Cricket

4 hours ago, LiviGer said:

Fancy the aussies to win this one quite comfortably. 

Is that for the ashes mate?

If we can score 250+ in our first innings we'll run them hard IMO. Big if though. 

I think they'll struggle against Yasir Shah if we can take the games to the 5th day. Looking forward to it, hope we can bounce back from the disappointing NZ series.

6 hours ago, psb07158 said:

If we can score 250+ in our first innings we'll run them hard IMO. Big if though. 

I think they'll struggle against Yasir Shah if we can take the games to the 5th day. Looking forward to it, hope we can bounce back from the disappointing NZ series.

I hope you're right. Love to see the aussies struggle. 

Going to need a lot more than 250 in the first innings to get anything out this match is going!

Interesting to see Jimmy Anderson sitting the last test match out, said its due to stiffness. More to do with the Kohli incident I think. 4-0 victory looks nailed on for India. England can't cope with Ashwin or Kohli.

20 hours ago, LiviGer said:

Brilliant. Take it you just spend a month or so over there?

Aye mate hopefully get a full month. Fly in just before Perth test and all being well stop till after Sydney. 

Id love to do Adelaide as I've heard it's great but the dates of that never suit me. 

1 hour ago, kplfishtank said:

Aye mate hopefully get a full month. Fly in just before Perth test and all being well stop till after Sydney. 

Id love to do Adelaide as I've heard it's great but the dates of that never suit me. 

Sounds class mate! On the bucket list to get over there for an ashes match. 

3 hours ago, LiviGer said:

Just seen that! What a collapse. Bounced out by the Aussie seamers?

Bounced out, stupid fucking shots. I was livid watching the wickets fall. Literally throwing away wickets. The only good ball was Hazlewood to Younis Khan. Everyone else just gifted their wicket playing loose shots.

So disappointing.

39 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Bounced out, stupid fucking shots. I was livid watching the wickets fall. Literally throwing away wickets. The only good ball was Hazlewood to Younis Khan. Everyone else just gifted their wicket playing loose shots.

So disappointing.

Typical Aussies at home.Think Pakistan will struggle on these type of pitches. In the UAE they are a totally different side. 

No danger we're winning but it's this real hot and cold inconsistency that pisses me off. If we had put up this effort in the first innings this game would be heading for a draw and we move on to Melbourne where I fancy our chances with the pink ball under lights. It doesn't bounce as much but swings more which suits us perfectly.

all that said...what a Herculean effort from Asad Shafiq who becomes the first number 6 test batsman to record 9 centuries 

2 hours ago, LiviGer said:

What's everyone's thoughts on Cook? He's not exactly had an outstanding series. Time to hand the captaincy over to Root or stick by him over the summer and have the Ashes next winter as his last series?

I'd leave it for now. No sure I want Root to be captain just now. Let him do what he does best by batting and being vice 

cook deserves the chance to retain the ashes , unless we get whitewashed at home by the Saffers 

41 minutes ago, kplfishtank said:

I'd leave it for now. No sure I want Root to be captain just now. Let him do what he does best by batting and being vice 

cook deserves the chance to retain the ashes , unless we get whitewashed at home by the Saffers 

South Africa will be a tough series. Could be a defining moment for Cook. He wins that goes in to the Ashes full of confidence. Or on the other hand if England get hammered Cook out and Root in for an Ashes series. Big summer coming up for England test wise. 

I think Cook needs a settled opening partner. Whether that is Hameed or Jennings I'm not sure. 

19 hours ago, ALerone said:

Inevitable collapse tomorrow:

Cook 17

Jennings 36

Root 89

Moeen 59 then 

Etc

Cook c Rahul b Jadeja 49

Jennings c & b Jadeja 54

Root lbw b Jadeja 6

Moeen c Ashwin b Jadeja 44

Bairstow c Jadeja b I Sharma 1