Cricket

On 05/12/2016 at 9:12 PM, rfc_watp said:

Actually quite shocked there is 24 pages on this shite. 

What is wrong with cricket? I'm not a huge fan but I keep an eye out for the Greenock, Warwickshire and Scotland results when I get a chance. Cricket isn't a sport followed in huge numbers around Scotland but there are a few pockets of interest and believe it or not, Aberdeenshire has more clubs than Yorkshire!

2 hours ago, psb07158 said:

Our batting in this warm up game against Cricket Australia XI has been poor (the usual story) but our bowlers are looking good. 

Mo Amir was swinging that pink ball a mile. First test starts on Weds 

Many tests are youse playing against them? 

Im still no sure about the day/ night tests. I like to leave a ground at 6-30 and either go for dinner or a beer depending on the day I've had. 

Just now, kplfishtank said:

Many tests are youse playing against them? 

Im still no sure about the day/ night tests. I like to leave a ground at 6-30 and either go for dinner or a beer depending on the day I've had. 

Full series - 3 tests, 5 ODIs. 

I'm not sure about them either but I appreciate cricketing bodies have to do SOMETHING to try and get young people engaged in it - folk like us who are happy to sit in the sun and watch 90 overs of not-much-happening on days 1-3 are a dying breed, it would appear :lol: 

8 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Full series - 3 tests, 5 ODIs. 

I'm not sure about them either but I appreciate cricketing bodies have to do SOMETHING to try and get young people engaged in it - folk like us who are happy to sit in the sun and watch 90 overs of not-much-happening on days 1-3 are a dying breed, it would appear :lol: 

Aye shame. Having said that I think test cricket is as exciting as it's been.

can remember when getting 50 runs before lunch an day one was brilliant, now teams can get 100

38 minutes ago, kplfishtank said:

Did anyone see the two decisions oxenfield gave as out and England overturned on appeal. The second one is the worst I've ever seen. His bat was literally about a foot away from the ball. 

India are great side but appealing that is poor fair. 

On that second one Oxenfield's face when Bairstow instantly reviewed was brilliant. He knew he'd made an arse of it.

35 minutes ago, kplfishtank said:

Whose up next

Pakistan v Australia in the land  of the convicts 

on a side note booked my hotel for Perth next year , mate lives too far away to commute daily so 4 nights in a hotel 

Fancy the aussies to win this one quite comfortably. 

Is that for the ashes mate?