***the Official Rangers V Pacific Shelf Thread***

MacBoyd

Surely if he puts another man in midfield he has to play quick, attacking wide men. I quite like the idea of another central midfielder as Black and Hutton sitting will allow Law to attack more which is his strength. But Stevie Smith won't offer us enough going forward, he's a left back! Either swap him and Wallace, or put Templeton on the left and Gallagher or Aird on the right. I'd really like Gallagher to start if he's fit.

My preferred line up would be

Bell

Smith(better than Foster),Zalukas,McGregor,Wallace,

Gallacher,Law,McCulloch,Templeton,

Miller,Clark.

Not a bad side.

Probable

Simonson

Foster,McCulloch,McGregor,Wallace

Aird,Black,Law,Smith

Daly,Miller

Humped..no pace and a liability in Black

Posted this in another thread, might as well stick it in this one too.

My team and thoughts on the game -

I'd 100% be playing two holding mids. That can still be an effective tactic without the team lining up defensively. They'll have a hard shift, constantly dishing out tackles and closing players down. Get in the faces of the central players for the tims and make their life shit. We need to cut the supply to the forwards as I really don't trust Foster or Jig and perhaps even Mcgregor to cope with the ball being played on the deck in-behind them. Cut the supply and force them to look long, Mcregor and Jig should win the battle in the air.

4-2-3-1

Hopefully Bell

?? Mcgregor Jig Wallace

Black Hutton

Gallagher Law Temps

Miller

the ''??'' is anyone but Foster, even though it will likely be Foster that Mcdowell picks.

My mate, who's a dirty rabid tim, says that more often than not Van Dyke is the one carrying the ball from Centre Half, it's a system that they've used most of the season, I'd make sure Miller Gallgher and Temp's press high, leave Van Dyke open and have Law, 10-15 yards off him, as soon as he receives the ball, Law closes him down and the two holding mids cut off any simple balls into the midfield. He'll be forced to go long or take Law on, Law's quick and capable and I'd be working on this all this week.

Win the ball high, and look for the pace of Temps/Gallagher to run at Ambrose etc. Isolate Temps and he'll always look to beat the man and make something happen. It's so much easier to get in behind teams and have a quick succsession of passses if you win the ball high and there's room to get in behind. Our passing is so slow, and that's usually down to the fact we win the ball back after they skied a shot and we get a GK, or our centre half wins a header and it breaks to our midfielders just outside our own box. They get everyone back and we're left to slowly knock passes trying to find gaps.

We need to have everyone flying into challanges and closing down players, don't give them an inch, it's a hard graft, but if it's good enough for Bayern it's good enough for us ;)

Just out of curiosity do we have anyone in the dugout that goes out to the opponent we are facing before the actual game, to see what would be the best way to set up against them, Especially against the tims? I seen Ronny Deila at the called of game against Hearts. Even though the game was called off He still sat down and watched videos of us playing. It's Shit to be without management for 4 and a bit years :(