him to stay is my worst nightmare tbh.

Unless of course the board say they have accepted his resignation but due to being unable to afford the pay off the manager demands he will remain in place for 12 months.

That would then turn the tables on Ally so to speak with him then painted as the enemy.

You will probably find the reason he is managing tonights game is so he can say farewell to the fans also this has just been posted on the dailyrebel

BREAKING

Ally McCoist was not on the Rangers team bus when it left Murray Park for Palmerston this afternoon. Other members of the backroom team were, but there was no sign of the manager.

Regardless of what's happened, he needs to give his post and pre match intervirew tonight, lets hear what he's got to say. He may dodge it and give it one of those ''I'm not talking about an ongoing issue within the club'' blah blah blah. But we should wait until the dust is settled.

I'm amazed at how much of a fucking mess Rangers can create when doing anything these days. Clusterfuck of misinformation. Clear heads needed.

Hope I'm wrong,but that's my reading of the situation,board won't accept his resignation cause they would need to pay 2 managers

Wages,ally's and the new boss

if he walks away after tonights game WITHOUT pay then i will thank him for doing the right thing...although a bit later than some would've liked. he was a great rangers player but just not a manager. as shite as he is as a manager...he stood by us during admin. he could've easily fucked off but i'd like to think at that time he wasn't staying for money. we were in admin fuck sake. we didn't even know if we'd have a club.

until we get the full story i'm not gonna thank him or anything. this could really harm the club. we don't know if he has the clubs best interest at heart.

yet tonight we will no doubt hear super ally being sung. i would sing but again...don't know the full story.

nothing at this club is simple anymore. we are a joke.