***the Official Rangers V Alloa Match Thread***

Bear cub1

That's true. Although when Jig looked like he pulled up injured McCall sent Sinnamon to warm up so maybe he doesn't fancy Moshni. You're probably right though.

Zal has done his groin by the looks of things though, so I dont expect to see him for, well ever!

Even the introduction of Sinnamon would mean that it would be McGreggor to CB with one of McCulloch or Moshni. I think introducing another kid into the back line along with Sinnamon would possibly be just a step too far.

How long must we endure this embarrassment? I'm raging at the depths we've sunk to. I could go on and analyse the problems that were left undealt with over the last three years but what's the point, it's all water under the bridge now.

McCall needs to devise a way to make sure firstly that we at least get a playoff place. That in itself seems a mountain to climb. But the only way I see us getting through the playoffs is if he fashions a completely new team compared to the imposters that are playing week in week out. He needs to be bold. If he is, I'll back him even if he fails. The one thing he mustn't do is persist with the current line up.

Was it Einstein that said madness is doing the same thing time and again and expecting to get a different result. Sound familiar?

Problem is that If we drop Jig, Moshni is likely to be his replacement. Its like choosing between Ebola and drowning in someones piss.

:lol: (& eeuugh, at the same time!)

Wasn't Mohsni a striker in a former life?

He's got more mobility than Daly & Boyd put together - give him a crack up front!

Anyone else think performance was much better tonight? And the players showed a bit more fight an determination. If daly starts tonite we win by 3 or 4. Boyd was atrocious and mcculoch too.

It was as shite as ever. When we went 2-1 up it was time to consolidate the lead but no, we gave away a shit goal because we keep employing managers who can't see we can't defend with 4 let alone 3 and that Jig and Boyd are fucking awful.

McCoists woeful approach has really fucked us big time. So much so that you couldn't see any manager making a half decent team out of that squad and fuck knows how Ally thought it was worth the second highest wage bill in Scotland.

He was the wrong choice by Walter. We didn't need a 50 year old rookie, we needed someone with a modern approach to the game who would use the lowest couple of leagues as a window to build a real team from youngsters.

Instead we got a fucking retirement home for old team sheets. Make no mistake, the damage he's done to this club is beyond anything anyone else has done.

I disagree - why would you play Boyd? He is finished. He no longer is the penalty box poacher he once was and this has been proven this season. I would not have him anywhere near the squad. I would go with pace and play with some of the youngsters we are developing at Murray Park

Agreed mate Boyd is done, I'd rather see jig up front before him.

It was obvious Alloa were going to score goals against us tonight due to how attacking we lined up, McCall needs to get us playing a 4-5-1 and stop the constant stream of goals we have been leaking all season.

I reckon he should have us playing 5-5-0 and keep it tight at back and midfield. Stop leaking goals and if we keep getting draws at least it's a point. Might be enough to keep QOS, Falkirk and Raith catching us :-(

Can I review my statements from yesterday?

Boyd's DONE !!

:angry:

:lol: Stick to your guns mate :P

I agree with you, he likely is done, he's lazy and offers very little, but he never has done, he's always been the same type of player, we still don't give him the ball with space, goal in front of him after being slipped in or the ball cut back. He had a couple of headers that were half chances, nothing clear cut imo.

Pull him out the team as we're not getting anywhere with him as a target man/focul point of our attack.

Too think we could have had a midfield of Aird, Murdoch, McLoud and Walsh. Gallacher up front with Clark, as for that back 4, Simmonen, McGregor, Zaliukas and Wallace please.....

Boyd, Law, Jig, Law, Daly are fucking wasters, they can go join Ally in the garden, enough shite there to fertilize the roses for years.

When the season started, I expected us to win the title, but still wanted McCoist out. Won't happen.

When Hearts ran away with it while McCoist screwed us up, I settled for second and the play offs. That is not going to happen.

Now I draw a line and expect us to be in the play offs. I refuse to believe we'll sink to sixth place. We're 16 points ahead of 6th placed Raith Rovers.

Again, over to you Stuart McCall to beat Hibs in May.

Is it not only 2,3 and 4 that make the play offs? In which case we are only 6 ahead of Falkirk!

Its because we were winning in the low leagues, and that was enough for some.. but I knew as soon as we would face a semi pro / pro team, we would be fucked, as we couldnt rely on superior fitness, as we sure as fuck couldnt rely on superior football.

Didn't we beat several full time teams when we were in D3?

Didn't we beat several full time teams when we were in D3?

We were unconvincing in the extreme for the majority of that season.. and the next... and this one. We did beat Motherwell, who were top of the SPL at the time, but thats the Cup for you.....the Dundee United results showed that later on - they didnt even break a sweat as they brushed us aside.