Stuart Mccall Becomes Manager Till End Of Season.

STEPPS BOY

3 years though? And if it doesn't work, who is going to pick up the bill again? A year extension would be more appropriate. And not this rolling year shite either.

Need a manager long term to build. Not really meaning the three year contract though just a longer term one.

No he doesn't. Getting Rangers promoted from the championship with the second highest wage bill in the country does not make you deserve a 3 year deal.

The fact he has been given a short term deal says that he isn't the man the board want long term, thankfully.

I'll be seriously gutted if McCall stays longer than the end of the season, no matter how he does.

What utter pish. Have you seen us play?

The fact that you don't want him even if he gets us up just because he's not the man you wanted is stupid.

Not my first choice but if he gets this shambles of an overpriced team up then he's the man for the job.

The fact that you don't want him even if he gets us up just because he's not the man you wanted is stupid.

Not my first choice but if he gets this shambles of an overpriced team up then he's the man for the job.

It isn't pish.

I'm sure the board won't agree to that either.

Cant complain with that but would rather it to be 1 or 2 years, just in case things don't work out, if he gets us up I cant argue. Wtf will happen with Jig is he not still a coach, hope he gets told to GTF.

I've seen us play. I've not seen us play under a manager though. Walter Smith, Billy Davies etc would get us promoted, not that I want them in but they would. It's not like McCall is the only man who can and therefore we must bow down to his conditions.

We certainly should not be giving McCall 3 years for getting us promoted.

He is not the man anyone should want and I'm glad he isn't the man this board want long term. We need someone who will come in and completely change our footballing philosophy and revamp the club like Warburton, Cathro etc. Not Stuart McCall, the unemployed ex Motherwell manager.

Short term yes, long term most certainly not. (tu)

What isn't pish Ben?

He's being offered a short term deal for a reason. We aren't giving him it for a laugh, we want him to get us up, but we want a different type of Manager in charge of us in the long term. There's no point offering him a short term deal, but giving him a 3 year deal if he gets us up!!

We need to start planning for next season talking budgets etc so Stuart should be given that job changing again this summer puts those plans in doubt.. I hope he gets in for 2year n is allowed to build for future.

I hope now they have their short term man in place they get down to business regarding the long term manager. Assess their options, sound out their man and come to an agreement with him by around the middle of April. That gives the chosen man time to assess our squad, club etc before the season is finished.

I've seen us play. I've not seen us play under a manager though. Walter Smith, Billy Davies etc would get us promoted, not that I want them in but they would. It's not like McCall is the only man who can and therefore we must bow down to his conditions.

We certainly should not be giving McCall 3 years for getting us promoted.

He is not the man anyone should want and I'm glad he isn't the man this board want long term. We need someone who will come in and completely change our footballing philosophy and revamp the club like Warburton, Cathro etc. Not Stuart McCall, the unemployed ex Motherwell manager.

Short term yes, long term most certainly not. (tu)

I don't think he should get a three year deal but he deserves a chance long term if he gets promotion with these players who still seem to be being cut some slack for some reason.

Cathro i don't get one bit.

He's being offered a short term deal for a reason. We aren't giving him it for a laugh, we want him to get us up, but we want a different type of Manager in charge of us in the long term. There's no point offering him a short term deal, but giving him a 3 year deal if he gets us up!!

If he achieves what is asked of him he should not be let go.

I don't think he should get a three year deal but he deserves a chance long term if he gets promotion with these players who still seem to be being cut some slack for some reason.

Cathro i don't get one bit.

He may well deserve one in a fair world, but he shouldn't get one.

He is not what Rangers Football Club needs when the real rebuilding of the footballing side begins.

If he achieves what is asked of him he should not be let go.

What is the point in a short term appointment then? Promotion should be the expectation for anyone coming in, no matter how long they are there for. That doesn't mean we should just give them a contract for the next 3 years.

He may well deserve one in a fair world, but he shouldn't get one.

He is not what Rangers Football Club needs when the real rebuilding of the footballing side begins.

Why not if he turns this squad around.

If this is a short-term deal then fair enough but we have to move away from employing ex-players in the coaching staff

Fresh ideas are desperately needed and i fear nothing will change under SMC..

What is the point in a short term appointment then? Promotion should be the expectation for anyone coming in, no matter how long they are there for. That doesn't mean we should just give them a contract for the next 3 years.

Should it be?

No 3 year contracts no.

Why not if he turns this squad around.

Because this club needs revamped from top to bottom.

Everything at our club is wrong, our philosophy, our lack of scouting, our lack of youth development, our coaching and much, much more.

Stuart McCall and Kenny Black are not the men to come in and turn all that around.

If Stuart gives us attacking football I'll be over the fucking moon. 4-4-2 with proper width would be amazing. I've grown so sick of our negative tactics over the years. We have the players to go and attack so have the balls to try.

Because this club needs revamped from top to bottom.

Everything at our club is wrong, our philosophy, our lack of scouting, our lack of youth development, our coaching and much, much more.

Stuart McCall and Kenny Black are not the men to come in and turn all that around.

This is not a fact.