***the Official Rangers Vs Raith Rovers Match Thread***

it would be different IMO if the current team were any good.

id see all five, plus a few of our youths playing if possible.

... And if we got beat - looked like a shambles because no one had played together would you accept that? Blame macDowell for not making them An instant team? All these assumptions are based on us winning - but we all know ( if we put our anger aside for a minute) that it isn't as easy as throwing 11 new players in the park

Am quite excited to watch this with a hope that at least 2 of the new guys play. I expect to see 3 start and 1 or 2 (if Streete passes the fitness test) subbed around the 70min mark.

Realistically, I can see us playing two of the Newcastle players. Ferguson will probably start at left midfield instead of Smith and either Bigirimana or Vuckic will play alongside Law.

Other than that it will probably be the same team. Would like to see them all start though.

... And if we got beat - looked like a shambles because no one had played together would you accept that? Blame macDowell for not making them An instant team? All these assumptions are based on us winning - but we all know ( if we put our anger aside for a minute) that it isn't as easy as throwing 11 new players in the park

Do you actually watch the games? We've looked like a shambles all year. Because we've had poor quality players on the park all year and poor management in the dug out. Yes, that's Ally McCoist and Kenny McDowall. We've finally got some better standard of players in and I completely agree with the rest of the comments I'd give them all a game if available and some of the youth guys, who've just came off a great win v a pretty strong Hearts side. If by some great miracle he does this I reckon we'll thump Raith.

Or just go with the same old rubbish week after week.

Let's say you have two unknown items in a box in front of you and someone told you to close your eyes, pick one item from the box and hit yourself in the head with it. It turns out to be a hammer and you smash three teeth out your skull. Then you were told to hit yourself again with either the hammer, or the other unknown item in the box. What would you choose?

Do you actually watch the games? We've looked like a shambles all year. Because we've had poor quality players on the park all year and poor management in the dug out. Yes, that's Ally McCoist and Kenny McDowall. We've finally got some better standard of players in and I completely agree with the rest of the comments I'd give them all a game if available and some of the youth guys, who've just came off a great win v a pretty strong Hearts side. If by some great miracle he does this I reckon we'll thump Raith.

Or just go with the same old rubbish week after week.

How do you know they are better quality players?

R u guaranteeing a win with all these changes?

If you think our coaching is so bad then how do you expect these 5 to be quickly assimilated and bece a team?

I like that the squad is freshened up - I fully expect one or two of these loan players to get some game time - but folk thinking we can throw all 5 in - bring back zaluskis and introduce some youth and also purr like Barcelona are deluded.

Many appear to have the expectation that McDowell and his team of coaching incompetents will make wholesale changes to accommodate the 5 nrwcomers. Much as I would like to see that happen, I don't believe it will - unless, of course, he is forced to drop 5 of our 'regulars'.

I just can't see him dropping the likes of McCulloch and Black - hope I'm wrong and that he makes room for the five plus Gallagher.

Matters not a jot that I haven't seen the Newcastle lads play - they couldn't possibly be worse than the dross we have!

Its about time some real change was imposed upon the team, for months now we have had to sit and watch one abysmal performance after the other, players with no fight or passion and enough is enough Ally was too much of a coward to ring the changes and after the pathetic Old Firm performance and with the arrival of the Newcastle boys McDowell HAS to make some kind of statement.

If he doesnt start ALL 5 on Sunday then he is just as much of a pathetic coward McCoist was, playing his buddies and little favourites

Team should be .

Simonson

Mbabu

Streete

McGregor

Wallace

Bigirimana

Templeton

Shiels

Vuckic

Ferguson

Clark

Hopefully Bell will be back soon enough so we can get rid of that muppet Simonson as well.

People wanting all 5 loan players in while knowing very little about them and probably never having seen them play :lol: :lol:

Normally it would be crazy to want that but this is Rangers and the usual Rangers players are utter pish.

They all deserved to be dropped unless you accept what that shower of shite gave us at the weekend?

I take it Mckay can't play against us in this fixture? tbh, I'd quite like to see him again, I wouldn't mind if he did play.

As for our team, I'd be nothing short of amazed if these players aren't better than the current lot. most need to start or get some game time, I'd like to play all 5 as our team are completely drained of any fight, desire and ability. The only down side is, we still have the McCoist/Mcdowell training regime and way of thinking, that's hindering us more than any of the imposters on the field as far as I'm concerned.

I hope these players will, by and large, keep a hold of the values they've learned at Newcastle and ignore whatever our fitness coaches and ''gaffer'' tells them. Play the game you want to play, help the team out, work hard and you'll be forever liked at Rangers. Do not do what the vast majority have done over the last few years and accept mediocrity, a big pay packet for doing nothing but the bare minimum.

I'd line up

Any fucker

Mbabu Mcgregor Streete Wallace

Hutton Bigi

Vuckic Temps ferguson

Clark

That team will likely need some adjusting, not sure if Bigi is suited to playing deeper or further forward, what i saw of Vuckic(on youtube) he seemed to have the ability to pick a pass, have a shot on goal but would still drop deep for the ball, give it quickly then look for the return, exactly what we need. He could play holding and look to break forward.

Temps would be playing in behind the striker, imo, his best position, with the creativity of him, Vuckic and Ferguson, all able to interchange and create space.

How do you know they are better quality players?

R u guaranteeing a win with all these changes?

If you think our coaching is so bad then how do you expect these 5 to be quickly assimilated and bece a team?

I like that the squad is freshened up - I fully expect one or two of these loan players to get some game time - but folk thinking we can throw all 5 in - bring back zaluskis and introduce some youth and also purr like Barcelona are deluded.

Because I know some of them have played in the first team at Newcastle and for their country. The majority of our squad wouldn't even get close to getting a game for their first team. They're also well thought of by the youth coaches at Newcastle. And they would (hopefully) be replacing the likes of a nearly 37 year old Jig in defence, Ricky Foster, Kyle Hutton, Ian Black, Stevie Smith etc.!! Some junior boys would provide better quality than that.

Yes.

We would win in spite of the poor management, because the quality of our players would be better than the opposition. This has happened throughout our 'journey' from div 3. However, when we face better teams we constantly get outplayed because the level of our players get found out as does the management. Do you think the management standard has been good??

Haven't seen one person claim that we would 'purr like Barcelona' so you've just made that up. People just think we might see a bit of energy and pace in the team and a better standard of football than has been displayed by the overpaid journeyman in the team just now. If you constantly turn in bad performances you deserve to be dropped. Sometimes wonder if you even go to the games with your comments.

I'd start Murdoch, Sinnamon and Hardie. And if Bell isn't back, start one of the young keepers.

Not a bad shout! Would like to see them all involved in the squad, get some of the deadwood out. Hope Bell's back soon. Think we've got a young goalkeeper that's really well thought of, possibly Robbie McCrorie? Been linked to a host of big clubs. At 17 ish he's maybe slightly too young yet, though I'd still put him in before Simonsen! Not sure if we've got any other decent young keepers coming through?

Not a bad shout! Would like to see them all involved in the squad, get some of the deadwood out. Hope Bell's back soon. Think we've got a young goalkeeper that's really well thought of, possibly Robbie McCrorie? Been linked to a host of big clubs. At 17 ish he's maybe slightly too young yet, though I'd still put him in before Simonsen! Not sure if we've got any other decent young keepers coming through?

Liam Kelly's quite highly thought of I think.

Normally it would be crazy to want that but this is Rangers and the usual Rangers players are utter pish.

They all deserved to be dropped unless you accept what that shower of shite gave us at the weekend?

They may all deserve to be dropped - but bringing in 5 players we / you know fuck all about - might work - most likely wont!

I think its a good move the 5 are coming, it will bring competition, some of them might even be regulars, perhaps for years.

BUT to throw the 5 straight into there team based on the fact hey did NOT play last Sunday is just downright daft! (Mind you that might mean we will do just that!)

Because I know some of them have played in the first team at Newcastle and for their country. The majority of our squad wouldn't even get close to getting a game for their first team. They're also well thought of by the youth coaches at Newcastle. And they would (hopefully) be replacing the likes of a nearly 37 year old Jig in defence, Ricky Foster, Kyle Hutton, Ian Black, Stevie Smith etc.!! Some junior boys would provide better quality than that.

Yes.

We would win in spite of the poor management, because the quality of our players would be better than the opposition. This has happened throughout our 'journey' from div 3. However, when we face better teams we constantly get outplayed because the level of our players get found out as does the management. Do you think the management standard has been good??

Haven't seen one person claim that we would 'purr like Barcelona' so you've just made that up. People just think we might see a bit of energy and pace in the team and a better standard of football than has been displayed by the overpaid journeyman in the team just now. If you constantly turn in bad performances you deserve to be dropped. Sometimes wonder if you even go to the games with your comments.

I think the 5 players coming in is a good thing - it will create competition, some of them might even be better that what we have and 1 or 2 might even play in the first game.

The concept of throwing all 5 in, while never having seen them play, without them knowing the other players - that is folly!