*** New Manager Discussion ***

coatbrigpirate

This the same guy who bombed at Fulham and was widely slated by the players and press for understimating the English game and lifestyle of the players?

Som,ehow I can't see that working here either....

Did he not try to treat injuries with cheese as well

Said it the other day, we need someone who will boot baws right now and remind these wasters who they play for. I think the ideal candidate for that was Walter Smith, until the end of the season. However, booting balls is Magaths speiciality.

He isn't the answer long term though, so give him the job until May, get promotion and then put him upstairs and het a young and upcoming coach to work with him long term to restructure everything from top to bottom.

This HAS to happen.

This the same guy who bombed at Fulham and was widely slated by the players and press for understimating the English game and lifestyle of the players?

WAs that not Lt Leopold Magath of the Luftwaffe in 1940?

Oh sorry, bombed at Fulham. (tu)

I think he comes with a massive risk too.

People want ambition and this European set up or whatever but it still has to be the right guy for the job.

If he doesn't get British culture then he's probably doomed to fail in the same way that PLG did.

People want ambition and this European set up or whatever but it still has to be the right guy for the job.

If he doesn't get British culture then he's probably doomed to fail in the same way that PLG did.

(tu)

That's a huge risk and after Fuhlam I cannot see it working in Glasgow.

I think this team needs a boot in the baws, but not just that. They need someone to install confidence in them and work on the man management.

These guys don't care for the Club like past teams have. So I reckon if Magath comes in all guns blazing they'll just sulk. Take the abuse and be even worse.

I think this team needs a boot in the baws, but not just that. They need someone to install confidence in them and work on the man management.

These guys don't care for the Club like past teams have. So I reckon if Magath comes in all guns blazing they'll just sulk. Take the abuse and be even worse.

With so many of them being out of contract and no guarantee that the manager they're playing under will still be here at the start of next season, that's a huge possibility.

Right now they are failures at Rangers, couldn't make the grade in lower leagues, the shirt was too big for them.

That's how I'd put it across to them and encourage them to change that perception and leave with their heads held high.

Can't believe I'm reading people ask who Magath is. He had a poor time at Fulham, but realistically he shouldn't be anywhere near the running for the Rangers job considering what he's accomplished. I'd take him to the end of the season, if just to guarantee promotion.

Agree with the points made though. Walter Smith reminding players who they're playing for has a lot more weight than a temporary foreign manager, no matter who it may be.

Ian Cathro and Magath as DoF however? Sounds golden to me. Mind you, I can't see many British managers nevermind Cathro wanting a DoF above him. It all depends on the duties that title entails.

Said it the other day, we need someone who will boot baws right now and remind these wasters who they play for. I think the ideal candidate for that was Walter Smith, until the end of the season. However, booting balls is Magaths speiciality.

He isn't the answer long term though, so give him the job until May, get promotion and then put him upstairs and het a young and upcoming coach to work with him long term to restructure everything from top to bottom.

This HAS to happen.

Can't argue with that... (tu)

Would say they are a couple of big differences with both situations.

Looking back I don't think there is too much Magath could have done at Fulham. Myself and a fair few of my friends were very critical of the Fulham players last season, their poor attitude got Jol sacked and the rot had set in by the time Magath was on the scene.

In regards to the PLG comparison, he fell out with a captain who was very popular with the other players and the fans, while results on the pitch weren't going his way. If Magath came in and took the hard line, the stock of the current squad is so low with the fans, the backlash would be on them if they complained, not the manager.

Can't believe I'm reading people ask who Magath is. He had a poor time at Fulham, but realistically he shouldn't be anywhere near the running for the Rangers job considering what he's accomplished. I'd take him to the end of the season, if just to guarantee promotion.

Agree with the points made though. Walter Smith reminding players who they're playing for has a lot more weight than a temporary foreign manager, no matter who it may be.

Ian Cathro and Magath as DoF however? Sounds golden to me. Mind you, I can't see many British managers nevermind Cathro wanting a DoF above him. It all depends on the duties that title entails.

Spot on (tu)

I don't know if I am happy with this or not, What the hell I will be happy with anyone that comes in at the moment. Would rather Mcinnes or cathro, well anyone that plays an attractive style of football should I say!

I'd be very happy with McInnes and Magath but can't see DM being happy with working under a director of football. Also Cathro has already publicly stated that for his first managers job he wants to be in complete control of the philosophy of football at the club he moves to - he to might not be happy to work under Magath.