Sign in to follow this  
derekweir29

McCoist stays

Where have I said, in ANY of the posts I've made in the subject said it's the boards fault? If the board wanted rid they could have terminated his deal with immediate effect citing poor results as the cause. (as is allowed in Ally's deal) instead they have chose not to and, imo, are using the situation to give them an easier ride at the AGM next week when, as long as Ally remains in post, he will be the main target for supporters & shareholders displeasure

are u saying u have seen his contract and the board can terminate it without paying compensayshun?

are u saying u have seen his contract and the board can terminate it without paying compensayshun?

He's no sayshun anything of the sort

Sorry but a confidentiality clause is not a reason. He is guaranteed his money if he stays. He is guaranteed his money if the Board pay him off. If he has not signed a confidentiality clause at the beginning of his contract he can say what he wants now without fear of reprisal if it is the truth.

The only reason a confidentiality clause could be applicable is if Ally wants even more money to sign one. Kerching!!

Think I understand what your saying,its been a long day.

Possible scenario

The Board have told Ally we cant afford to pay you off

Ally says o.k. I understand 250k and I'll get on my way.

There is no confidentiality clause in current contract.

1. Do you think that would be reasonable of Ally

2. Do you think the Board would find it a reasonable settlement.

I always try to use common sense to life's problems, but our club can really f**k up that way of thinking :D anyway hope we are both right this time. (tu)

Pleeeeease!

(tu)

• Like 1

Possible scenario

to be 12 points behind hearts before Xmas in the scottish championship, and a list of abject cup failure as long as your arm, the cunt doesn't deserve £2.50 never mind a QUARTER of a MILLION pounds

Possible scenario

If that's good enough to do the business, I'd settle for that.

Personally, I'd call his bluff & sack him.

If some of the tales of briefing/acting against the board are true (the passing his voting rights on is verifiable), there might be cause for some misconduct claim to really water down any claim.

As much as I've criticised McCoist is recent weeks and thought he was in it for himself, deep down I didn't and didn't want to believe he actually was in it for himself.

I can see absolutely no defence for him, or the board before anyone starts, that can say Ally has done the right thing here.

Well so much for doing the right thing and leaving for free.

I'm absolutely disgusted, but not even a little bit surprised.

Well so much for doing the right thing and leaving for free.

I'm absolutely disgusted, but not even a little bit surprised.

This.

There are many words I have for McCoist, and they're only being reserved on here because of the rule against abusing 'Rangers men'

ok so it is just another chance to pop at the board while ignore how we are getting it tight off our supposed hero.

Woooosh

• Like 1

Well why won't so called billionaire saviour Mike pay it out then?

Perhaps King, the Minted Saviour, is willing to invest 750k to get ally out? :rolleyes:

I think you are concentrating on the wrong person here.. Our Legend could learn a thing or two from a certain French man..

I genuinely believe he thinks he's doing the right thing for the club, I don't think he has a bad bone in his body when it comes to Rangers.

I'm trying to see it from his point of view, apparently he resigned as he felt there was more focus being placed on the mess on the park as opposed to the mess off it. My response to that is - That's where trophies are fucking won, not in the boardroom, you've been backed, get the fuck on with it!.

I think he's been really badly advised, we have all these ex Rangers in the media sticking up for him, if you think they haven't spoke beforehand ,you're fucking mental. Cunts like Bomber bending your ear, Dave King has no doubt been in touch as well.

I think he lives in a wee bubble with a bunch of like minded people who think he's being hard done by.

This stance against the board isn't about money in my opinion, it's to get an uproar and draw attention to the boardroom, the major flaw is that folk are that pissed off with the state we are in on the park that no-one backs him and just wants him gone.

No-one in his circle is prepared to burst his bubble.

Maybe so. It's refreshing at least to hear someone think about it rather than autopilot to McCoist's a cunt.

He may well be a cunt, but I just can't see it either. Something else is going through his head.

The board and the manager are both out of touch with the fans. It is the right time for change...yet we will still be stuck with both.

Maybe so. It's refreshing at least to hear someone think about it rather than autopilot to McCoist's a cunt.

He may well be a cunt, but I just can't see it either. Something else is going through his head.

Yep, good post BB even though I dont sgree with all of it

This is now like a game of poker and we have to wait to see who blinks first? Today's outcome is totally unsatisfactory. I'm not judging anyone but the last thing we needed was the status quo. Next weeks agm should be interesting, I think. wonder if Ally will be there

There remains a simple fact here, which is that we don't know what went on in that room. There are a number of assumptions being made - on different sides , some will jump to 'he is holding out for cash' others 'they want to keep him in an awkward place until after Monday', the reality is that we don't know, and some of the assertions are said with far too much confidence.

Ps: for the sake of the club, the fans and the players, the situation is ridiculous and utterly embarrassing.

• Like 1

I genuinely believe he thinks he's doing the right thing for the club, I don't think he has a bad bone in his body when it comes to Rangers.

I'm trying to see it from his point of view, apparently he resigned as he felt there was more focus being placed on the mess on the park as opposed to the mess off it. My response to that is - That's where trophies are fucking won, not in the boardroom, you've been backed, get the fuck on with it!.

I think he's been really badly advised, we have all these ex Rangers in the media sticking up for him, if you think they haven't spoke beforehand ,you're fucking mental. Cunts like Bomber bending your ear, Dave King has no doubt been in touch as well.

I think he lives in a wee bubble with a bunch of like minded people who think he's being hard done by.

This stance against the board isn't about money in my opinion, it's to get an uproar and draw attention to the boardroom, the major flaw is that folk are that pissed off with the state we are in on the park that no-one backs him and just wants him gone.

No-one in his circle is prepared to burst his bubble.

Houston (I know I know) was on SSN saying, to his understanding, McCoist handed his resignation in due to when he took his pay cut it was on the understanding no job losses would occur. Hence, job losses he's out.

I just don't know. I think he's become embroiled in a war against the board due to his gripes with the current boardroom and past. Whatever you say it can't be easy working in that environment, consistently every Friday for years being asked questions about a shambles of a boardroom which he has nothing to do with. He can't come on here and blow off steam or in public. I feel he's broken, due to the stress put on him from above.

That in noway defends in what my opinion has been equally as poor management by him.

But he doesn't hate Rangers, he doesn't aim to specifically harm us. I just don't believe that.

well when Ally asks for his Transfer budget can we say "you're getting fuck all as we have to pay you first!". That would be justice.