Rangers Lp's

The Widow's Son

Recall I had a nice Rangers LP with a colour picture of the first team and reserves on the front. Don't recall many of the tracks or indeed what I did with the album. Also remember a single with the first team singing along to the tune of "We're No Awa' Tae Bide Awa'". They must be collectors items these days, maybe worth a few shillings or two. Does anyone else remember these items or any other Lps?

Recall I had a nice Rangers LP with a colour picture of the first team and reserves on the front. Don't recall many of the tracks or indeed what I did with the album. Also remember a single with the first team singing along to the tune of "We're No Awa' Tae Bide Awa'". They must be collectors items these days, maybe worth a few shillings or two. Does anyone else remember these items or any other Lps?

The famous Glasgow Rangers is sung to We' re no awa to bide awa

As I was walking down the Copland Road

I met a group of strangers

And they said to me

We're going to see

The famous Glasgow Rangers

It was also on the Follow Follow LP by " The Blue Boys of Ibrox" on the Hallmark label

Which I remember my dad getting out of Woolies for 17/6d

Sure that LP was called Glory Glory. Songs on it included The Sash, Derry's Walls, The Green Grassy Slopes Of The Boyne and The Orange And Blue.

Loved it!

I was given an LP as a kid....had a royal blue cover with te 'Aye Ready' crest on it...maybe a rosette?? Fuckin loved it. God knows what happened to it.....this was end of the 70's early 80's.

Edit: Found it online: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GLASGOW-RANGERS-Follow-Follow-Rangers-Tribute-LP-to-the-Great-Glasgow-Team-1968-/161544598733?pt=UK_Records&hash=item259ccef4cd

Yep used to buy mines at a music shop in Paisley where you could actually listen before buying. You could even buy Orange tunes remember an LP with King Billy on the cover

• 2 years later...