McCoist stays

derekweir29

A ridiculous outcome. There is no credibility left for Ally or for the Board. Thye've used it all up. Running (staggering more like) on empty as far as trust goes. Just incredible.

They appear to think they are beyond or above Rangers. That somehow Rangers is their plaything and the Support merely incidental to the scenes they wish to play out week in and week out at our Club. It appears high-handed and utterly dismissive of the Support. It's not good enough and I simply cannot believe they do not know this. Which makes it all the more ridiculous.

I support Rangers so I will be at Ibrox on Saturday. I'm not there to support a greedy Manager who has failed in my book, and who has lost all honour. i'm not there to support a Board which lacks credible and effective leadership. I'm there to support Rangers. If the team plays badly as it has done all too often this season I will still suppor them. And if they play well and win then the that would be good. Why am I doing that? Well I've stood at Ibrox decades ago in very thin crowds and watched some poor games. I'd hoped never to see that again but here we are. Bottom line is - its about Rangers and I while I'm very angry and even more concerned about how all of this will end for Rangers I still want to support my team. If people read that as supporting McCoist or the Board then read away but they'd be wrong.

The only other thing I can think of that might have framed the way this has had to be handled by the Board is that Ashley and the Board are resigned to the increasing probability of another year in the Championship - McCoist and the team would be blamed and the clearout starts at the end of the season and all planning / cuts and so forth are aimed at positioning the club for another season and build from there. Or perhaps worse Ashley has seen the writing on the wall and intends to vacate the scene, recover what he can of his loans and leave the mess for someone else to fix.

Yep BUT above all I am pig sick trying to defend our Club when just about everyday there is more to be embarrassed about

The indefensible is now here

And the events over the last few days (mccoist,SFa charges and claims for money)have really done it for me

Very very depressed about the whole situation and I believe most feel the same

McCoist is taking the piss and is no longer a supporter of RFC-dangerous man playing stupid games

I don't have a good feeling about Saturday's result. The players know Ally doesn't want to be there, I think he has lost or is now losing the dressing room. Where was the reaction from the players against QotS when he handed in his resignation? I don't think they are pulling for him because they believe he is halfway out the door.

With Llambias being there today, I suspect/hope this is a matter of reporting back to MA and progressing this further.

You mean the board want to use Ally to deflect from their own ineptitude? Nah. Can't believe that

dont give us that shite. The manager is a key role in any club. Mccoist is failing to get us promoted. How specifically is that the boards fault?? I challenge u.

dont give us that shite. The manager is a key role in any club. Mccoist is failing to get us promoted. How specifically is that the boards fault?? I challenge u.

Where have I said, in ANY of the posts I've made in the subject said it's the boards fault? If the board wanted rid they could have terminated his deal with immediate effect citing poor results as the cause. (as is allowed in Ally's deal) instead they have chose not to and, imo, are using the situation to give them an easier ride at the AGM next week when, as long as Ally remains in post, he will be the main target for supporters & shareholders displeasure

Don't give up!

nearly 3 years if constant bombardment is taking its toll on everyone

I genuinely though this mess would have been sorted out in the summer so thing were in place for our return to spl and we were settled

I thought king would have got in and steadied the ship and we would have been on our way

But we are still stumbling from week to week with a pair of idiot brothers running things and a fat billionaire using us as some sort of half arsed hobby that he is still trying to decide if he likes

Not to mention the state of the team

We are in a mess

The poor attendances have done nothing to help us get rid of McCoist. I'm well aware that McCoist is a problem. I just disagree that not attending is going to force him out. All it would achieve is the potential death of the club. Going to the games and supporting the club is absolutely necessary at this time just for Rangers to keep going. I'd rather Rangers still alive with McCoist clinging on, playing turgid, poor football to no Rangers at all.

An Ibrox full to the rafters with the majority of the crowd voicing their desire for Ally to leave would do far, far more than an Ibrox 3/4 empty with the atmosphere of a morgue in terms of letting Ally know he has to leave for the sake of the football club.

So you're happier to see a full Ibrox giving our all time top scorer abuse to make a few quid through the turnstiles. I prefer my idea of a new manager putting thousands on the gate and Ally walking away with some dignity because I watched with Greigy and it ain't gonnae be nice

I am totally gobsmacked by the news. I will let it sink in before I comment.

It would appear that every other football supporter in Scotland, apart from us, is elated at the news that McCoist is staying. Why should that be?

I'm away to kick the cat.

My take on this is that Ashley had his right hand man speak with Ally to see if he was weak enough to go on a reduced fee. Ally stuck his heels in and nobody within the meeting had the clout to make a final decision.

If Ashley wants the fans on his side, and this is what he has said he wants, then he need to sort this ASAP. That said, I wonder if the SFA investigation has slowed him down.

What if the only stumbling block is Ally not signing a confidentiality clause, and is nothing to do with money, Maybe Ally wants the fans to know what's been going on, so signing one is out of the question for him. He cant just leave as he would be taken to court by the board for breach of contract. Not sure,am just guessing, but I think my guess is closer to the truth than those who think its all about money.Anyone see any flaws in this theory?

I am totally gobsmacked by the news. I will let it sink in before I comment.

It would appear that every other football supporter in Scotland, apart from us, is elated at the news that McCoist is staying. Why should that be?

I'm away to kick the cat.

A few oddballs on here can't hide their glee.

I think we're all deflated because above all else we're desperate for something, indeed anything to be positive about.

Tonight was to be about looking forward to an improvement in the results, performances and most of all a change in footballing philosophy. We don't have that, instead we have to watch yet more shite on the park along with dealing with all the shite off the park.

I do still believe he will be gone soon, there's a lot of posturing to be done yet. If the money is not forthcoming then I like others worry about Ashley's intentions because today's decision suits only one person.

We are done

We are not rangers anymore

We are an embarrassing average run of the mill shitey team now

It will take a miracle to get us back to the top of Scottish football in the next few years

We are looking at a further decade of mediocrity unless someone significant steps in

Ban this Cunt.

I must admit i`m struggling to muster the willpower to go to the game on Sat,something i thought would not be possible.But Ally is making it so hard to Follow Follow.

I will make up my mind on Saturday Morning whether to go or go have a few beers in the afternoon instead.

Please Ally do the decent thing just go.

If I'm being honest I doubt I'll be there on Saturday now...it's a struggle as it is to go and watch the product on the park but the fact Ally will still be in charge is a scandal!

Come Saturday I'll no doubt fall into the old routine of going but it's becoming all the more difficult! I hope to fuck nobody starts a Super Ally chant!

I've paid my money for my season ticket so it's my choice whether I bother on Saturday or not.

What if the only stumbling block is Ally not signing a confidentiality clause, and is nothing to do with money, Maybe Ally wants the fans to know what's been going on, so signing one is out of the question for him. He cant just leave as he would be taken to court by the board for breach of contract. Not sure,am just guessing, but I think my guess is closer to the truth than those who think its all about money.Anyone see any flaws in this theory?

Matbe he sees it as another way to make a few more bucks selling his story to the Rhebel.So won`t sign.

It's gotten to all of us, but the lesson we should take from this is that the only people we can rely on to have the best interest of Rangers are the everyday fans themselves. Not King, not McCoist, or anyone else. We'll always have our moments of failure, but it's the Rangers way to brave the dark times and keep going. Like I've said, we need to fuck off the self-appointed representatives and the many fan groups and come together as one movement. No-one really gives a fuck about Rangers besides the likes of us - we're all hurting but this can't be it.

it's gonna take something huge to galvanise all the fans into one voice so to speak

Chuck managed it with some sound bites at the start of div 3 feedin off our defiant attitude

But all that has long gone

Some thing needs to happen between now and the summer or ibrox will be 3/4 empty in the spl as well. Look at the cup games this season v spl sides, the place has been empty

Most have lost their fight

Something big needs to happen but we have no one to provide it

Thought about this since I got in from work. Really pissed off with the situation. I want McCoist out and I want a board that's fucking capable, am I asking for that much? Really?

As for the future, I've read a lot of opinions on here and I agree with a few, I really think we need to support the team. Full ibrox and behind the players (tu)

However, this Saturday.... I really think we should stay away, let McCoist know he's not wanted, let the board know we're fed up with their inaction and constant mismanagement. After this Saturday, get back behind the team, whoever the manager, whoever the board.

If the AGM doesn't see a motion passed to allow a new share issue then our only hope is that McCoist foregoes his payoff and leaves. If not, we might have to put up with a deterioration in form that could see us finish this season outside the top two.

it's gonna take something huge to galvanise all the fans into one voice so to speak

Chuck managed it with some sound bites at the start of div 3 feedin off our defiant attitude

But all that has long gone

Some thing needs to happen between now and the summer or ibrox will be 3/4 empty in the spl as well. Look at the cup games this season v spl sides, the place has been empty

Most have lost their fight

Something big needs to happen but we have no one to provide it

We won't be in the SPL mate we have 12 players out of contract and a lame duck manager. Where's the motivation? We're playing shite as it is and this latest development hasn't helped.