***the Official Rangers V Alloa Match Thread***

Bear cub1

This game and the Hibs game are both must wins if we have any hope of finishing second.

We always seem to struggle against Alloa for some reason so this will be no walk in the park.

If McCall is brave, I can see the team looking something like this:

_________________Robinson________________

__Sinnamon__Zaliukas__McGregor__Wallace__

__Templeton___Law____Murdoch____Walsh____

____________Miller____Boyd_______________

OR:

________________Robinson_________________

__Sinnamon__Zaliukas__McGregor__Wallace__

_________Law____Hutton____Murdoch________

___Templeton______Boyd_________Walsh_____

Depending on which formation he goes with.

I disagree - why would you play Boyd? He is finished. He no longer is the penalty box poacher he once was and this has been proven this season. I would not have him anywhere near the squad. I would go with pace and play with some of the youngsters we are developing at Murray Park

Sitting in work with a mix of excitement and sheer dread at the thought of the team.

I'm hoping Sinnamon, Temps and Murdoch comes into the sqaud, with Walsh keeping his place. I think i've posted my team in another thread but I'd go for a 4-3-3 with Temps inbehind the strikers, drifting left or right hand side when needed.

Robinson

Sinnamon Mcgrgeor Zal Wallace

Law Hutton Murdoch

Temps Gallagher Walsh

Or 4-2-3-1

Robinson

Sinnamon Mcgrgeor Zal Wallace

Hutton Murdoch

Walsh Shiels Temps

Gallagher

I think at most there will be 3 or 4 changes. 2 he is forced to make with Vuckic and Faure out injured. He isn't going to make wholesale changes in his 1st or 2nd game. He will assess each position and look to see what can be improved with what he has at his disposal. And with a dearth of choices in defence i am not expecting to see many changes at the back. Only one looks to be Bell returning from injury going by his comments in the media. Most managers go with the train of thought that experience is crucial in the defence. Midfield and up front they can be a bit more adventurous.

So is it going to be Templeton for Vuckic and Sinnamon or McGregor at RB.

I have a feeling Black will return tonight and Hutton will be dropped. I just can't see him dropping Law having worked closely with him at Motherwell.

One other change may be up front with Shiels maybe looked at in place of Clark.

the change I would like to see at the very least is for McCulloch to not play CB - I think it would make a massive difference to our play even without any other changes.

Adapting the formation and a change up front for some pace would be nice but it would be interesting just to see the improvement without jig hanging around the 6 yard box

I believe that Walsh can play down the right so I've put Templeton on the left wing.

If match fit I'd play Bell in goals.

170315120414.png

It will be one winger. Our midfield was over run by fecking Livingston on Saturday because we played with two wide men. I think it will be tighter in the middle as a result.

We need to play with one upfront, Playing with two has hurt us all season!

Agree - we are struggling playing with 2 strikers at this level. Playing with a CF up top and pacy wingers is the way to go. This is a must win if we are to finish second or third. Given Hibs form over last 10 games of so u would have to say we are more likely to finish third. I fear playing them at ER but am dreading playing Hearts even more. They are really going to hurt us :-(

Depressing seeing this comment in a home game against Alloa.

Tell's it's own story though.

The modern day game has evolved and the traditional two striker set up has been replaced with one finisher (in our case Boyd) supported by 3 pacey, attack minded midfielders. For me the likes of Walsh and Templeton fit that profile and in the absence of Vuckic I believe Shiels is our next best No.10 in the "second striker" position just in front of two sitting midfielders.

If we get the service to Boyd and provide him with enough support then only having one recognised striker won't matter.

The modern day game has evolved and the traditional two striker set up has been replaced with one finisher (in our case Boyd) supported by 3 pacey, attack minded midfielders. For me the likes of Walsh and Templeton fit that profile and in the absence of Vuckic I believe Shiels is our next best No.10 in the "second striker" position just in front of two sitting midfielders.

If we get the service to Boyd and provide him with enough support then only having one recognised striker won't matter.

Mate it's Alloa ffs.

:lol: