Cricket

14 hours ago, LiviGer said:

Pakistan cricket is struggling due to what's going on there. I know that they have more to worry about than their cricket team but when you watch the tests in Dubai or any of their temporary homes there is zero atmosphere. Does nothing for the games reputation. 

Tbf, Sharjah should be slightly better. Even when Pakistan played at home, they always held series in Sharjah since like the 1980s. Not sure why, but there's a longstanding connection there and so the crowds are always a bit better. 

Dubai is dead. Beautiful stadium but absolutely no atmosphere because the crowds don't turn up.

Always thought the PCB should just give out freebies on the day to get folk packed into the stadiums. They don't appreciate that the people living there are living in awful conditions trying to save as much money as possible to send home to their families in Pakistan. They don't have the cash to turn up to games of cricket - they might love the sport but they can't afford to go. 

5 hours ago, kplfishtank said:

My mates went to a few Pakistan test in Dubai. 

Sharjah I wouldn't even go there as it's a dry state lol. 

:lol: 

5 hours ago, kplfishtank said:

Hope the Aussies get a battering to dent confidence ahead of the ashes coming up. 

I think there is a very high chance that they will.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Creampuff said:

Unbelievable result. 

Happy for SOK to get some success after the years of Warne touring every other spinner in the Shield. 

I'm looking forward to seeing how India bounce back from this. Surely they can't go with a pitch that spins from day 1 again. Worked against England as the English spinners are average at best.

4 minutes ago, LiviGer said:

I'm looking forward to seeing how India bounce back from this. Surely they can't go with a pitch that spins from day 1 again. Worked against England as the English spinners are average at best.

I think too much has been made of the pitch tbh. 

Sure it was a factor, but not as big a factor as India just playing shit cricket.

Just now, Creampuff said:

I think too much has been made of the pitch tbh. 

Sure it was a factor, but not as big a factor as India just playing shit cricket.

There is no doubt India played shite but when the second over on day 1 of a test match is bowled by a spinner that would suggest the pitch was prepared for the spinners and it backfired on India spectacularly which I liked to see! For too long in India tests are being decided on the toss of a coin, if you're battling last on that wicket its a complete minefield.  

On 2/28/2017 at 0:34 PM, LiviGer said:

There is no doubt India played shite but when the second over on day 1 of a test match is bowled by a spinner that would suggest the pitch was prepared for the spinners and it backfired on India spectacularly which I liked to see! For too long in India tests are being decided on the toss of a coin, if you're battling last on that wicket its a complete minefield.  

Tbh, over the last few years India's strategy at home has been slow, flat wickets which spin on days 4-5. They then back themselves to put up a higher score than the opposing teams. Their groundsman either fucked it completely or this is a conscientious change by the BCCI on the basis that they thought Australia's spinners are garbage. 

It was a surprising win for Australia and I'm sure they'll be working 24 hours a day to flatten the next pitch out before the 2nd test :lol: 

On 02/03/2017 at 9:49 AM, psb07158 said:

Tbh, over the last few years India's strategy at home has been slow, flat wickets which spin on days 4-5. They then back themselves to put up a higher score than the opposing teams. Their groundsman either fucked it completely or this is a conscientious change by the BCCI on the basis that they thought Australia's spinners are garbage. 

It was a surprising win for Australia and I'm sure they'll be working 24 hours a day to flatten the next pitch out before the 2nd test :lol: 

I don't think Australia would mind a flat pitch at all tbh. Between a flat deck and weather forecast, the second test has 'draw' written all over it.

Hopefully MMarsh doesn't score any runs, so that I don't need to look at his stupid face playing test cricket anymore.

44 minutes ago, kplfishtank said:

Nathan Lyon take a bow. 8/50 and ripped the Indians apart. 

Anyone watch England last night. Big RHOF flag with Rangers crest on it.

Totally forgot about the India Australia test match. I think it's class how much the Indians are struggling against a decent spin attack! 

Only seen bits of the England game. Never seen the flag. 

3 hours ago, Creampuff said:

Garbage from Australia this morning. Silly wickets to end their innings, and awful new ball bowling. 

India are probably half an hour away from being back in this match. 

Always good to see Kohli struggling for runs though.