Cricket

6 hours ago, TEFTONG said:

Just home from work. Put on the Cricket highlights and are the West Indies taking the piss with big and I mean BIG Cornwall the spin bowler ? 😜 

Delighted to see Buttler getting some form back. 

I know spin bowlers don't need a fast approach but he just doesn't look right at all m8....I don't think I've ever witnessed a more cumbersome looking spin bowler :lol:

13 hours ago, Creampuff said:

Interesting that England are going with 5 bowlers. I suppose the thought process is that Woakes’ record with the bat in England is such that he’s effectively a legit all-rounder at home.

Woakes seems to get better each test. 

It’s a dilemma but as you say his batting is decent 

3 minutes ago, kplfishtank said:

Woakes seems to get better each test. 

It’s a dilemma but as you say his batting is decent 

In England he averages 32 with the bat and 22 with the ball. How do you leave that out!? :lol: 

The concern for England would be if they do that very English thing of collapsing to 40-3 then you’re relying on Pope/Buttler/Woakes to bat through 60 overs together to post a decent total. 

18 hours ago, Creampuff said:

In England he averages 32 with the bat and 22 with the ball. How do you leave that out!? :lol: 

The concern for England would be if they do that very English thing of collapsing to 40-3 then you’re relying on Pope/Buttler/Woakes to bat through 60 overs together to post a decent total. 

The stat they showed on Sky about Woakes in England vs Woakes outside of England was ridiculous :lol:, like two completely different players

7 hours ago, TEFTONG said:

England will be doing some rain dancing at close of play today. 🥺

Pope recovered well to stabilise the innings, good wee knock from him. England really need him and Buttler to build a good partnership in the morning session. 

That ball Mo Abbas bowled to Stokes was a thing of sheer beauty. I remember the last time Pakistan toured, on TMS they were ripping the utter piss out of Mo Abbas. Seem to recall Boycott especially going hard on the "who does this guy think he is turning up to England bowling at 80mph" before he proceeded to take loads of wickets. 

Absolute stunner. Unplayable. That's to Ben Stokes ffs, one of the best batsmen in the world currently! 

2 hours ago, kplfishtank said:

I’m just shocked that folk are shocked that Pakistan are playing well, it’s not done yet , they have some very good bowlers and a batsman who is getting into the Smith and Kohli mould of respect.  Anyway let’s see what today brings 

Pakistan are probably the test side best suited to playing away in England at the moment. 

Im still thinking they could lose it, as their fielding is always suspect and that matters on day 4/5 of test matches. But it’s set up for a really interesting test match 

2 hours ago, kplfishtank said:

I’m just shocked that folk are shocked that Pakistan are playing well, it’s not done yet , they have some very good bowlers and a batsman who is getting into the Smith and Kohli mould of respect.  Anyway let’s see what today brings 

In 8 series played between the 2 teams in England, Pakistan have won or drawn 6 out of 8. 

For some reason, Pakistan always play well in England. I think they feel at home here because of the crowds etc. Still think England have a good chance of forcing a result their way in this game due to Pakistan's inexperience. England are a team of winners whilst this Pakistan team is full of young guys 

Need to put the pressure on in the morning session here. If Pakistan can restrict England to 250 and add 150-200 runs in the 2nd innings, it will set up a really tasty final few sessions. 

@psb07158For some reason, Pakistan always play well in England. I think they feel at home here because of the crowds etc.

No crowds though so that nullifies your point. 

Aside from the pitches offered up it's all just one versus the other. By pitches I assume you know what i mean regards favouring teams.