Cricket

Okay, the pitch is green, but the surface was always looking like it was going to be decent to bat on once you saw off the first 30 overs. 

England look set for a fucking miserable day tomorrow as Ireland rack up runs on a flatter pitch while the seamers charge in 40 degree heat.

Just now, Creampuff said:

Based on their tour game (against themselves) I’m not sure Australia will do much better. 

Hope no one has Day 5 tickets for an Ashes Test!

They wanted 100 quid for day 5 at lords. 

Ive got day 3 and 4 for Birmingham and 2 and 3 for Leeds. 

If I’m in the Australia set-up my reaction to yesterday would be to give genuine consideration to picking Peter Siddle.

He’s very experienced in English conditions, and is their most similar bowler to the type England appear to be struggling with. 

Fitting him in when you also have Starc, Haze, Cummins, Pattinson, and Lyon is another matter... 

I think it's fair that Woakes starts tomorrow rather than Archer. No need to drop a guy on form with the guy who may not be 100% fit.

I'm looking forward to it. How's the weather going to be..?? Just checked and the BBC say dry until Monday. But Google say showers Saturday and Sunday..