To everyone ignoring this point

legalbeagle

If reports are true, Ally has handed in his notice and there has been no response whatsoever from his bosses.

So, firstly, the next time you want to say 'just leave Ally' - in that circumstance he cannot just not turn up for work in the morning he would be in breach of contract.

Secondly, whatever you think of him, would you expect a response from you manager if you handed in your notice?

This should not be in the public arena until it has been sorted, so whoever has released it is 100% wrong, but the club MUST respond, it is an utter embarrassment that this is still up in the air. Even if they can't negotiate with him yet, they should tell him to stay away until they call him in for a private meeting to discuss his letter/contract. Are some of you so blinded by disliking Ally that you can't see the shambles of how we are dealing with this?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How do we know that there hasn't been dialogue between the club & Ally since Friday? They may not have made a decision, but they may well have been in contact. 'If reports are true' is such a well worn phrase. Basically means, no one knows.

Also, any decision would need to be made via the stock exchange, would it not?

With regards to no response from his bosses...There is not really much they can do. Ally has handed in his Notice. He will be leaving in just under a years time. The board can't say no to that. All they can do is either let him stay on as is, put him on gardening leave, or pay him a settlement which Ally knows they can't do. If Ally walked in and said i will wave any settlement, he'd be gone there and then. He's put the ball in their court knowing full well they can't return it.

How do we know that there hasn't been dialogue between the club & Ally since Friday? They may not have made a decision, but they may well have been in contact. 'If reports are true' is such a well worn phrase. Basically means, no one knows.

Also, any decision would need to be made via the stock exchange, would it not?

Hard to know, he was a key employee whose salary had to be revealed one year in the accounts when they wanted to pressure him into a cut, but apparently no longer, strange. But telling him not to come in tomorrow would not require any announcement.

It is my opinion Ally or his advisors released the information, by all means lb stick up for Ally he is a Rangers legend but it is Ally that has started this by being shit and overpaid as a manager but never ever taking the blame for anything that goes wrong

He should just walk away though, the notice is final unless he changes his mind but I agree that we should have had a response.

The boardroom shenanigans are on a par with his managerial skills.

He's harped on long enough about the fans being the life and soul of the club so why stress us out more by looking for massive payoffs for what has been a massive failure of a reign.

It is my opinion Ally or his advisors released the information, by all means lb stick up for Ally he is a Rangers legend but it is Ally that has started this by being shit and overpaid as a manager but never ever taking the blame for anything that goes wrong

Not sure how he benefits from the story being out, I can see how the club could use it to put pressure on him regarding money, much like the story last weekend about Easdale wanting him out but us not being able to afford it.

But, if it came from Ally then I think it is wrong as well.

Last time I resigned the manager was away on a business trip. I had to wait two days. Somebody decides they are leaving then that's it. Ally always seems to have made out he has had a great relationship with all relevant members of the Boards including Sandy Easdale.Not a lot they can do apart from negotiate his settlement.

What if they made 30 people redundant to finance Allys terms? How would Ally feel about that I wonder?

Last time I resigned the manager was away on a business trip. I had to wait two days. Somebody decides they are leaving then that's it. Ally always seems to have made out he has had a great relationship with all relevant members of the Boards including Sandy Easdale.Not a lot they can do apart from negotiate his settlement.

What if they made 30 people redundant to finance Allys terms? How would Ally feel about that I wonder?

Did you come in on those two days?

Hard to know, he was a key employee whose salary had to be revealed one year in the accounts when they wanted to pressure him into a cut, but apparently no longer, strange. But telling him not to come in tomorrow would not require any announcement.

That was kind of my point though....they may well have said to him personally, and either side have not made an announcement.

We know there is a meeting due on Wednesday, so he must have been informed of that 'decision' before it was announced.

That was kind of my point though....they may well have said to him personally, and either side have not made an announcement.

We know there is a meeting due on Wednesday, so he must have been informed of that 'decision' before it was announced.

Certainly would hope so. I'll try to give them the benefit of the doubt if we can find a few that will do Ally the same courtesy.

Not sure how he benefits from the story being out, I can see how the club could use it to put pressure on him regarding money, much like the story last weekend about Easdale wanting him out but us not being able to afford it.

But, if it came from Ally then I think it is wrong as well.

Tbh it benefits no one, I am basing it on various stories about Ally's other side and Charlie miller's column Ally could have engineered this. He knows how the media works, just like his mentor.

If reports are true, Ally has handed in his notice and there has been no response whatsoever from his bosses.

So, firstly, the next time you want to say 'just leave Ally' - in that circumstance he cannot just not turn up for work in the morning he would be in breach of contract.

Secondly, whatever you think of him, would you expect a response from you manager if you handed in your notice?

This should not be in the public arena until it has been sorted, so whoever has released it is 100% wrong, but the club MUST respond, it is an utter embarrassment that this is still up in the air. Even if they can't negotiate with him yet, they should tell him to stay away until they call him in for a private meeting to discuss his letter/contract. Are some of you so blinded by disliking Ally that you can't see the shambles of how we are dealing with this?

You are rabbiting on about something you have absolutely no idea about. Do you want others to join in and making massive assumptions and apportion blame when we don't really know what is going on? Is that what you want?

Should we start all our posts with "What if"?

You are rabbiting on about something you have absolutely no idea about. Do you want others to join in and making massive assumptions and apportion blame when we don't really know what is going on? Is that what you want?

To be fair CA it is a forum, it is about discussion and what if scenarios.

"if reports are to believed"?

He is also a "key employee" who wanted to lie to the fans about the size of his salary.

Dunno, who was it?

Nobody seems to know the source at present but as it didn't come from the club, my money is someone from Ally's camp. I suspect it is some sort of reaction to something Ally has been made aware of that is coming his way but I just wish he would leave without taking a further penny as otherwise his reputation will be tarnished forever in my old eyes and, I believe, many others.

So we can just write what we want then and disregard any semblance of truth of evidence?

No thanks mate.

The post wasn't about ' I have evidence' it was about conjecture. Still fair do's to you but tbh I wouldnt have responded in the thread if it held no interest to me.

Most posts on here do start with, contain or assume a 'what if' position - and then fmk discuss it as fact - a bit like all this 'discussion' about Ally!

My assumption is that he has handed in his notice, because it has not been confirmed. Given that it is the topic of most of the forum, I don't feel it is a stretch to comment on it.