Cricket

• 1 month later...
On 05/05/2019 at 15:03, TEFTONG said:

Archer has to start in the World Cup. He brings some pace and variation that could be vital.

Sorry lads but the English arrogance over this guy is absolutely mental. The team all ganging up and making comments about how it wouldn't be right if he walked into the team etc. 

The guy is a talent who could be the difference between winning the world cup or not. It's absolutely mental that he might not play. His bowling action is as smooth as anything I've ever seen, his fielding is outstanding and he offers some big hitting deep in the batting order. Any other country in world cricket and this lad would be in the team without any controversy or issues about it 

On 05/05/2019 at 18:18, TEFTONG said:

Morgan looked in good nick. Some finish. The Worlds best 20/20 side beaten. Good day all round.

Morgan was good and Denly did well to come out and finish it off too. We really should have got 20-30 runs more than we did. 

On 06/05/2019 at 07:26, kplfishtank said:

Watched highlights of it.  Looked a good start to what could be a wonderful summer 

Looking forward to the 5 ODIs. Will be a really good warm up for us both before the world cup

We desperately need Shadab to overcome illness and make it back for the World Cup (he contracted Hepatitis C). Will be an absolutely devastating blow to our chances if he isn't fit because we really don't have another limited overs spinner (Yasir is a test spinner and has consistently failed in limited overs cricket for us). 

No surprise that it’s all the seamers saying he shouldn’t be parachuted in :lol: 

I dare say the decision to play him in the World Cup has already been made. Excluding him from the squad so that you can pretend he “forced the selectors’ hands” with his performances. 

Just say you’re picking him because he’s brilliant.

On 08/05/2019 at 06:59, Creampuff said:

No surprise that it’s all the seamers saying he shouldn’t be parachuted in :lol: 

I dare say the decision to play him in the World Cup has already been made. Excluding him from the squad so that you can pretend he “forced the selectors’ hands” with his performances. 

Just say you’re picking him because he’s brilliant.

It's mental mate I know they're trying to stop his selection disrupting squad unity but why the fuck is that even a thing?! It's professional sport ffs. If someone comes along who is better than you, who can help your country win a fucking tournament then you should gladly step aside :lol:

Could you imagine Ronaldinho back in the day coming out and saying nah don't pick Messi

Utterly ludicrous from the England players

3 hours ago, psb07158 said:

It's mental mate I know they're trying to stop his selection disrupting squad unity but why the fuck is that even a thing?! It's professional sport ffs. If someone comes along who is better than you, who can help your country win a fucking tournament then you should gladly step aside :lol:

Could you imagine Ronaldinho back in the day coming out and saying nah don't pick Messi

Utterly ludicrous from the England players

I think it’s a rent seeking move from the players tbh due to the rule changes in November.

I think they realise that when there’s no longer a 7 year residence (or whatever it was) period then England can start calling up better players sooner which will have a knock on affect on their contracts and earning power.

On 09/05/2019 at 20:24, kplfishtank said:

Guys I’ve 2 tickets for Scotland v Sri Lanka on Saturday 18th May at the grange in Edinburgh 

same day as FA Cup final so I’m heading to Wembley. Anyone want them ? 

Forecast to be clear on Saturday so will be a decent day out! I can't take them though, Mrs is working and I've got the little ones 

On 11/05/2019 at 18:02, TEFTONG said:

Pakistan were motoring along and then lose 2 quick wickets. 

If today has shown anything it's that Archer is a much better bowler than Woakes.

Just a total lack of power hitting down the order

On 11/05/2019 at 19:21, McEwan's Lager said:

Get it round ye @psb07158 :lol: 

we're waiting for the WC (this will be my excuse until we are knocked out of the world cup :lol:)