Cricket

I have been busy with the new job, so didn't get a chance to see too much of the England v New Zealand Test. Just caught up on the highlights and I am well impressed with the dig and fight shown by Cook & Co..Some good performances and a decent foundation to build on. Just got to hope it doesn't all go pear shaped in the next Test. Looking ahead to the Ashes they will have to find another 50% to give the Aussies a decent game. Should be a right good Summer for Test Cricket..

• 2 weeks later...

That was a brilliant series and Adil Rashid showed he is good enough to play for England.

Pakistan just beat Sri Lanka in a test match in Sri Lanka for the first time since 2006.

Yasir Shah is superb. Establishing himself as the best leg spinner in the world.

It was an incredible comeback considering we were 93-5 in the first innings after SL had posted 300.

Been watching bucket loads of cricket recently.

Rashid should play ahead of Ali in the first test. Moeen is the better batsman but Rashid is significantly better with the ball. Neither are frontline spinners though.

All the pre-Ashes talk is about seamers, but Nathan Lyon will win Australia this series, IMO.

Been watching bucket loads of cricket recently.

Rashid should play ahead of Ali in the first test. Moeen is the better batsman but Rashid is significantly better with the ball. Neither are frontline spinners though.

All the pre-Ashes talk is about seamers, but Nathan Lyon will win Australia this series, IMO.

I am certainly looking forward to a fantastic Ashes Series. My money is on Jimmy Jimmy Jimmy Jimmy having a big say with his SWING..(dependent on the weather of course)..But certainly agree that England are lacking a frontline spinner...Is "the cat" Tuffnell still chucking the odd ball??