Official Rangers Vs Cowdenbeath Pre Match Thread

The way this is going there seems to me to be more than a possibility that we may not even make a play off place. The implosion in form and confidence is gaining momentum. There is zero evidence of any likelihood of a reversal of form and transformation into a winning team capable of at least giving it a shot in play offs.

The team, led by the caretaker manager and his coaches, have given up. They are just turning up to play games and slinking away again to MP out of the way of everything to do the same again for the next game. Clock watching until the end of the season. They know they are finished. We know they are finished. The rest of the Championship know they are finished. Even the new Board know they are finished. They just can't do it. The best King could come up with is to hope that energy and enthusiasm and a return of bigger crowds at Ibrox might help do the trick. No official surrender of course - there never could be - but all the hallmarks are there from this team and the manager.

The worst Rangers team in the history of the Club. And the new Board has inherited it. And it seems the new Board will do nothing of any substance about it for the rest of this season. They are pinning their bets on a fresh start for next season - a clearout of players, a clearout of manager and coaches, a new manager and a policy of building from within existing resources with a smaller squad and maybe some players who might be prepared to join this pressure cooker of a Club. How many years to build a team to be proud of? Don't know. Because if the Board make a choice of manager who can't handle the promotion pressure and who in turn can't lead a team to handle that pressure then we are here for a while. And costs would have to be cut accordingly at Ibrox.

Wonder what King will have to say about today.

King and co have surely seen how bad we've been, the EGM result was forecast to be going their way for some time now, yes the Managers job is vitally important but why have they not been speaking to someone , so come the EGM we would have a guy in place that could get us playing some football again and at least challenge in the league.

All we hear is it will take time, time we don't have, this could have been sorted.

That appears to be the truth...

Oh believe me it is the truth. Led by the unshaven club employee who attended the egm without even donning a club tie because he sees himself as bigger than the club.

Mind u considering the idiots that cheered him yesterday he may just be bigger than rangers.

Some of the players Ally bought never had any tools to down, they were just his pals. The ones that were capable lost the tools years ago and yes they were employed cause they were his pals again.

It has to fucking stop with the next manager surely to fuck

True, but McCoist is long gone but sadly McDowell in the dugout has made no difference whatsoever and his soundbytes are soul destroying.....these wage stealers are given the impression mediocrity is accepted. Sadly, King's statements yesterday of bringing back what 'the old Rangers' and a bit of pride about what this club is all about has fallen on deaf ears as far as the playing squad is concerned. There's unemployed guys out there that surely could do much better than KM. I wouldn't repay Ashley's money in the short term as that's likely to have an early redemption penalty...use money to pay these wasters off from the dugout and cut ties with them once and for all.

It may be harsh but they are now in the hot seat and they have to move fast. It is not acceptable to let things drift any further in the football dept. They have to get a new manager in now.

No manager on earth could turn it around ,forget it.these bastards have given up and they know that whoever the new manager is he will bullet them at the end of the season.play the youth team till the end of the season ,they will not get relegated and the new man can start with a clean slate.

I have just resigned myself to thinking about the play offs. hopefully by the time they come about there has ben a drastic change in coaching staff. However, having that shower to work with, I doubt Alex ferguson and jose mourinho rolled into one, could do any better.

I honestly thought that it would be impossible to find someone more inept than McCoist to take charge of team affairs.

Typically, I was proved wrong.

Thank f*ck for regime change.

Hopefully McDowall is offski sometime this week.