*** New Manager Discussion ***

coatbrigpirate

Why would the bookies suspend betting on Warburton if it isn't going to be him though? As people have previously stated the bookies are very rarely wrong!

Suspending betting could mean anything, however, they didn't actually suspend the betting.

His name was removed in error according to Paddy Power....

I've been told Rene Muelensteen is one of the five. No inside info but the guy who told me seems adamant and he has been right about certain things in the past !

Definitely a bit left field.

I think we may well get Stuart McCall back as manager...And the longer we go without appointing a manager the more I think it will be him.

While this would not make me shout and run around In happiness I do think that all things considered he may not be that had...

If we take away his most recent past ie failing to get us promoted then his cv is not bad at all. Before we got him, most on here thought he would be a decent appointment.

He is not a name that would encourage season ticket sales tho.

On the plus points--

He does know the game in Scotland.

He is relatively cheap I imagine.

He knows the squad, or lack of.

He knows how big a club we are.

He knows the goldfish bowl mentality.

He knows the expectations.

If we compare him to Warburton or Cathro, their positives are

They are new and exciting

They may play a more exciting brand of football

They will help sell season tickets...

Negative points

No knowledge of s Scottish football

No knowledge of our club and staff

No knowledge of goldfish bowl of scottish football.

No experience of the weight of expectation on him...

Stuart McCall may not be to everyone's liking but he has publicly stated he wants the job and that takes guts and that's what we were lacking last season and what we will need in abundance next season...

I remain staunchly of the view that Stuart is by far the best man for the job.

Warburton and Cathro are just the latest novelty names and will be hugely risky, whilst Davies is stark raving mad

I think we may well get Stuart McCall back as manager...And the longer we go without appointing a manager the more I think it will be him.

While this would not make me shout and run around In happiness I do think that all things considered he may not be that had...

If we take away his most recent past ie failing to get us promoted then his cv is not bad at all. Before we got him, most on here thought he would be a decent appointment.

He is not a name that would encourage season ticket sales tho.

On the plus points--

He does know the game in Scotland.

He is relatively cheap I imagine.

He knows the squad, or lack of.

He knows how big a club we are.

He knows the goldfish bowl mentality.

He knows the expectations.

If we compare him to Warburton or Cathro, their positives are

They are new and exciting

They may play a more exciting brand of football

They will help sell season tickets...

Negative points

No knowledge of s Scottish football

No knowledge of our club and staff

No knowledge of goldfish bowl of scottish football.

No experience of the weight of expectation on him...

Stuart McCall may not be to everyone's liking but he has publicly stated he wants the job and that takes guts and that's what we were lacking last season and what we will need in abundance next season...

Are you trying to tell us that Davie Weir has not been chirping in Warburton's ear telling him all about the club, its history, traditions and expectations?

Warburton also ran the NextGen series youth tournament, and is very well connected. This leads me to believe that he will have contacts not just in Scotland, but all over Europe and beyond. These contacts could be vital to us getting some very talented players in.

I have a feeling this board will go for McInnes he's proven

Pretty sure he's the most unlikely of all the names mentioned for a whole variety of reasons including but not least compensation for his contract .

Are you trying to tell us that Davie Weir has not been chirping in Warburton's ear telling him all about the club, its history, traditions and expectations?

Warburton also ran the NextGen series youth tournament, and is very well connected. This leads me to believe that he will have contacts not just in Scotland, but all over Europe and beyond. These contacts could be vital to us getting some very talented players in.

I think you're right there and IF Warburton was to take it and it's a big if David Weir and his love of the club , knowledge and efforts to influence his friend and colleague would be as big a reason as anything I think .

If it is warburton with weir , it would have been interesting to what weir could have done with moshni , I know he is off now and was prone to stupid errors too often but he dos show signs at times of being half decent when he kept his mind on the game and done the simple things well with his best game this season being the 2-0 win at easter road . Glad to see the back of him but would have been interesting to see if Weir could have made an impact on his performances .

I hope I am wrong but I still think its going to be McCall. From what was said yesterday you get the impression they have players in mind. The new manager would have to be involved in that. The fact he is involved in the qualifiers means it will not be announced until after the game.

Pretty sure he's the most unlikely of all the names mentioned for a whole variety of reasons including but not least compensation for his contract .

I think you're right there and IF Warburton was to take it and it's a big if David Weir and his love of the club , knowledge and efforts to influence his friend and colleague would be as big a reason as anything I think .

if that's who we want(McInnes) then well just need to pay it.. I don't get what the hold up is with Warburton offer him your best package if he takes it good if not move on. I really don't think they want him as manager or they would've moved now.. Out of the rest McInnes is the next best option imo