*** New Manager Discussion ***

coatbrigpirate

Can see Lewis MacLeod coming back to maybe Danny Wilson because of the weir affect and Scott Allan no bad for starters

Lets hope with the new man we stop the nonsense of bring back ex players, history has shown this very seldom works.

On face value Cathro would seem unlikely. However, I think we've all learned by now that anything is possible with us. Also, by all accounts Cathro had planned in advanced to leave and return home for family reasons. If he's already in Scotland he may be happy to take up some sort of role just to keep his fingers in it and continue his profile to grow. It could possibly suit all parties, certainly in the short term.

(tu)

Can see Lewis MacLeod coming back to maybe Danny Wilson because of the weir affect and Scott Allan no bad for starters

"the Weir effect" - Is that the same thing that seen us lose MacLeod to Brentford in the first place? Or how about Weir telling Everton they should go get Jelavic and Naismith. Yes, this "Weir effect" has worked out very well for us so far.

"the Weir effect" - Is that the same thing that seen us lose MacLeod to Brentford in the first place? Or how about Weir telling Everton they should go get Jelavic and Naismith. Yes, this "Weir effect" has worked out very well for us so far.

Every manager looks to players he knows. He's a professional not a Rangers groupie. Anyway it could work for us if he brings Jota and Pritchard up the road with him and we wouldn't complain

Every manager looks to players he knows. He's a professional not a Rangers groupie. Anyway it could work for us if he brings Jota and Pritchard up the road with him and we wouldn't complain

The only time Weir was a manager was at Sheffield United and it was a disaster.

Where are all the people saying the deal won't happen and it will be McCall now?

I was told on Friday it would be completed over the weekend and wasn't let down! Great move by the board. Going for either him or Cathro over the traditional 9 in a row candidates would have been telling in their vision for the club in my opinion.

Beelin' :lol:

• 1 year later...
1 minute ago, coatbrigpirate said:

As a said in the 1st post in this thread it's time to call on Glenn hoddle. If no him De Boer or Souness, no fussy

Sounness and hoddle? Two guys that have been out the game for well over a decade between them?

2 minutes ago, coatbrigpirate said:

As a said in the 1st post in this thread it's time to call on Glenn hoddle. If no him De Boer or Souness, no fussy

I remember reading that Rio Ferdinand rated Hoddle as one of the best managers he worked with, rated him as highly as Sir Alex. He would play good football and 'm sure would instill a winning mentality.

But how much would he cost and would he come?

1 minute ago, williamcarvel9 said:

I remember reading that Rio Ferdinand rated Hoddle as one of the best managers he worked with, rated him as highly as Sir Alex. He would play good football and 'm sure would instill a winning mentality.

But how much would he cost and would he come?

I don't know if we can prise him away from Wolverhampton wanderers 2006