I think I'm done with football

EatDolphins

To quote the late great Bill Struth.

'"...Never fear, inevitably we shall have our years of failure, and when they arrive, we must reveal tolerance and sanity. No matter the days of anxiety that come our way, we shall emerge stronger because of the trials to be overcome. That has been the philosophy of the Rangers since the days of the gallant pioneers."

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it was wise to post your thoughts, you'll not get any sympathy or understanding on here. You're demoralised, frustrated and totally pissed off - so are most of us, but you've got to get on with it.

The guys just speaking from the heart mate.

Ed do you ever feel like a plastic bag drifting through the wind wanting to start again? Do you ever feel so paper thin like a house of cards one blow from caving in?

Do you ever feel already buired deep six feet under scream but no one seems to hear a thing? Do you know that theres still a chance for you cause theres a spark in you youve just gotta ignite the light and let it shine like the 12th of july. :uk:

Nah,

he's hot then he's cold, he's yes then he's no, he's in then he's out, he's up then he's down.....

Any time I see posts like this the posters name never surprises me. He's the weak type of cnt you would leave behind in the jungle because he was slowing every other cnt down

Really what kind of reply is that.Grow up and dont call fans weak cunts because there hurting .Have a look at yourself.

Here's part of a post I made a long time ago about my early and ongoing commitment to the Gers, think it sums up my own attitudes to the best and worst of times as a Gers fan, and perhaps a few others will have similar experience and feelings.......

Choose Rangers. Choose an ideal. Choose a lifetime commitment. Choose a family. Choose a fucking big institution, Choose tradition, glory, pride, and singing along with the crowd. Choose good times, excitement and knitted tammmies. Choose squashing in to crowded terraces. Choose a regular trip on a Saturday or Wednesday to Ibrox. Choose your choice of spam or cheese roll. Choose your match scarves and matching badges. Choose a favourite player. Choose turning up at every game and who the fuck you are on a Saturday afternoon. Choose sitting on that couch watching away European matches in black and white, stuffing fucking McEwan's export beer into your mouth. Choose cheering away at the end of it all, choose pissing down big gutters in antiquated toilet facilities. Choose your future. Choose the Rangers life . . . But why would I want to do a thing like that? I chose not to choose any old football team: I chose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got the Rangers in your blood?

People think it's all about the glory, the success, the misery and desperation and all that shite, which is not to be ignored. But what they forget is the pleasure of it. Otherwise we wouldn't do it. After all, we're not fucking stupid. At least, we're not that fucking stupid. Take the best orgasm you ever had, multiply it by a thousand and you're still nowhere near it. When you're at the football you have only one worry, your team scoring. When they're not scoring you are suddenly obliged to worry about all sorts of other shite. Got no money: can't get pissed. Got money: drinking too much. Can't get a bird: no chance of a ride. Got a bird: too much hassle. You have to worry about bills, about food, about the Rangers football team though they usually fucking win anyway, about human relationships and all the things that really don't matter when you've got a sincere and truthful Rangers habit.

Football and Rangers were my choice of drug in the seventies. I am still an addict

I understand where you are coming from OP and whatever you do don't take any notice of wanks like BP9 and Albear 85. They are irrelevant and banal.

The last 4 years have undoubtedly been tough going and you wouldn't be human if they hadn't affected your feelings both for club and game. I'm weary of the boardroom nonsense. I'm sick of reading about the latest so called messiah who instinct tells you will be just the latest in a long line of charlatans out to make money out of the club. The fans are divided like never before, indeed I believe the divisions to be so deep that they might never heal. Despite what the blind faith and talk shite crew might say, virtually all of us who wanted Ally out didn't hate the guy. Most like me had simply had enough of his incompetence and felt it necessary to keep the pressure on until he was sacked or resigned. He can now go back to being a legend but the build up to Ally's departure, the bitter debates on here about it, the remaining sourness between those on opposite sides of the debate is a microcosm of the problems throughout the club.

Rangers is a profoundly unhappy club. The supporters are generally miserable about the situation, the football is often awful, very few of the players are admired, most are disliked, the board are under fire, the caretaker manager has little support and we are 12 points behind a club that was bankrupt 10 months ago.

OP, it may do you good to have a break from the game. It can become all consuming and leave you feeling bitter at times.

But Rangers need you and the thousands of others who are also in despair right now.

I'm just about to leave my hotel and go to the game. I don't back Kenny McDowall (although I wish him well) and I think most of the players are talentless, gutless imposters. However, I still retain that sense of anticipation. There is no other club like Rangers. The tough days now will make the inevitable golden days in the future more euphoric.

I'm not a loyalist, I'm not a Protestant, I'm an atheist, I'm English not Scotish, I'm often in a filthy temper about the state we are in, but I still love the club and still believe that one day we will be winning leagues, trouncing the hated Celtic and playing entertaining football. Despite the divisions, I also still feel part of the Rangers family.

Don't stop believing mate. Stick with it, take a break, but don't give up on the club.

All the best.

Tbh, it looks to me like we have a heck of a lot of so called fans who will support the club in the good times, but don't understand the fact that real supporters will turn out no matter if the club is successful or not. Then we have the very vocal ones who say they will support the club till they die, but only if it can be seen as some sort of icon representing their own narrow political religious ethic.

Rangers are a football club, nothing more, nothing less and as such it as to be run on the fiancé that it can raise from advertising, hospitality, transfer fees and ticket sales. If the die hard support is as great as we would like to believe these lines of finance will be secure with a board in place who will work for the club not to generate bonuses and pay offs for themselves. Perhaps the one lesson we will learn from our present situation is that our core support is a heck of a lot smaller than most would have believed.

Tbh, it looks to me like we have a heck of a lot of so called fans who will support the club in the good times, but don't understand the fact that real supporters will turn out no matter if the club is successful or not. Then we have the very vocal ones who say they will support the club till they die, but only if it can be seen as some sort of icon representing their own narrow political religious ethic.

Rangers are a football club, nothing more, nothing less and as such it as to be run on the fiancé that it can raise from advertising, hospitality, transfer fees and ticket sales. If the die hard support is as great as we would like to believe these lines of finance will be secure with a board in place who will work for the club not to generate bonuses and pay offs for themselves. Perhaps the one lesson we will learn from our present situation is that our core support is a heck of a lot smaller than most would have believed.

Applies to supporters of all clubs.

I can't take pleasure or anything even approaching entertainment in football now for the past year and a half. Every week we get deeper and deeper into shit that football supporters just shouldn't have to think about and I can't see any way out. I was up for the one off challenge of ał lifetime and to be pay of that history but we've managed to make a cunt of it like no other team on history.

I recently started a new job at the beginning of November meaning no more nights or weekends and my first thoughts were of buying my first ever season ticket but now I can't even watch us play on a stream. I doubt I'll ever feel the same way about Rangers ever again. There doesn't seem any end to this total utter nightmare.

we do not Choose, we are Chosen

Clearly most people didn't read the op and just followed the crowd of dicks that posted after. To those that responded properly Thankyou for your support in a time I needed a bit of a lift. It's been a shit year for me all round and our current travails aren't helping. Today just compounded it aswell.

Clearly most people didn't read the op and just followed the crowd of dicks that posted after. To those that responded properly Thankyou for your support in a time I needed a bit of a lift. It's been a shit year for me all round and our current travails aren't helping. Today just compounded it aswell.

I think the responses seem pretty appropriate to the OP. I think most people HAVE read it.

I read it, more than once.....my statement still stands.

Get a fucking grip (tu)

Just reread it, still think it's a pointless attention seeking post.

If you're going to give up, just go