***The Official Hibernian vs Rangers Match Thread***

Wearethepeople72

How many times this season have we played 1 up so far?

It maybe not the formation we started with but invariably always happened as the second striker say Miller or clark always end up going wide so leaving a big punt to Daly and Boyd.

You can start with a 442 but always ended up more like a 451.

Tactically at times we played schoolboy football under McCoist and all seemed to be all over the place.

I'm hoping this improves under McDowall.

It maybe not the formation we started with but invariably always happened as the second striker say Miller or clark always end up going wide so leaving a big punt to Daly and Boyd.

You can start with a 442 but always ended up more like a 451.

Tactically at times we played schoolboy football under McCoist and all seemed to be all over the place.

Not really, IMO, but as Ivybank keeps telling me my opinion is irrelevant as I can't make every game.

Kenny and Clark are equally likely to drop off a bit looking for space but I wouldn't say we played like a 4-5-1. We just played badly in a 4-4-2.

Its only a good shout if he is available and on form otherwise he should be nowhere near the team.

Tbf I would rather have Mccgregor and Zaliukas partnered in the middle rather than Mccgregor and Jig. Zaliukas is a defender and MCculloch isn't, it just makes more sense. Anyway McDowell already hinted that he isn't going to change anything, so I doubt Zaliukas would be anywhere near the team.

Simonsen

Foster, McGregor, Zaliukas, Wallace

McCulloch, MacLeod

Aird, Shiels, Templeton

Miller

Subs: Robinson, Faure, Black, Law, Clark, Daly, Boyd

Canny argue with much about that team except Templeton is shot to shit for confidence - so would look to have him in the bench

Hypothetical, but if Hearts fail to win tonight and we win this then by 3pm come Saturday we could find ourselves only 6 points behind.

After tonight I think Hearts have Livingston away then Hibs then us, then Dumbarton away so all potentially tricky. We really need some favours and unless we lose to Hibs and Hearts win tonight I don't think this league is over

Hypothetical, but if Hearts fail to win tonight and we win this then by 3pm come Saturday we could find ourselves only 6 points behind.

Started celebrating Christmas a bit early there mate. Unfortunately I see us being 13/15 points behind by Saturday night.

if Hearts win this will be a crunch game. I hope that Kenny Mc is bold and puts out a passing team and not just the usual suspects.

Hearts are strolling it 2-0 as expected. Every game til the season's end is must win now.

Hearts are definitely showing championship winning form. However we just need to try and stick in there as you never know what's round the corner. Sounds like a long shot but if we can get to the last few games of the season and only be 2/3 points behind them we could be in with a chance as we play them on the last game. Also some of their players could get injured or sold or even Neilson could leave. Keep Believing!

If we can beat them twice that takes 6 points out their lead, still hope but we must win at Waster Road on Sat

if we beat them twice that would give us 6 points back but remember one of those games is the last game of the Season so from now until that day we need to get around 10 points more then them, thats a big big ask, I think they'll drop points but not sure we'll have the consistency required to capitalise on everything