Stuart Mccall Becomes Manager Till End Of Season.

STEPPS BOY

If Stuart comes in on a short term deal, the players might not think they need to cave to his demands because he'll be out the door soon. On the other hand there'll be a big incentive for him because if he does a cracking job he'll be kept on. There's no way he (or anyone apart from Walter) would take the job if it didn't mean they'd have a chance at a long term deal. It would be madness to give up a solid position with Scotland to manage us for 3 months unless he could strike a deal to stay on with them regardless.

Not sure this flimsy, half-committed set up will provide the shot in the arm this team needs, but would be a massive relief to get KM out of the dugout and would surely be a giant improvement.

This post just confims my fears. I'd take McCall on a short-term basis. In the long-run I think we could do better. If McCall comes in and we go up people will want him to stay and I don't think he's right for us long-term. Has McCall ever won anything as a manager? We could possibly get a guy who's won the Bundesliga.

I think you are underestimating how difficult a job it would be to get us promoted.

I wouldn't be confident that mourinho could turn our lot around.

Is McCall my ideal long term manager ? No. But he is the logical short term option that we badly need. If he got us promoted he would have demonstrated an excellent set of coaching skills and man management.

If he fails, nothing lost

I am absolutely sure he is not looking for it. But there is a difference between looking and being asked.

He wont be asked to come back either he's happily retired and I highly doubt the board will consider him unless absolutely desperate.

This post just confims my fears. I'd take McCall on a short-term basis. In the long-run I think we could do better. If McCall comes in and we go up people will want him to stay and I don't think he's right for us long-term. Has McCall ever won anything as a manager? We could possibly get a guy who's won the Bundesliga.

:lol: :lol:

That same guy that has won fuck all in British football and got Fulham relegated ? Pass.

I think you are underestimating how difficult a job it would be to get us promoted.

I wouldn't be confident that mourinho could turn our lot around.

It's not as hard as you might think. We have a game in hand and if we win it we'll go above Hibs. As shite as we are point for point Hibs are worse.

Ally and Kenny have knocked the wind out of everyone and I understand that. I feel the same way. However, coming in and getting this squad promoted doesn't require a manager of Murinho's quality. It just requires someone who is competent.

How's your chance to shine Stuart. You had better bring size 15 boots with you as a lot of arses are needed kicked. Best of luck and get some spirit back into those useless fuckers. Don't envy you or your task but if you can turn this around your cv will look amazing.

Best of British to you.

He wont be asked to come back either he's happily retired and I highly doubt the board will consider him unless absolutely desperate.

I agree 100% he deserves to be left alone and I in no way support bringing him back, but to be honest I'm not as convinced he's happily retired. You know what these things are like - people miss the crowds, the excitement and the adoration. Maybe he's gagging to come back but family and other commitments mean he's torn. You never know.

He said he enjoys his role with Scotland and that he wouldn't be keen to give that up so maybe the compromise is come in until the Summer as a number one, drop down to number two to whoever takes over this Summer and you can combine that role with your Scotland coaching job next season.