*** New Manager Discussion ***

coatbrigpirate

Sir Walter on Sky Sports News was asked if he would come back and help out as manager if asked and his reply was "I would do anything i could to help them and I wouldn't rule it out"

Make the call Dave!

That guy just struggles like fuck to break free from Rangers. A proper hero, I don't want him to tarnish his reputation though, he deserves to enjoy retirement and all the fond memories he has at the club. This lot of imposters may end that

If Walter Smith could get us to the end of the season, it would buy time in terms of finding a long term Manager as well as providing someone with genuine Football management the opportunity to access this "squad" of "players".

It is clear that having KM in charge of the team is utterly pointless. He is not a manager and has never pretended to be one, it is therefore no surprise he is unable to act like one.

That guy just struggles like fuck to break free from Rangers. A proper hero, I don't want him to tarnish his reputation though, he deserves to enjoy retirement and all the fond memories he has at the club. This lot of imposters may end that

They would shite it and get their finger out for Smith. Remember his wonderful display in the 9 man and a pigeon final when he shouted instructions from the sideline the players were terrified to lose.

Agree he deserves his retirement though and we cant keep looking back.

Sir Walter on Sky Sports News was asked if he would come back and help out as manager if asked and his reply was "I would do anything i could to help them and I wouldn't rule it out"

Make the call Dave!

We'd get promotion with him, 110% confident of that. My perfect choice to sort the mess out, he'd kick every wanker in that dressing room into touch, and in the balls.

Make the call King, just to the end of the season, then get a long term manager in once we're up.

I don't think it's fair to expect Walter to come back and shepherd us through the playoffs, but, then, I have absolute confidence in his ability to do so and wonder if any part of him feels guilty for recommending McCoist, despite his obvious deficiencies as a manager.

Honestly, I'd take anyone with a bit of bite for the next few months. After that, we need to find the ideas man to implement a whole new footballing philosophy.

Make the call Dave!

Not quite. He practically said he wasn't looking to get back into that.

Walter has done his part.

We can't keep running back to the same old faces, we need a massive change in direction. Short term fixes are no use.

We need a short term fix to see the season out and get back into the top flight.

I think we have to show Walter a little bit of respect here, thank him for his time and let someone else take on the burden. I think he's nearly 70 now, it's shocking if we have to rely on him to get us out of the first division. He was amazing for us, and deserves legend status, but respectfully I would say no.

Walters words were 'I wouldn't rule anything out but I'm not looking for that (returning as manager) in any way, shape or form'

He also said Ally wasn't given the same chance at the job as previous Rangers managers :anguish:

Guys, we need to look forward. Walter is not the answer, as we should be looking at bringing someone in who is willing to take the team forward until the end of the season and then either challenge for the full time position or happy to step down to number two.

Walters words were 'I wouldn't rule anything out but I'm not looking for that (returning as manager) in any way, shape or form'

He also said Ally wasn't given the same chance at the job as previous Rangers managers :anguish:

He must have meant he had a better chance with all the money against the plumbers&joiners.