*** New Manager Discussion ***

coatbrigpirate

He'll be adding 6 or 7 to it but the largest part will be the same players left behind from last season

The vast majority of players left are all young, if they have any chance of making it big they are best not to defy their manager. Warburtons ethics will do them the world of good.

Not sure if posted already or not

--

David Weir has today dropped a big hint that he is imminently to be appointed Rangers assistant with Mark Warburton the manager.

A source bumped into the former Ibrox defender in Cardiff at tonights Wales Belgium match, and asked if Weir would indeed be taking up the Ibrox assistant position with Warburton his superior, and Weir, unable to confirm this on record, instead gave a nod and a smile in acknowledgement.

If this is to be fully interpreted as what it appears to be mean rather than reading between the lines, it could be the clearest indicator yet that Warburton and Weir will be announced on Monday.

With Derek McInnes signing a new two-year extension at Pittodrie (taking him up to 2019) and Vitor Pereira signing on at Fenerbahce, Warburtons odds have reduced again from 4/5 to 1/3 and it is starting to look, finally, like maybe, just maybe the saga is coming to a close.

It's Warburton.

Seen a few saying this today. What makes you so sure?

I was told ages ago it would definitely be W&W but until it's confirmed there'll always be that doubt. Wish we would announce it so we can move forward.

Think at this stage it's a risk no matter who gets the job.

That being said, Warburton & Weir offer both a way forward and a link to more successful times. Weir coming in as an assistant manager would be huge IMO...obviously his knowledge of the club will be helpful to Warburton getting used to both Rangers and Scotland.

I don't think Warburton's (relative) lack of managerial experience is that big of a deal, I think more of the issue is the fact that expectations at Rangers are miles apart from what they are at Brentford. He'll be expected to hit the ground running and play attacking, attractive football and improving the youth/scouting systems whilst dealing with a new-ish board. That'll be tough.

Not sure if posted already or not

--

David Weir has today dropped a big hint that he is imminently to be appointed Rangers assistant with Mark Warburton the manager.

A source bumped into the former Ibrox defender in Cardiff at tonights Wales Belgium match, and asked if Weir would indeed be taking up the Ibrox assistant position with Warburton his superior, and Weir, unable to confirm this on record, instead gave a nod and a smile in acknowledgement.

If this is to be fully interpreted as what it appears to be mean rather than reading between the lines, it could be the clearest indicator yet that Warburton and Weir will be announced on Monday.

With Derek McInnes signing a new two-year extension at Pittodrie (taking him up to 2019) and Vitor Pereira signing on at Fenerbahce, Warburtons odds have reduced again from 4/5 to 1/3 and it is starting to look, finally, like maybe, just maybe the saga is coming to a close.

Well, that original post has been tidied up and pushed about a bit!

Looks almost as if a "journalist" has polished it to make a story..................

Seen a few saying this today. What makes you so sure?

I was told ages ago it would definitely be W&W but until it's confirmed there'll always be that doubt. Wish we would announce it so we can move forward.

I've just had too many people who've known stuff before tell me the same thing mate so imo it's done but it's Rangers, we never do the simple thing :lol:

"There could be a role in the new set-up for former Dundee United and SFA youth coach Ian Cathro, who quit his job as assistant manager of Valencia earlier in June."

Imagine...

Would be amazing, but I'm having a hard time seeing that- although maybe a clause could be put in his contract where he could leave if a head job in the Championship, etc. came up?

Would be amazing, but I'm having a hard time seeing that- although maybe a clause could be put in his contract where he could leave if a head job in the Championship, etc. came up?

Yeah can't see it myself mate but we can hope.

Saying that, the last 4 years have taught me not to expect alot from us :lol: Delighted with the Warburton appointment surely just a matter of time now.