***the Official Rangers V Alloa Match Thread***

Bear cub1

Well it sure as fuck is going to take some salesmanship to sell STs for next season in the Championship on the back of form implosion and the sheer disrespect the players are showing to the Support by continuing to do their best to fail to achieve. Would a massive clearout and the new long term manager (whoever that is to be in replacing McCall) do the trick?

Even the most obvious salesman we've seen (Charles Green) could not sell STs of any volume on the back of the sort of stuff we're seeing. What the fuck does whoever on the Board is going to do the selling actually say to the Support to convince them to turn up in numbers at Ibrox week after week? What promise does that person make? What credible deliverable vision does he hold out to the Support? Will he get his shoe leather worn doing the rounds of Supporters Clubs to talk to fans face to face and to put the case directly to them? Or will we see a media campaign, emails, RTV articles, press statements and 'distance' selling with the only real appeal being to loyalty. Now loyalty may be more than enough for many, maybe even most ST holders. But does the Board really know the mood of the Support and what that mood might be if we have to endure more of this pish poor play and results for the rest of the season? Can anyone really see Murray or King grabbing the leadership mantle and leading from the front, out there inspiring the Support to believe that the worst is over and the recovery has begun (again)? I cant. Its not there style is it?

So are they playing with fire? Allowing this season to fritter away - rely on the clearout of failures to create a big reduction in costs - bring in a new long term manager who holds some sort of credibility that he might deliver in time - commit to building from youth with fewer experienced players brought in - change the nature of the Club to recognise that first it must aspire to mediocrity then to a level of competitiveness that gets promotion and then - eventually (how many years?) to a level of being competitive in the top flight. And in doing so risking Rangers becoming more and more irrelevant as a major force in Scottish Football? Which is where the SPL lot wanted us in organising our being dumped to div 3.

Well M King and Mr Murray. I think you said (after a fashion) that it would not be easy. But did you think it might be this difficult or become even more difficult? I for one am still waiting to see the plan to lead us back to the top flight and back to the top of the top flight I mean the detailed, funded plan not the aspirational statements made to win elections to the Board. And now that the Board seats are won - who (I wonder) is going to be the person that sells us the prospect of success for next season. Do step up to the plate and let's be hearing from you (don't leave it too long as you risk speaking to an emptying Ibrox).

Aye right mate

We are on a fuckin decline

We won't even get past the first play off game if we even get there

Unfortunately McCall seems to be just like clipboard and gets nothing from these muppets

We have dropped points against all the teams at the bottom.

Sunday, the season is well and truely over

Agree - sense at last

Just useless.

Absolutely flummoxed with it. What is the sense of this, I don't know anymore?!

I'm going to nab something Mitre Mouldmaster said (paraphrased a bit):

'Nobody could make such a mess of it by accident'.

I'm going to nab something Mitre Mouldmaster said (paraphrased a bit):

'Nobody could make such a mess of it by accident'.

Apparently I was wrong. Our players really are just fucking atrocious!

Probably due to 3 years of the worst training known to sport.

When McCall changed it and we went 3-5-2 I thought we played a lot better. The equaliser was terrible defending though.

I think if we dropped Jig there'd be a huge improvement.

Problem is that If we drop Jig, Moshni is likely to be his replacement. Its like choosing between Ebola and drowning in someones piss.

When McCall changed it and we went 3-5-2 I thought we played a lot better. The equaliser was terrible defending though.

I think if we dropped Jig there'd be a huge improvement.

Agree with both points here.

If McCall doesn't drop McCulloch after tonight then he only has himself to blame from here on in and i will have zero sympathy.

We are a fucking absolute joke.

Apparently I was wrong. Our players really are just fucking atrocious!

Probably due to 3 years of the worst training known to sport.

So it would appear, mate.

We're very much trapped in a situation where if it can go wrong, it will go wrong.

Anyone else think performance was much better tonight? And the players showed a bit more fight an determination. If daly starts tonite we win by 3 or 4. Boyd was atrocious and mcculoch too.

Only plus points for me were the following :-

1. Walsh looks a player

2. Zal is a half decent defender and a better option than McCulloch, although I suspect he is now injured.

3. Shiels can still possibly do a job for us till the end of the season.

I'm pished and I feel so drained . I'm sick of our cunt players they dont give a fuck bunch of chumps. I hope next season is 100% better. I am in rangers first. I have that silver badge I dont even know what it's for I think it's to vote people on to the board or something. I buy the strips each year. I don't know why I bother

Most could see it after malmo/Maribor

But chose to kid themselves on for years

Fat cunt has set us back a decade

Fuck you mccoist

Its because we were winning in the low leagues, and that was enough for some.. but I knew as soon as we would face a semi pro / pro team, we would be fucked, as we couldnt rely on superior fitness, as we sure as fuck couldnt rely on superior football.

Just back from the game and guess what the same old, same old, Alloa have two shots on goal all night and score with them where as we take a age to do anything, there's no movement , players who can't tackle , a gutless , spineless team, utter disgrace to be wearing the Glasgow Rangers Jersey. I hope in my lifetime we never have another Gers side as bad as this.

On his first day in the job McCall should have got the under 20's and the first team squads together , made them train or play against each other and say right lads show me what you got and then picked his team, but we see training still being a laugh and a joke, just like the team.

Not good enough, we deserve better.

Problem is that If we drop Jig, Moshni is likely to be his replacement. Its like choosing between Ebola and drowning in someones piss.

That's true. Although when Jig looked like he pulled up injured McCall sent Sinnamon to warm up so maybe he doesn't fancy Moshni. You're probably right though.