***The Official Hibernian vs Rangers Match Thread***

Wearethepeople72

if we beat them twice that would give us 6 points back but remember one of those games is the last game of the Season so from now until that day we need to get around 10 points more then them, thats a big big ask, I think they'll drop points but not sure we'll have the consistency required to capitalise on everything

Agree, we have the player to go on an unbeaten run, and hopefully with Kenny in charge there will be a change if direction, he should be stressing to all the players that every game could be their last and there will be no new contracts to anyone if we don't catch hearts, need to put fire in the players Bellys, they still have Hibs to play twice also and QOTS

Quite a look has happened in the last few days since I got here and the girl's internet connection was down after her moving house.

Not to worry, here again now and happy that Ally is no longer in charge of the team. Having said that, I can't see that there will be much change and we'll all find out after this first game if there's any difference in attitude. I hope McDowell plays more of Clark as he's got a better record than the grusome twosome that we've been persisting with up front for months.

Fair play to Hearts they deserve to be where they are.

All we can do is put pressure on them. We must start winning games like this. This is absolutely massive. For me this is title decider.

A few may think it's already over and I couldn't really disagree but trying to be optimistic a win here could be a massive confidence booster for the team and McDowall.

We still have two games to play against Hearts, which could give us 6 points. I've always said though Hearts get one defeat and you never know how they'll react. Key is for us to win this, and keep winning until we play Hearts beat them and then see how they react. If they respond by winning again then fair play to them, but I think with some pressure they could crumble.

Hivs have played well against us twice, but seem hard pressed to do much against the rest.

Don't think they can keep the good form against us up, especially with the added pressure of playing at home.

We're due a result against them - I'm going for 3-1 to The 'Gers.

All talk of "must win games" and "massive match" just go way over my head. Hearts have the league sewn up and we have far, far bigger things to worry about than whether we beat Hibs

So we should just give up?

We are 12 points behind, still Hearts to play another twice and we aren't even half way through the season yet. Keep believing.

They are more inconsistent than us but I think our team will be well up for this. Hopefully a change of manager has given them more to think about with regards to how we'll line up and our tactics but who knows really. Have to win this though, we at very least have to go to Tynecastle with a mathematical chance at winning the league, possible but a very tough ask

All talk of "must win games" and "massive match" just go way over my head. Hearts have the league sewn up and we have far, far bigger things to worry about than whether we beat Hibs

Maybe the business side is rocky (to say the least) but we should never lose sight of the fact that our main business is football.

Attending to that side of the business properly should help the rest fall into place.