***the Official Rangers V Pacific Shelf Thread***

MacBoyd

My team would be- Bell : Faure,McGregor,Zaliukas,Wallace : Aird,Law,Hutton,Templeton : Miller,Clark

Despite the slaughtering he gets on her, Aird actually tries every game, he was one of the standouts against Scumdee Hivs last year. Hutton does what Black does but won't get sent off. Foster, enough said. Zaliukas I imagine is faster that Jig, and an all round far better CB. Clark and Miller are the two types of ST we need, fast, latching onto every ball, continuous pressure.

I would change it up a bit, Zaluikas is a better shout (if fit) than Jig. Celtic will anticipate 4-5-1 and will know where our weaknesses in that formation are. Change it up and hit them 4-2-3-1

Bell

Foster Zal Mcgregor Wallace

Jig Black

Clark Law Temps

Daly

My team would be Bell, Foster, Jig Mcgregor Wallace, Aird, Black, Law, Templeton, Miller just behind Daly.

We need runners on the wings and thats why I think hel start Smith before Temps to set up defensive minded but I would personally start templeton and take the chance I think Wallace is more than capable of holding his own against Commons .

Itl be won in the middle of the park. Black has to start against Brown IMO and Nicky Law has to outshine whoever the play there. I think Law is capable hes just frustrating to watch.

Think Miller would give their defenders something different to think about and Daly will give a huge physical presence to them. I dont think they have played against someone as experienced as Miller and that will work in our advantage.

Battle fever well and truly on

INTAE THEM

Tough decision really because Daly's a threat in the air and I'd imagine we'll create most our chances through crosses and set pieces but he can't move whereas Miller can charge them down and put them under pressure a bit more.

Maybe a 2010 Kenny Miller would, but the currently Kenny Miller can hardly run never mind charge anyone down!

I think this mobs tails will be up for the first 20 mins as the atmosphere and adrenalin get going, but if we can keep it tight, the pressure on them will start to mount - there fans are expecting a big victory and will get on their backs quickly. We have nothing to lose and most fans are expecting nothing. Keep it really tight and let the pressure mount. We keep mentioning how many of our players have struggled in a rangers jersey - well lets see how many of theirs can cope with this atmosphere..

I doubt we will win - but to do it we HAVE to keep a clean sheet for the first 20 mins. If we go behind quickly its gonna be bad news - we don't want o have to chase a game with our defence. Additionally, they are not playing particularly well at the moment either by all accounts.