Rangers Sign Five Newcastle Players On Loan.

PromDeAnglais

How can we be getting 5 players on loan from Newcastle when there is a restriction of 2 players from any one club from a different division?

A maximum of 2 players over 21 too?

I think someone may have already posted earlier saying there was no issues with this and SSN reporter has just reiterated there are no issues in this regard

To clarify a few queries on the @RangersFC loanees - there's no limit to the number of players that can be brought in on cross border loans

FYI, any fans wanting to know about the 2 player rule.

That is only teams under the same FA.

There is no restrictions on the number of players you can loan across the borders. This is UEFA policy and not down to individual FAs.

Admin, I'm having an early night so feel free to update the title/opening post as news filters in.

Quite chuffed I was 5 hours ahead of SSN today ;)

I swear some of you seem to be going out of your way to find negatives in us possibly improving our absolutely shit squad.

totally bizarre.

I have no problem with our squad being strengthened at all!

We all know it needs a major overhaul but I do have a problem with, at what cost?

These loan players that Ashley is providing from Newcastle will cost us wages and I am pretty sure that the wages will be in far excess of what our current overpaid squad gets.

So where does the money come from?

The loan?

If so I honestly see a problem in that we will default at some stage and then what?

The penalty clauses kick in?

So yes I do have a problem with not the strengthening of the team but the means as to how and why?

How can we be getting 5 players on loan from Newcastle when there is a restriction of 2 players from any one club from a different division?

A maximum of 2 players over 21 too?

the scum had 5 players on loan during the 1st half of the season .......we will probably be restricted to 2 though

who exactly is 'buzzing' about it? from what I've read most are just happy to see some players come in that are hopefully an improvement on the shower we have just now.

stop picking holes trying to find negatives

Hows it not a negative?

Their fringe players from a middle of the road team...

'Anybody would be better than this shower...'

Players are brought in...

'Fucksake how far have we fallen why are people celebrating..'

This is purely because it's Ashley. I can only see this as a positive, the more competition the better. Hopefully a new Manager comes in and looks at our youth as well and picks a team with the best 11 players.

The issue is not these players being brought in, it's the Management team and current players who continue to serve us fucking dross.

Hows it not a negative?

Their fringe players from a middle of the road team...

a middle of the road team from a league that pisses all over the SPFL.

some people need to realise that we don't attract big name players anymore

You mean the youth team that beat hearts in the scottish cup final last season? The Hearts starting xi had something like 300 first team appearences between them.

The youth team that lost out on the league title on the final week of the season?

Kids that have EPL experience? There's about 20 games between them. One of the guys touted for a move has played one professional game in his career- and that's in the swiss league.

If our youths are so good why are they not getting any game time? I believe there is some quality in our youths and young Lewis and Telfer have proven to be a relative success thus far but for whatever reason they simply aren't getting a chance. I also believe there is a fairly good chance of some of the youths just not being good enough too but we maybe appear to think they'll be better by default purely on the basis of how poorly our general first 11 are!