Newcastle Lads To Play Every Game

PrsosPonytail

Well you attributed it to McCoist (at least that's who I'm guessing Al's mate is) saying he is to thank for it.

Yep, he was the manager and he was the one responsible for our football strategy. The board signed the cheques and that's something else they got wrong, but McCoist asked for the players

Yep, he was the manager and he was the one responsible for our football strategy. The board signed the cheques and that's something else they got wrong, but McCoist asked for the players

It would seem apparent that persons other than the Manager have been or are responsible for the football strategy, unless this is a completely new concept thought up today? It also seems apparent that someone other than the Manager has been or is responsible for asking for the players.

Difficult isn't it?

It would seem apparent that persons other than the Manager have been or are responsible for the football strategy, unless this is a completely new concept thought up today? It also seems apparent that someone other than the Manager has been or is responsible for asking for the players.

Difficult isn't it?

There has never been any indication from any source that McCoist didn't have full control over football matters.

If you're going to attempt to defend him at least provide some evidence

My original point was about a 9% shareholder having so much control over our club and I'd feel the same if King was doing the same with 14%. If Ashley owned us, I would understand it more but he doesn't.

I don't want any individual running the show. King is in the best place to get rid of the current board which is what I want so I am supporting his and his colleague's efforts to do that.

Well King is about to be calling shots with 14%, but again that seems ok for you as long as it's not 9% Ashley.

Neither of them should be in control, if Ashley wants us he has to back off sell Newcastle then come back to the table. King should just stay away period.

Cmon mate .If that is the case then this board is more fucked up than I thought .Listen your either Ashley or King IMO .There is no middle ground and if your not for King ..You can dream on with these crooks ever thinking of the Rangers fans .

There is Middle ground it's called being a Rangers fan and neither of the current options are worth a fuck as they stand.

There has never been any indication from any source that McCoist didn't have full control over football matters.

If you're going to attempt to defend him at least provide some evidence

No it's easier just to attack a man who has lived and breathed Rangers for his whole life.

Cmon mate .If that is the case then this board is more fucked up than I thought .Listen your either Ashley or King IMO .There is no middle ground and if your not for King ..You can dream on with these crooks ever thinking of the Rangers fans .

Its fucked up because people don't choose sides and would rather just concentrate on what's good for Rangers, whoever or whatever that may be?

Would be amazing if everyone could take a step back from whichever side they are on and look at this objectively.

Just for a moment, imagine your thoughts on any other club in the world and if you heard that this was happening there what your view would be of the situation.

Would be amazing if everyone could take a step back from whichever side they are on and look at this objectively.

Just for a moment, imagine your thoughts on any other club in the world and if you heard that this was happening there what your view would be of the situation.

Exactly!

We used to rip the cunt out of teams like Hearts with Romanov, for example, who had a Chairman or Chief Exec picking the players. It's absolutely ridiculous.

I have absolutely no complaints or qualms about replacing players in the match day squad, it absolutely must be the case considering the way our team has performed over a long period of time. It needs freshened up.

However, there is a way to go about things and this is not it. This is a ridiculous situation. I absolutely can see why folk want these players starting ahead of the likes of Black, Hutton, Foster. However, this is not how I want to see Rangers run as a football club. These people are supposed to be taking care of the business side of things, the only reason we don't have a manager capable of taking care of the footballing side of things is because of THEIR own failure off the park. They should have no say in who is picked and who isn't.

I should also point out that 90% of the people on here, including myself, have yet to see any of these players play. To suggest that they should walk right into the squad is just as ridiculous as saying Ian Black and co should remain on the field for the rest of the season. These players might not be up to the required standard or have the mentality to play for this club either! They have to prove it. Just because the squad needs freshened up, by god it does, does not mean these players walk into the squad and stay in it.

No it's easier just to attack a man who has lived and breathed Rangers for his whole life.

A man who ruined us with three and a half years of his awful management and is still getting payed by the club as we speak.

I'll attack anyone for that regardless of their history.

I want the current board punted so no idea what sides has got to do with it

We used to rip the cunt out of teams like Hearts with Romanov, for example, who had a Chairman or Chief Exec picking the players. It's absolutely ridiculous.

I have absolutely no complaints or qualms about replacing players in the match day squad, it absolutely must be the case considering the way our team has performed over a long period of time. It needs freshened up.

However, there is a way to go about things and this is not it. This is a ridiculous situation. I absolutely can see why folk want these players starting ahead of the likes of Black, Hutton, Foster. However, this is not how I want to see Rangers run as a football club. These people are supposed to be taking care of the business side of things, the only reason we don't have a manager capable of taking care of the footballing side of things is because of THEIR own failure off the park. They should have no say in who is picked and who isn't.

I should also point out that 90% of the people on here, including myself, have yet to see any of these players play. To suggest that they should walk right into the squad is just as ridiculous as saying Ian Black and co should remain on the field for the rest of the season. These players might not be up to the required standard or have the mentality to play for this club either! They have to prove it. Just because the squad needs freshened up, by god it does, does not mean these players walk into the squad and stay in it.

would you trust McDowall to make the right decision and play these guys - if they were decent - at his own behest over and above the guys already there? he said himself he backed every decision ally ever made.

If the answer is no, then the board have done the correct thing.

Well King is about to be calling shots with 14%, but again that seems ok for you as long as it's not 9% Ashley.

Neither of them should be in control, if Ashley wants us he has to back off sell Newcastle then come back to the table. King should just stay away period.

No, he would be a board member which is perfectly acceptable for someone with 14%. I mean Ashley's 9% gets him Llambias and Leach on the board.

You're trying your best to make it a King or Ashley thing, as quite a few seem desperate to do, but King would be one board member and I very much doubt he would have a say in team selection or have a stranglehold over our retail money while drip-feeding us loans.

And I get the feeling you're going to be disappointed with regards to your last sentence.

We used to rip the cunt out of teams like Hearts with Romanov, for example, who had a Chairman or Chief Exec picking the players. It's absolutely ridiculous.I have absolutely no complaints or qualms about replacing players in the match day squad, it absolutely must be the case considering the way our team has performed over a long period of time. It needs freshened up.However, there is a way to go about things and this is not it. This is a ridiculous situation. I absolutely can see why folk want these players starting ahead of the likes of Black, Hutton, Foster. However, this is not how I want to see Rangers run as a football club. These people are supposed to be taking care of the business side of things, the only reason we don't have a manager capable of taking care of the footballing side of things is because of THEIR own failure off the park. They should have no say in who is picked and who isn't.I should also point out that 90% of the people on here, including myself, have yet to see any of these players play. To suggest that they should walk right into the squad is just as ridiculous as saying Ian Black and co should remain on the field for the rest of the season. These players might not be up to the required standard or have the mentality to play for this club either! They have to prove it. Just because the squad needs freshened up, by god it does, does not mean these players walk into the squad and stay in it.

I agree in general with your post, but just how are they meant to prove it when we know fine well that McDowall won't drop his Teflon11 for anybody and that includes our own players as well.

No, he would be a board member which is perfectly acceptable for someone with 14%. I mean Ashley's 9% gets him Llambias and Leach on the board.

You're trying your best to make it a King or Ashley thing, as quite a few seem desperate to do, but King would be one board member and I very much doubt he would have a say in team selection or have a stranglehold over our retail money while drip-feeding us loans.

And I get the feeling you're going to be disappointed with regards to your last sentence.

You seem to be taking a very slanted view towards King in your view, which doesn't surprise me.

With King every chance mate, but you know what I'll keep going and watching my team without calling for boycotts and wanting to strangle the club of funds. I will also watch King like a hawk because eventually he will get us in the shit again.