McCoist stays

derekweir29

The only other thing I can think of is that the board refuse to let him leave unless he signs a confidentiality clause.

If they demanded this, and he insisted he would not sign it, their only option is to keep him employed. If he tried to leave, even for nothing, they could sue him for breach of contract.

So for everyone saying that Ashley is going to sort everything out and that he is only involved to make Rangers a success on the park, you still hold this line?

If this was the case, should he not have fronted the money to allow the biggest problem to our onfield performance be removed and instead put in someone who may possibly take us up to the top division?

This development leaves me more worried about our near future than anything I have seen in the last few years.

Anyone interested in seeing us promoted would have surely loaned us the cash to be able to get rid of him.

I think there is a good chance we are fecked. My only hope is something might be announced at the AGM to take the heat off the board. I think that is a long shot though.

The only other thing I can think of is that the board refuse to let him leave unless he signs a confidentiality clause.

If they demanded this, and he insisted he would not sign it, their only option is to keep him employed. If he tried to leave, even for nothing, they could sue him for breach of contract.

For the record, I think its far more likely he just wanted more cash than they could afford.

Im not sure if its all about the money for him. I believe he thinks he can finish on a high, gaining promotion and walking away with his task complete. However, we are rank rotten with no sign of improvement anywhere on the pitch.

Thought this was interesting too - Houston had some sympathy for McCoist, who previously took a wage cut at Ibrox.

"I think £400,000 for a manager in the position we're in is a bit excessive and £750,000 even more so, but that's what we've got to deal with," he said.

Does Houston expect him to drop below £400,000 a yearr to safeguard jobs again?.

If he does then fair play.

It is after midnight here in Perth Australia where I live. I have stayed up to hear what the outcome of Ally and the Board's meeting was. If, as seems likely he is staying on as manager then I am stunned, disappointed and outraged beyond belief. We are fucked, probably another season in this league, probably humped in the Celtic game and definitely the laughing stock of Scottish, British, European and World football. This is my worst ever day as a Rangers fan.

What rubbish. McCoist isn't the heart and soul of Rangers, we are! When McCoist is gone and when we are out of this dark period we will still be Rangers. This is the time the fans must stick by the club, not the board, not the manager. We are being targeted by the football authorities, by the media, by some rogue fans' groups, by former directors, by former players and now by our own manager. We fans, I mean the real fans, must stand by the Club at this time. We may not have the board we would all want but we are supporters of the Rangers Football Club, not the board.

We've never as a club been in the position where our board is only looking out for number 1 and our manager and players are doing the same - we are in that place now though.

At least with admin our players and, manager and fans rallied round together while our "owner" duped us all. Now the same manager who claims to have the club at heart is holding the club to ransom for a payout, our board clearly have neither the direction nor the backing to get rid of him, andour support are staying away in their thousands.

We are at a lower ebb than we were in feb 2012 and their are divisions within our support that may never heal.

We are a long long way form anythig like the club that we were and there appears no sign of us heading back to the right direciton any time soon