***the Official Rangers V Alloa Match Thread***

Bear cub1

The Ally effect is rubbing off on this thread. Everyone seems to have Walsh on the left. He is a center mid and plays well there for the development squad. However I think he started there because we lack some serious pace on the wings. Maybe he will adopt that position but I would love him playing in the middle or behind the striker.

I think it is the same with Aird, I think he is a centre mid as well, Correct me if I am wrong.

I would bring back barry mckay because he is a natural winger, I think

Walsh started off his youth career at CM, he has however played a large number of games both on the right and left wing for the youths and excelled in that position, he is too good in an advanced position utilizing his pace and skill to be kept as an ordinary CM, Barrie McKay started as a striker but is probably best as a winger but he probably can't be brought back so it's irrelevant unfortunetley, Aird has never in a million years been a CM he was always a wide player.

Somehow I don't think Jig, boyd nor miller will be dropped.

If they are then great. Mccall has hinted at change though so who knows.

I think 3 up front would be better for us unless he finds 2 strikers working exceptionally well together.

Little and Jig used to pair up really well in div 3 then Ally changed it for some reason. Either that or they were poor and just looked like they played well together?

Good to hear McCall is trying out new formations in training. It's clear 4-4-2 isn't work, unless he moves our midfield into a diamond, I'd be happy to see that tried. But I would prefer a 4-2-3-1.

Robinson

Sinnamon Zaliukas McGregor Wallace

Crawford Hutton

Templeton Shiels Walsh

Gallagher

It's simple for me - the vast majority of our current senior players don't deserve to be on the bench let alone the starting eleven.

I'd give youth a chance, we've seen in Murdoch and Walsh how hungry they are - let's make the most of that. I'd play:

Robinson

Sinnamon Mcgregor Halkett Wallace

Temps Shiels Murdoch Walsh

Gallagher Hardie

this is another must win game, we must take 3 points, & hopefully another 3 points against Hibs, anything less i fear for us even finishing 4th.

i will not give a team selection, i will defer to Stuart, but his comments on freshening things up are encouraging, pity K.McD never changed much apart from Black.

Our lack of quality striking options is dire. I don't know if this will be the team, I don't even know if it's the team if pick. I just like the football pitch thing!160315205137.png

I'd take he front line but perhaps give temps the central role, Darren Ramsay on the right and Walsh left. I'd play McKay if he'd been around. Agree with Gallagher up front and Hardie on the bench to get a go.

Hutton has gone back to how he was so perhaps black deserves a shot under McCall.

For the back line if rather see Sinnamon at RB, McGregor and Halkett CB and Wallace LB. If we'd had Gasparotto he'd been in, if street was fit he'd be in.

It will be intriguing to see how brave McCall is to change the team around and the formation played.

Right back and under-20 captain Ryan Sinnamon, attacker Calum Gallagher and hitman Ryan Hardie all took part in today's sessions at Murray Park as Stuart McCall continues to run the rule over the players he has at his disposal.

Hope to see Sinnamon and Gallagher starting.

http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/8833-chances-to-be-grasped

It certainly sounds like McCall is going to give youth a chance which can only be a good thing.

Long Overdue and a policy that we all hopes works - so that we never ever

have the situation we have had to put up with on the pitch

due to past mis -mangement

Hope any young lads get extra encouragement & Patience from the fans

that are seen in the coming months.

Why would a team that had won 17 of 20 before McCoist quit suddenly lose their ability to compete? I don't mean play good football but just to do enough to win the game.
Something happened at that time that has completely scunnered that dressing room. If McCall can find out what it was maybe he can yet turn this lot around. I just wonder how they could become so bad.

That 'new formation will be a 4132 with jig in the holding role - Boyd and Clarke upfront - law, Walsh and black as the 3 - mcgregor, zalushas and Wallace at the back and ???? At right back ( don't know enough about who is left who can play there)

3-0 comeback begins!