Rangers Sign Five Newcastle Players On Loan.

PromDeAnglais

He was good but he wasn't worth more than what we got from Brentford. The offers were not there for a guy that had not proven himself on a consistent basis against anything other than part-timers.

He was maybe not worth more than say £1m as he had only played half a season, plus a handful v Prem opposition, of games against full time players. However if we had held on for another few years that value would have rocketed as he showed in they games that he had what it takes and is still extremely young. He carried a team full of very experienced players and had already received a Scotland call up.

I'm not even massively pro King so stop trying to spread utter baws. Neither was I pro Ally, as a manager, like you tried to suggest.

Stop spreading lies.

Are you getting tips from McMurdo and Irvine? They pulled you in to their wee ring?

Oh...I beg to differ on your pro-King, pro-Ally leanings. :cgreen:

There is a bit of stooshie developing about Rangers and their signing of players on loan from Newcastle United. The SPFL Rules on Temporary Transfers (as they call loans) are typically confusing.

58 (i) states no more than 4 loan players at any one time.

58 (ii) states no more than one loanee who is not an under 21 player at any one time

58(iii) states no more than two players who are not under 21s can be played during a season

58 (iv) states no more than one loanee from a club in the same division

58 (v) states no more than two loanees from a club in a different division

58 )iv) states no more than three loanees from any club.

60 states no more than 5 loanees between 1st July and the following 30th June.

You'll notice though that there is no reference made to cross border signings and, as is always the case, the devil is in the detail. FIFA rules state that there is no limit to the number of loan signings from foreign countries.

He was good but he wasn't worth more than what we got from Brentford. The offers were not there for a guy that had not proven himself on a consistent basis against anything other than part-timers.

So you wanted Ally to have developed him into a Champions League player? Couldn't you just let Ally off with this one good player who got plenty of game time, scored against top league teams and improved over the couple of years?

He was maybe not worth more than say £1m as he had only played half a season, plus a handful v Prem opposition, of games against full time players. However if we had held on for another few years that value would have rocketed as he showed in they games that he had what it takes and is still extremely young. He carried a team full of very experienced players and had already received a Scotland call up.

I will agree....potentially he could have increased in value but as of now, he was valued correctly and sold correctly. Look at the kid Fyvie that just got released from Wigan...folks thought he was the next best thing out of Scotland too but that didn't work out so well. Its a gamble and hindsight will be 20/20

I will agree....potentially he could have increased in value but as of now, he was valued correctly and sold correctly. Look at the kid Fyvie that just got released from Wigan...folks thought he was the next best thing out of Scotland too but that didn't work out so well. Its a gamble and hindsight will be 20/20

He was sold correctly?

There is a bit of stooshie developing about Rangers and their signing of players on loan from Newcastle United. The SPFL Rules on Temporary Transfers (as they call loans) are typically confusing.

58 (i) states no more than 4 loan players at any one time.

58 (ii) states no more than one loanee who is not an under 21 player at any one time

58(iii) states no more than two players who are not under 21s can be played during a season

58 (iv) states no more than one loanee from a club in the same division

58 (v) states no more than two loanees from a club in a different division

58 )iv) states no more than three loanees from any club.

60 states no more than 5 loanees between 1st July and the following 30th June.

You'll notice though that there is no reference made to cross border signings and, as is always the case, the devil is in the detail. FIFA rules state that there is no limit to the number of loan signings from foreign countries.

No doubt we wont be allowed them for some made up reason!